collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Crystal empire in season 3 confirm  (Read 3379 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal empire in season 3 confirm
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 08:01:20 PM »
I'm imagining the new toys/ponies will look a lot like the glitter ponies from G1 (is that what they're called? Sort of clearish and all glittery). Not my cup of tea if that's the case but I'd be glad to see something new!

And watching that youtube clip actually made me tear up, and I don't know why. Makes me feel kind of weird :(

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 09:11:24 PM »

Oooo. The ruins of the Crystal Ponies' Empire. Restored. Or something.

Ahem. I am so excited. Man, these ponies had better be different than the normal stuff.

I hope the ponies are TEs and have crystal bodies.

Crystal bodies and TEs would be AWESOME.

Maybe the crystal ponies are stuck halfway between the regular world and another realm (like Tambelon) and they're like . . . unintentionally haunting the current inhabitants of the kingdom?  And getting everything historically "right" might help the Crystal ponies connect with the real world and get back?

Ha ha, idle speculation is fun!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:37:09 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »
LadyMoondancer That is what I kind of suspected! I was thinking that they were caught in a Riff due to some conflict in the histories past and Cadence has to use her magic to bring them back and the mane 6 have to recreate their history and change it! :D
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2012, 11:19:35 PM »
That is so exciting, thanks for the clip links.

I hope the story will go something like this:
Somehow all of the members of this Crystal Empire are turned into crystals or crystal statues or something, and Twilight and company has to go around solving riddles and stuff to free them from their spells one by one (then a bunch together at the end, or else that would take too long :P)

I am ready for 3rd season!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2012, 11:53:00 PM »
If Emerald Green is important to enough to be packaged with the Mane 6 in the Target set, maybe he plays a large role in the storyline...maybe a prince or something?

I was wondering this too! Either Hasbro wanted to make a rainbow pack just for fun, or Emerald will have something to do with season 3 (which would be so exciting). Or maybe... both? :)

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 12:56:42 AM »
"They had a petting zoo with tiny ewes..."

So in my head right now. Anyone with me?

Also...

Now I'm thinking that the Crystal ponies are around, but have lost their culture and are fighting or something. Princess Cadence has been trying to use her power of love to heal the rift, but the mane 6 will try to help by reminding them of their heritage. That explains both tenses being used.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:02:13 AM by Ren-Ren »
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 01:05:44 AM »
"They had a petting zoo with tiny ewes..."

So in my head right now. Anyone with me?

Also...

Now I'm thinking that the Crystal ponies are around, but have lost their culture and are fighting or something. Princess Cadence has been trying to use her power of love to heal the rift, but the mane 6 will try to help by reminding them of their heritage. That explains both tenses being used.

That's where my mind was, too.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Starbright

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 07:31:04 AM »
I wonder if Twilight's "wasn't prepared" song is in the same ep? She ended up at the train station, maybe Celestia asked her to go help Cadence and Twilight is worried about being given such a huge task and being sent away from her friends in Ponyville. Or maybe not, I just connected the two. :)
Collecting G1 and G3 since 2005  :biggrin:

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 09:52:11 AM »
 I also think the little sheepies were adorable in the crystal pony song. :lovey:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2012, 10:04:10 AM »
Oooooh.....I cant wait to "meet" the Crystal ponies...please let this mean brushable sparkle/crystal toys [not just main 6]

Lol were Hasbro not "unable to comment" on Crystal Empire at the Fair but a few days later a clip mentioning "Crystal ponies" is released.
From what I understand, Hasbro is beholden to the TV production and can't say anything before the producers of the show mention it :) So now that the Hub has officially released some info, Hasbro should be able to speak a little more freely about it. 

I was sooooo freakin excited by this clip! Please please please PLEEAASSE let them be TE!!

Hmmm....I find that odd and interesting - considering the cartoon is merely a marketing tool for Hasbro and The Hub are owned by Hasbro [or at least 50% owned]. It really should be Hasbro who dictate what and when is released information wise. Personally, I wonder if Hasbro just thought Comic Con was a bigger and more FiM relevant location for the release and they didnt want to steal any thunder by confirming information just a week before they have such a major event at CC.
Hmm that's very true. The rep at the fair would only confirm the existence of the crystal empire, but wouldn't say anything else. The production boards from the fair which showed prototypes gave me some insight. Initially the toy looked like G1 Ribbons, then he changed COMPLETELY to match the show character.  I don't know who decided on the overhaul, if they changed him to match the show or if they changed the toy and the show followed,  but I would be very interested to find out who really is driving this pony wagon :P

I also think the little sheepies were adorable in the crystal pony song. :lovey:
I KNOW!!  Those sheepies! *squee* Must make customs of them.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
The toys come first, then the show has to match them.  :)

Sometimes Hasbro changes something to match the show later, like white Celestia or Ditzy Doo, but in most cases the toys come first.  When Rarity has an episode where she has butterfly wings, and then shortly thereafter they release a toy version of her with butterfly wings . . . well, that is no coincidence.  ;)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

keikokukien

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
Cadence -was- sort of missing for a while during the wedding. Maybe she was holding her kingdom (Crystal Kingdom?) together with her powers, but because of the Changeling Queen and being trapped in the crystal caverns, she had to work twice as hard to try and help the crystal ponies? I'm guessing that Twilight learns of this from Shining Armor. Just a hunch. XD

Now, at the Pony Fair, the hasbro reps hinted that they were experimenting with some different things...We all know, or can gather by their quality control these past few years, that Hasbro is pretty cheap...Not that we don't love them for everything else they bring to the table, but that is certainly one of their faults. ^^; For customizing, the little crystals we use for twinkle eye remakes cost alot more than just the paint or other things. If they skip the crystals, their cost per pony is cheaper. So, even while Twinkle Eyes would be ah-may-zing!!!.....we probably aren't getting them. Glitter is cheaper for them as a company. :/ Also, the toy making rules have changed a bit since the 80's and 90's. There are more instances (such as poly pocket and other small toys that are also for ages 4+ ) where kids have dislodged jewels and other such things that have been glued on toys. With the way that the G4s are modeled, the only possible way to anchor the jewels/crystals in their eyes would be with the Fashion Styles and a new head mold specifically for the new crystal eyes. In that same vein, Hasbro VERY RARELY makes new molds when they don't have to. :/ AKA: the former Princess Celestia and Luna lines sold at target with the eyes mismatching the eye shapes or more recently with DJ-Pon3 in the collectors sets.

(BUT that dosen't mean we can't customize the mess out of the lovely translucent ponies after wiping all that glitter away! :D I can see some Masquerade and Party Time customs being made out of what we can see of Apple Jack and Flutter Shy.)

As it stands, we can probably speculate that, realistically, new ponies will probably be created around Spring next year and the mane 6 will be produced this Fall/Winter just in time for the Holiday season. Christmas in July has already started and people will begin actively buying for this season around the middle/end of September and increase until November. By December, if the ponies are not produced, we may just see an empty pony isle given last year's frantic popularity of the G4 line.

Also, at the Fair, the rep said that Hasbro is trying to make other playsets that deal with the show. While she didn't say what, I suspect that this time next year, we will have another Castle modeled after the one in Crystal Empire, if that really is a castle. Possibly a baddie or another Crystal pony to go along with it?

Ah...this is all just my speculation/guessing...^^;; Please don't be angry with me because there is still very limited info to go on as of yet...so, yes...just my two cents' worth.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:26:30 AM by keikokukien »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 11:46:46 AM »
Oooooh.....I cant wait to "meet" the Crystal ponies...please let this mean brushable sparkle/crystal toys [not just main 6]

Lol were Hasbro not "unable to comment" on Crystal Empire at the Fair but a few days later a clip mentioning "Crystal ponies" is released.
From what I understand, Hasbro is beholden to the TV production and can't say anything before the producers of the show mention it :) So now that the Hub has officially released some info, Hasbro should be able to speak a little more freely about it. 

I was sooooo freakin excited by this clip! Please please please PLEEAASSE let them be TE!!

Hmmm....I find that odd and interesting - considering the cartoon is merely a marketing tool for Hasbro and The Hub are owned by Hasbro [or at least 50% owned]. It really should be Hasbro who dictate what and when is released information wise. Personally, I wonder if Hasbro just thought Comic Con was a bigger and more FiM relevant location for the release and they didnt want to steal any thunder by confirming information just a week before they have such a major event at CC.
Hmm that's very true. The rep at the fair would only confirm the existence of the crystal empire, but wouldn't say anything else. The production boards from the fair which showed prototypes gave me some insight. Initially the toy looked like G1 Ribbons, then he changed COMPLETELY to match the show character.  I don't know who decided on the overhaul, if they changed him to match the show or if they changed the toy and the show followed,  but I would be very interested to find out who really is driving this pony wagon :P

Lol...yes...the whole situation is a curious one! I do wonder if what it comes down to is The Hub is bigger and bolder and more willing to engage in a relationship with fans - there is lots of twittering and leaks and Con presence from those involved with the cartoon. Whereas Hasbro the company tend to be more insular and less engaging. So we think the Hub are taking the lead because we hear from them more?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:50:13 AM by hathorcat »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Sailor Phoenix

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »
First off...sorry about the links (was on my phone) ^^; But now even before season 3 starts. There's already a dvd for the crystal ponies?!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-m4tQ83ghMWs/UAOkAgQOFlI/AAAAAAAAwGM/Mqi1xWXIADk/s1600/1.jpg

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »
Well if the DVD is anything to go by it the Crystal Empire episode will be shown before the end of the year. I have a feeling it will be the season opener.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal