collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: why is celestia white in the show but pink in the toys?  (Read 9037 times)

Offline Opalescence

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: why is celestia white in the show but pink in the toys?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
I don't really think the white Celestia toy is any brony-related accomplishment, for the majority of bronies hate Celestia with a passion.

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 12:16:31 PM »
Haha pink-tinted Celestia!

This reminds me of the arguments I used to have with my friends as a kid about Mew being either really pale pink or white. >.>;;

LOL! I always thought mew was a very pale pink/lavender :P My brother insisted this was not the case.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bronley

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 12:21:41 PM »
I don't really think the white Celestia toy is any brony-related accomplishment, for the majority of bronies hate Celestia with a passion.
Really? What poll shows that? I'm genuinely surprised: I assumed I was like most bronies, and I like her and the rest of the cast pretty well (except the insult to masculinity that is Snips and Snails).

SheRa-dude

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »
Really? What poll shows that? I'm genuinely surprised: I assumed I was like most bronies, and I like her and the rest of the cast pretty well (except the insult to masculinity that is Snips and Snails).

Same here!  I love Celestia! And the more little flaws that are shown about her, the more I like her. I compare her to a watchful yet fun-filled parent looking out, but not smothering, her children.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »
A question that has plagued many, myself included.... And one to which only Hasbro has the real answer.

Haha even that, I have my doubts!! :lmao:
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SheRa-dude

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »
I'm so sorry for doing this, and I do not mean to troll...  But getting confirmation for myself about Celestia's near pinkness (see my previous reply), I had to check the level of whiteness of, for example, Shining Armor.....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you want to accept Celestia toy being pink, because her cartoon version is the lightest shade of pink... Shouldn't Shining Armor toy be grey....?

Hasbro, feel free to jump in at any time here :/

Bronley

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
If you want to accept Celestia toy being pink, because her cartoon version is the lightest shade of pink... Shouldn't Shining Armor toy be grey....?
Shining Armor's toy is grey - just a very light shade of grey!

Who said they had to shift the intensity in the same direction from show to toy?  ;)

Although this does mean you will need to customize your Shining Armor a repaint it grey to be show-accurate.

Edit: I'm going back to my 'suntan' theory - Shining Armor was just getting more sun before his wedding than he did before becoming a toy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:50:26 PM by Bronley »

SheRa-dude

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 12:53:29 PM »
Shining Armor's toy is grey - just a very light shade of grey!

Officially too much for my tired brain... ;)

Margos

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »

Really?  Since when?  I thought a lot of people loved Celestia.  I mean, sure, at first everyone thought she might be a cruel tyrant, but I think most bronies accept her as a loveable troll by now....?

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2012, 03:30:27 PM »
I know as a collector I complained about her being pink instead of white the moment I saw her in the store - and I know other collectors who complained.

And, At the fair I thought someone asked the Hasbro reps why she was pink instead of white. Forgive me if I'm not remembering this correctly but I thought they were asked and they answered that girls play with pink ponies and choose pink ponies over white ponies.

Again, sorry if I am misremembering but I thought the question was asked at the MLP fair.

I think I remember at one fair we collectors complained about pink ponies directly to Hasbro. IF I remember rightly they asked what color we wanted the next Fair exclusive pony and a lot of us announced no pink.

Us long time collectors want white Celestia just as much as anyone else.

Even if she is a the lightest shade of pink you can get on the spectrum, the toy is nowhere near the lightest shade of pink, it's a rather drab shade of pink if you ask me.

I would prefer her to be white.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 05:52:59 PM »
Well, 253.247.252 isn't a shade of pink.  If anything it would be purple since you have, for all practical purposes, the same amount of red and blue.

The way I look at it is . . . if I took a picture of cartoon!Celestia to a paint store and said "What is the closest paint you have to match this?" they would point me to the white aisle, where all the shades of white reside.   I guess some people only consider 255.255.255 to be white and don't think it can have shades?   Personally, I disagree.   At any rate, if Celestia's toy is pink because of that itsy bitsy bit of a pink tint, then Rarity's toy should be as grey as Snuzzle.   Celestia is much, much, much whiter than Rarity, as can be seen in the beginning scene of "Sweet & Elite" when they're standing side by side.

The real reason has nothing to do with show accuracy, of course.  If it were, they would've bothered to get her hair colors right.  "Magenta is the same as pastel pink, right?  LOLZ!!!!"
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

StarLite

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
It seems obvious to me - Hasbro has discovered, after spending untold amounts of money on marketing research, that they will sell more Princess Celestia toys if she's pink instead of white. No real need to debate this, in my opinion.

Offline Saiko

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »
Not any of the bronies that I talk to! They all love Celestia. Unless you were referring to the talking toy, not many people like that.
:heart:

Margos

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 02:29:07 PM »
Not any of the bronies that I talk to! They all love Celestia. Unless you were referring to the talking toy, not many people like that.

Oh, LOL!  If that's what you meant... then, yeah, you're absolutely right.  "I love it when you comb my hair!"  Wow.  Can you imagine Celestia actually saying that!?

kidcaella

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 02:32:04 PM »

Oh, LOL!  If that's what you meant... then, yeah, you're absolutely right.  "I love it when you comb my hair!"  Wow.  Can you imagine Celestia actually saying that!?

My favorite line is "My wings are so pretty.", it feels like the next thing she's going to say is "too bad you don't have any."  :shocked:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal