collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the hardest accessory to find for a play set?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
What is the hardest accessory to find for a play set?
« on: December 18, 2015, 02:43:16 PM »
I am going to keep the lead off post simple but look forward to reading other people's responses regarding various play sets and ponies that had multiple accessories like Rosette, Sweet Clover (still looking for the lighter color one :blush:), Good Weather, Tootsie, etc.

With the first released show stable, I had a heck of a time tracking down the yellow jump bar.  Weird, I know!

ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: What is the hardest accessory to find for a play set?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 03:07:54 PM »
I have the supports for it, but not the bar itself. XD For a while I used the mop accessory from an 11th Doctor action figure because I thought it was funny.

Talking of accessories, is there any way to tell the wooden blocks that come with the Lullabye Nursery from normal wooden blocks? I imagine those would be a bit hard to track down.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 04:04:50 PM »
Talking of accessories, is there any way to tell the wooden blocks that come with the Lullabye Nursery from normal wooden blocks? I imagine those would be a bit hard to track down.

They are a little smaller than the standard toy blocks. I remember I used my blocks mixed in with our usual blocks, and they were not the same size. I just picked up a complete nursery from the UK, and the blocks are completely different from the US issue ones.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 04:16:15 PM »

They are a little smaller than the standard toy blocks. I remember I used my blocks mixed in with our usual blocks, and they were not the same size. I just picked up a complete nursery from the UK, and the blocks are completely different from the US issue ones.

Is it a general difference with the US one or is the one you picked up the later West German made nursery? Just curious ;)

Playsets...hrm. Well, since it wasn't sold here, I had some trouble getting the final bits to the Satin Slipper, but it wasn't that tricky when I started looking.

I actually had Sweet Clover loose with her accessories and MIB without any problem; I sold most of her loose accessories now though. Ditto Rosette and Good Weather; got both with accessories in box fairly easily, so haven't looked for them loose. I think I did have some of GW's at one time,but didn't keep them.

In terms of accessories for individual ponies, though, the felt teeth for baby TTT and Quackers are annoying to me. I had TTT's as a kid, but who knows where it's gone now.

Also, mallets for baby ponies. For some reason, unless I have the pony MIB, I can't get hold of them at all.

Ah, I have problems with the Slumber Party set. But this is because I'm still holding out to buy it complete, so I don't have it at all except the ponies...does that even count though?

I probably don't have all the US invites for the US party set, either, come to think of it. Those disappear really easily (although I have spare Tutti ones again ><)

I had to replace the brush for my Gymkhana, too. It first broke, then got lost. Thanks to Save The Ponies I replaced it at ponycon though, so Butterscotch is complete again...
...Tootsie?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 04:37:21 PM »
Lavender dream castle goblets!   They pop up on eBay but WAY out my price range!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 04:42:37 PM »
Lavender dream castle goblets!   They pop up on eBay but WAY out my price range!

I gave up on ever getting that set. It wasn't sold here, and it's too expensive, and with customs as well.. not a chance.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »
The little sponge that goes with the bathtub.  >.< 

Offline jrr74

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 05:32:34 PM »
The little sponge that goes with the bathtub.  >.<

Good one!  I am not even going to bother with that one on my nonexistent want list  :nope:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:50:47 PM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Bibsy

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 07:21:28 PM »
The utensils for Paradise Estate are tough to find, though I eventually tracked them down and I think the glasses for the Schoolhouse are difficult too.

Offline sparkleset80

• Trade Count: (+178)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 05:28:45 AM »
I swear accessories can be harder to find than the ponies themselves. Even though I am having to sell off some of my collection, I am never selling my accessories! I'm still kicking myself for selling a couple accessories that I know I will have again. LOL!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 09:51:22 AM »
I was totally gonna say that yellow jump bar too. But then I have simple taste, and don't really bother with any of the later release playsets :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline jrr74

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 10:39:26 AM »
I was totally gonna say that yellow jump bar too. But then I have simple taste, and don't really bother with any of the later release playsets :)

The evil yellow jump bar strikes again  >_<

@ Taffeta-Oops, I meant Tutti-Frutti, not Tootsie  :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:42:30 AM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
- mine were the darn "purple" jump bar to the home sweet home (2nd show stable) and the purple hand brush, i never did find them before i sold mine last year,
also

- the dance bar to the baby bonnets school of dance, again never did find it before i sold that one last year too :( so miss those sets and it took me forever to find all the other bits and pieces to them.

also.

- those darn dream castle felt fags, landed up making my own.
and last

- bar of soap and sponge to the bath tub play set, I'm still after these, they are such little pieces so easily lost over the years :( i love that play set. i so want the little bar of soap :lol:

oh and i nearly forgot.
- waterfalls bubble bath bottle , iv had that the longest and still not complete without that :cry:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:28:07 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 05:27:00 PM »
Lipstick and nail polish bottles for the Poof n' Puff tend to be pretty darn scarce, for obvious reasons - they got used and then tossed.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 03:35:46 PM »

100% this one!

Also the blue heart curry brush from Megan's Place (thats a nightmare) and the small shell from Good Weather (in fact a lot of Good Weather's set).
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal