collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the least expensive and best g1 playset for limited space please?  (Read 669 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I'm debating getting one, but I only have so much room to spare.

I think I'd like the carry case, but it always seems to be filled with ponies (thats a good thing but I have a pony limit)and the case itself looks like it might be one of those cheap, cardboard and vinyl deals.

The show stable looks nicer, but how many ponies can it hold?

I'd like something that will hold a fair amount, can be displayed in a smaller space and is fairly cheap, without theoretically breaking apart, whenever I need to move it.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
As far as one that can hold plenty of ponies go, I think the Show Stable would be a good choice. Maybe the Nursery, since it can also fold up, and then expand out?

As far as how many ponies they hold, I suppose it depends on what you mean by "hold." Do you mean display, or just how many ponies can fit inside for the purposes of transport?
If you can track down the Dream Castle carrying case, that might be a nice choice. It is a vinyl case but it is fairly rigid, holds 12 ponies plus it has a compartment for accessories.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
By hold I mean how many can I fit inside? :) How many does the Show Stable hold?  don't recall a Dream Castle carrying case, I will hafta check that out. Thanks reanna-mator.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:24:29 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
The Show Stable fits 4-6 adult ponies visible with the top doors open and the lid closed, depending on size and pose - it's particularly good for the shorter poses / collector ponies, some of the taller ones like BB's or SHS's won't be able to stick their heads out because of the low height of the top doors.  If you're looking at total storage capacity, without any accessories in you could easily fit  2-3x that number inside.  Again the actual number will vary by size of the MLP's. Something important to note for the SS is that you cannot pick it up by the handle without the top doors being intact/unbroken - they have tabs that slot into the hinged roof that keeps the whole thing closed during transport. 

The long rectangular carry cases fit six ponies and are made of plastic/cardboard with a plastic insert inside, and aren't a very good space to storage ratio.  The clasps are also notoriously hard to find unbroken, and the plastic is prone to cracks. 

The Lullaby Nursery is great if you have a lot of baby ponies - it's got two levels and can easily hold a lot of babies, number varying again by how many accessories and the size of the MLP's themselves.  Adults also fit on the lower level though not the top.  Make sure you get one without broken hinges on the two smaller quarters if you need to be able to use it for transportation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:54:11 AM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
By hold I mean how many can I fit inside? :) How many does the Show Stable hold?  don't recall a Dream Castle carrying case, I will hafta check that out. Thanks reanna-mator.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's what it looks like. Admittedly I'm not sure if I see it for sale that often, but I've actually used it to carry ponies around outside for photo shoots.

Thanks for the added info, Baby Sugarberry. :D

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
@Baby Sugarberry-6 isn't bad. Thanks for the advice about the BBs and SHS. Just a mix of pegasus and unicorns, since I don't have enough adult G1 earths. Though I suppose I could use it for my G3 and G1 Earth ponies? Hmm. I'm not an accessory person, so maybe fitting 7-8 would be good.

I don't really plan on getting many more babies, much as I love them and they're small enough to fit on my bookshelf and still leave room for 3 more plus the Flutters and Wingers.

Post Merge: October 28, 2015, 12:10:39 PM

Here's what it looks like. Admittedly I'm not sure if I see it for sale that often, but I've actually used it to carry ponies around outside for photo shoots.

Thanks for the added info, Baby Sugarberry. :D

Oh that is so pretty!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:10:40 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
G3's usually fit well in the SS - they're on average a little shorter than most G1's with less extreme poses.  A lot of the G1's don't fit in the ShowStable with just the top doors open - they're often too tall / have raised heads or extended forelegs that make it problematical.  Leaving both sets of doors open helps, though poses like Sky Flier or Mimic's still won't display at all, Majesty's foreleg keeps her pose from standing level, etc.  Depending on your display space dimensions, using the green fence pieces that came with the SS (or are easily acquired alone - they're common) might be useful to make a paddock off to the side for the taller members of your herd. Just about any G1/G3 can fit inside the Stable for carrying, it's just the front doors that are pretty limited.  They were clearly designed with just the Collector pose in mind.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
It is very attractive, looks nice on display. As Baby Sugarberry said, like the smaller case it does have thin plastic inserts that divide compartments to store the ponies, and it's possible to get them broken. And with two levels of pony storage, if the top insert is broken it can sag a bit, like with mine. I don't mind too much, it still holds the ponies just fine. :) Though you may find that taller unicorns end up having their horns poking the "ceiling." Still, all but the really big G1s like Secret Surprise ponies will fit, I think.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
@Baby Sugarberry-Going by that, at least 2 of my 3 G1 adults should fit fine. Dunno about BnG Ringlets, but Seashell and Bunny Hop for sure would have no problem fitting in with most of my G3 girls.

To you both, Thanks for the mention of the taller and longer poses and the sagging.  Most of my unicorns are in the Buttons pose, so they probably wouldn't fit. The Gusty and Moondancer posed ones should be okay and I think the Whizzer, Dancing Butterfly and North Star posed Pegasus should be alright if I ever wanted to switch em up.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
personally I like peachys palour and its always cheap :) I am not sure how many ponies can fit inside thou, maybe only 4 ish but its nice to display ponies as it has the middle platform so adds more dimension to displays

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: What is the least expensive and best g1 playset for limited space please?
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
I wonder if it's possible to shore up the Dream Castle Carry Case with pieces of thin wood?

Post Merge: October 28, 2015, 12:57:40 PM

personally I like peachys palour and its always cheap :) I am not sure how many ponies can fit inside thou, maybe only 4 ish but its nice to display ponies as it has the middle platform so adds more dimension to displays

Peachys Pretty Parlour is cute. ^.^

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 01:53:28 PM »
I have the same problem - not much room for playsets :( here is my display

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 02:10:31 PM »
I have the same problem - not much room for playsets :( here is my display

What a tidy and pretty display. :)

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »
I suggest the Pretty Parlour too.  Nicely priced most of the time and is a nice little display.    Sold mine as a youth (stupid, stupid) and bought another one a few years ago.  :)   Easy to find room for it.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 06:45:48 PM »
I'd go with Pretty Parlor too. Nursery is nice choice, especially if you like / have a lot of babies but for storage purposes don't snap the back canopy on! Poor designing but fun for baby ponies.. :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal