collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some Hascon exclusives revealed  (Read 3774 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Some Hascon exclusives revealed
« on: July 28, 2017, 12:14:02 PM »
So they haven't released pictures of any MLP toy exclusives yet, but they have revealed at least on piece of MLP exclusive merchandise, which are mentioned on this site:

http://io9.gizmodo.com/hasbros-own-convention-will-sell-you-a-giant-transforme-1797331311

So what’s actually exclusive to HasCon itself? There’s a double dose of My Little Pony—in the form of a $20 set of 10 Dungeons & Dragons dice, all sparkly and shiny, in a special box featuring the Friendship is Magic gang all adorably dressed up for their own tabletop adventure.

And there’s also a My Little Pony box, a special packaging of Pony merchandise that includes a kid’s t-shirt, a random Pony Friends figure, a ‘Seapony’ plush inspired by the new movie, a set of MLP stackems figurines, a pen and journal, sets of mini coloring books and stickers, a tumbler, and even a new book from the movie called Friends and Foes. For $20, it’s a veritable haul of friendship and magic.

I am not sure if Hasbro ever specifically said there would be a My Little Pony toy exclusive?  Can anyone confirm / deny?  I know they have said there will be toy exclusives, and there will be MLP exclusives, but the toy exclusives COULD just refer to Arcee and "Charge-Your-Phonimus Prime" there, and the MLP exclusives could refer to the stackems, etc.

To me it does not sound like the "random Pony Friends figure" is exclusive.

I was on the fence about the sparkly pink dice because you can get a set of sparkly pink dice for $10 easily, but then I looked at the tin they come in and changed my mind.  It doesn't have the usual "stock art" poses for the Mane 6, they are actually dressed as D&D characters and that's really cool.  The tin is definitely worth $10, and combined with $10 dice that makes the $20 price reasonable.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:00:59 AM by Mirnyj »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Some Hascon exclusives revealed
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
Hmmm interesting... I hope that box isn't the only exclusive. It doesn't' mention that the plush or the figure are exclusive... so I highly doubt it.. unless this article doesn't have all the details? They could be exclusive... but seeing as it is geared towards kids, i'm going with it's just a regular figure. If it was an exclusive figure, i feel like they would charge more than $20 for it stuffed in a box.

I'm still holding out hope for an exclusive pony of some sort. They might not want to release details yet because of production?
~Foxtale~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »
I agree with you, I don't think the sea pony plushies are exclusives.  I'm pretty sure they are going to be part of a regular store release.  I feel like I've seen pictures of them on MLP Merch or somewhere.

Edit:  Not MLP related, but the Arcee pictured is not exclusive to the convention, she will be featured at regular retailers later.  Possibly a store exclusive, like a Walgreens exclusive or something.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:02:59 PM by LadyMoondancer »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »
Hasbro's own "Pulse" newsite mentioned these too.
https://pulse.hasbro.com/news/just-announced-official-hascon-convention-exclusive-merchandise

the MLP Box & DnD set look like that's all we get.  though I wonder who is inside.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 02:16:14 PM »
Phooey. Now I want that dice set, since I play. :( Anyone going to Hascon that can pick me up a set?  *puppy eyes*

Edit: Kinda weird that there's only one D10 in the set, though. :lol:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 02:20:26 PM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 02:34:08 PM »
That Optimus Prime looks kinda cheesy...sorry original prime is the bomb, the rest of Primes they've designed after always look bla to me. He's got some big old duck feet going on there. LOL!

I saw the Dungeons and dragons MLP stuff somewhere else, was it in reference to SDCC?? I forget now. Don't see anything I'll be to upset about missing actually.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 02:48:43 PM »
Phooey. Now I want that dice set, since I play. :( Anyone going to Hascon that can pick me up a set?  *puppy eyes*

Oh man, you're right!  Only one D10!  :lol:

The blurb says it's a set of 10 dice, though, and the picture shows 9 dice.  So hopefully there's another one.  (The one they show is even the "tens" dice of the percentile, lol.)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
I am underwhelmed. 

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 07:23:00 PM »
To me it sounds lame. I don't want ponies mixed with other Hasbro crap.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 08:44:19 PM »
To me it sounds lame. I don't want ponies mixed with other Hasbro crap.

Well it is Hascon.  :shrug:

Cute dog btw

Post Merge: July 28, 2017, 08:46:24 PM

The blurb says it's a set of 10 dice, though, and the picture shows 9 dice.  So hopefully there's another one.  (The one they show is even the "tens" dice of the percentile, lol.)

What happened to Optimus Prime and Shreddicus Maximus?  :lol:
Or was that for something else?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:46:44 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 09:05:31 PM »
Lol... how strange!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 06:54:00 AM »
To be honest, I'm a little shocked.  With the movie coming out, they should be promoting the heck out of it.  Well, maybe there isn't anything that they want to make exclusive to an event this year.  Maybe they want to make sure everything is widely available.  Maybe that's their promotion strategy.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »
I think Skateboarding Optimus and Shreddicus Maximus were SDCC.  :P

To be honest, I'm a little shocked.  With the movie coming out, they should be promoting the heck out of it.  Well, maybe there isn't anything that they want to make exclusive to an event this year.  Maybe they want to make sure everything is widely available.  Maybe that's their promotion strategy.

Someone on a TF board said that i09 was reporting that Hasbro was trying to move away from exclusives (in ALL their toylines) that wouldn't be available elsewhere.  Which, uh, sounds like just . . . no exclusives, then.

I'm really sad if that's the case.  Exclusives were always something fun and special. It seems especially baffling in light of Hascon.  If fans can't get exclusive toys there, what's the point?  Why spend such a crazy amount of $$$ ($160 for the weekend) when they could go to a cheaper con, when Hascon doesn't really offer anything unique . . . ?

I too am shocked.

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 08:16:48 AM »

Maybe they thought it was a duplicate so decided not to show it because they already have enough D6s out? :lol: I didn't count the dice, wo if there's only 9/10 pictured, there's hope it's there somewhere. :)
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »
Did Hasbro say this is all or could there be more announced as the con and movie get closer?

I don't believe that they are moving away from all exclusives since there still seem to be plenty of Amazon, Target, Walmart, and TRU exclusives popping up in stores and online. If anything they just mean no more event exclusives tho I hope that's not the case. I was hoping for an exclusive LPS since they stopped having them at SDCC or maybe even a surprise Integrity Jem since this is the last year Integrity has the license.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:32:56 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal