collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My ebay curse. Now I'M going to demand cheer me up pictures!  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
My ebay curse. Now I'M going to demand cheer me up pictures!
« on: April 23, 2013, 04:58:48 PM »
Ok - fully admit it... I am just venting. But OMG I am so miffed right now!  :rant:

I've seen other threads where people will talk about their frustrations with ebay. I'm gonna join the herd. It's not a gripe about ebay and its functions - just my plain bad luck, really. EVERY TIME it is just a case of a $1 more that someone else was prepared to bid! Granted, I can't be sure just how much more they were prepared to go to - they might have won by a dollar more, but it could have been $15 more if I had kept going up a bit at a time.

I really am just whining. A lovely buy now got taken up which I would have gone for only I didn't know the shipping cost and risked asking the seller who instead of replying took a best offer from someone else HOURS later (it's not like the pony got snapped up in an instant). And moments ago I miss out on a lovely Perfume Puff who went OH SO CHEAP compared to what she normally would go for!!!! Trouble is, I have to factor in shipping otherwise it becomes a totally uneconomical pony to buy (my problem, I know). I knew there was a good chance I wouldn't get her - but I'm almost livid that the winning bid was only a $1 more than my hopeful one!!! Congrats whoever you are who won that much coveted pony. I'm just being a sore loser, I guess.

Sooo... pics, people!!! Show me something! Something that other people will enjoy, too. How about some ponies who you fought hard for. Wanted forever and finally got! Could be anything - something that was just full on satisfaction when you finally got them! Throw your story in too, for good measure!  :)

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: My ebay curse. Now I'M going to demand cheer me up pictures!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »
No pics sorry but just wanted to send you a big hug.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 05:47:23 PM »
Awww! You're a sweetie - thanks! Feeling better already  :)

I just dug out a photo of a pony I had longed for for ages. She was another who I kept missing out on on ebay, to my immense frustration. Eventually, one of my favourite sellers here on the arena told me she had her - and voila - Baby Honeycomb was finally mine!! One of the ponies in my collection who I was simply over the moon to finally have!

:lovey:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »
How about a happy ending eBay story?

My lovely Mimic. I won her on eBay (no fights or anything) but about a year later I was hard up for cash and sold her (along with a few other trophies.) I got talking with the winner and told her about the Arena. She joined! Yay! About six months later, I was sorely missing my Mimic and imagine my surprise when the very same buyer offered to sell her back to me.  :biggrin: So I got my Mimic back and made a new pony friend along the way! (And she included this wonderful green pedestal too! :cheer:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:53:20 PM by clones_rebellion »

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

from1981

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 06:01:06 PM »
Once this person & I were fighting over this British mag with Ralph Fiennes years ago  & in those days I had money, so I won, then right after the seriously intelligent, I'm serious , seller just listed another one.  :lol: :lol: :lol: You learn a lot on eBay. recently I didn't bid on some pony I wanted & had the same experience, it went for some ridiculously low amount even these days I could afford.You know what they say you can't win if you're not in.BTW bid on auctions on small holiday weekends, nobody is home, bad timeing for selling, good for buying.I also fought for a Kosmic Kiddle & nobody can bid fight like me when I've got money  & I'm the comeback kid. My daughters say I screamed "Yes!!!!!!!!" but I too sold the Kiddle with ship & rock after I got t-boned. I couldn't get..Dallas

somebody had already, woa, I managed to get two later, one being a bin for $10 on eBay, I'm a coward will do BIN if  offered. Right now, I'm trying to sell 3 or 4 former grails to get one. :lol: :( :blink:

that little rant person is too funny

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 06:18:07 PM by from1981 »

Offline silverdragon54

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:44:20 PM »

My first grail pony, and the crown jewel of my collection. She was the first one that I had seen on eBay for under $100, so I tossed a bid in just for fun. There were 18 hours left in the auction, so surely I'd be outbid. Right? Imagine my shock when 18 hours passed with no further bids! I guess it was just meant to be. :hearts:
Will make custom plushie for MIB Fashion Style Applejack. PM for details!

See my pony art here!
My items for trade
My wanted list
My plushies!, Handmade plushies for sale!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »
I wish I had photos of my ponies on hand. I have a lot of fun eBay stories. :lol:

Sorry to hear about your recent issues, it happens to all of us!  :hug:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 09:38:10 PM »
It's great reading these stories and seeing those piccies  ^.^ And thanks for the tips, too! Ebay is just a bane, really! I know everyone has bad runs - I'm just getting a bit tired of mine lol!

Clones - your Mimic is so pretty! One day I shall have her!  :P

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 12:56:28 AM »
I have had good luck and bad on ebay, but most recently it has been very good! I nabbed two large lots of G1's for only about $2 per pony  :frolic: Hear is the heap that just arrived! There's even two Italians in there! They were listed as mostly bait but I've not found many flaws that can't be easily fixed by a run though the spa.

A lot of ones I don't need in there but a lot I do as well! I'll be selling off the extras once they are all cleaned up, and this will just fund more ponies  :biggrin:

or this girl I got a while ago BIN for $5~ she had no hair but that didn't upset me any!

Keep at it patience will pay off  :biggrin:

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 01:14:39 AM »
I will just take some pictures, then I´ll be back with my best ebay-story! ^.^

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 01:18:13 AM »
No pic as yet but I got my re-haired Mimic for £54.00 (including delivery). I put in my bid just before I started work one morning so it was about 4.55am (i start at 5am) and the bid was ending at 5.30am.

I have my issues with ebay, there are people who can set up a thing to bid just before a sale ends so you have to keep seriously close eye on sales of some ponies. And when sellers are vague about shipping costs and you have to ask about it and might lose because of the time it takes some of them to answer.

And the sellers who take ages to post something and don't answer your message asking if they've posted it like the seller of the CP Bowtie I'm waiting for who hasn't bothered answering me. It doesn't take two minutes to say 'its in the post' or 'I'm posting it on this day'
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Pangel

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Ooo banana...
    • View Profile
    • Panda Patch
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 02:08:10 AM »

I way overpaid on this girl, but I just HAD to have her when I saw her. I've always loved the soda sippin' ponies, and this girl is just so minty. When I saw she had a working float, I was hooked!  :blush:
Whole toy collection for sale! Selling 100's of items! G1 My Little Ponies, G1 Littlest Pet Shops, Sylvanian Families - EVERYTHING MUST GO!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Panda Patch eBay store <- Click here! ;)

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 02:54:04 AM »
Have 3 Baby Ember kisses

2012_0115marchponies0013 by Rhubarb Pie1, on Flickr

I won these in a lot of babies I saw on a BIN for a little over £20, I saw it and before I knew it I was putting in my paypal details!! I just couldn't pass them up  :biggrin:

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 03:05:08 AM »
Ugghh I cant stand that either on ebay! :0 Sometimes I get outbid by a few cents!!!!!  I fought really hard for my SDCC 2012 Ditzy-Derp! I was lucky to get her under $100 in the box but dang did I sweat as I watched time eat the minutes away in red! Its like... every second it counted down was a huge tick tock in my brain!

Offline disturbed-rainbow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I love toys
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 04:24:11 AM »
I know your frustration there, I keep trying to get a hold of a G1 Birthday girl.. :( but the ending hours are always so odd that I can't make a snag bid so I've lost 4 times on her *UGH!* but eventually I'll get her..

Just takes patience darling!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal