collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is so enjoyable about My Little Pony?  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Darker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
What is so enjoyable about My Little Pony?
« on: December 28, 2014, 09:21:18 AM »
So, yeah, this might be a pretty unnecessary question to some people, but I'm curious on what dragged some people into watching My Little Pony. Wether is MLP n' Friends, G3,G4, etc.

Why do YOU like MLP?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Picture by dragnmastralex
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:20:59 PM by Darker »
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline blazywazy110

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What is so enjoyable about My Little Pony?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 09:48:42 AM »
I love how kindhearted and fun ponies are. I mean what's not to like about candy-colored magic ponies?! They're adorable! I can't get enough of 'em.  :good:

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »
For me it's the nostalgic element. I loved playing with them together with my sister when we were kids, it was just so innocent!! My mum used to like combing their hair with us too!!
So when I got them out of the loft as an adult all those memories came flooding back, they just make me feel so happy!!

Jules x

galaxystardust

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:45:09 AM »
For me it's the nostalgia. I was hooked as a child and still now, love linking the toys to their characters in the show - I'm all about the MLP n Friend's. Never liked anything after that.

It was one of the things that pushed me into becoming a graphic artist. I adored the animation style used in the pilot episode (Rescue at Midnight Castle) and wanted to become an animator for children's television. No such luck in this country...  It's always bothered me that they changed the style of animation for the rest of the episodes in the show.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 11:47:58 AM »
Nostalgia for me too. The ponies were such a big part of my childhood and it was pretty early that I started dreaming of collecting the G1 toys although it took me quite a while to actually start a collection of my own. :) And they just are sooo pretty, all of them! And even though I'm more of an older gen enthusiast I also enjoy watching the FIM cartoon.

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 02:50:40 PM »
I just have always loved the concept of it!  I mean, a bunch of pastel colored ponies all living together in magical places and having crazy and fun adventures?  What could be more fun than that!  Since I was a tiny kid, I have always loved anything that had even a remote connection to horses, so that was my initial attraction to MLP when I was a little kid at the start of the G3 era, and I have loved it ever since.   

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 05:39:42 PM »
I like My Little Pony more as a toyline than a TV show - I watched very little of the shows and I still am not a fan of the newer show.  :)  So I liked them because they were magical, colorful, brushable horse toys!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 05:50:38 PM »
I didn't have any MLPs when I was young, so for me, the show (MLP:FIM) really got me into it. It's like a form of escapism from the real world. The characters, animations, and setting are all perfect! Then I slowly started collecting, which really brought me into the community.

Offline Darker

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 06:11:29 PM »
I didn't have any MLPs when I was young, so for me, the show (MLP:FIM) really got me into it. It's like a form of escapism from the real world. The characters, animations, and setting are all perfect! Then I slowly started collecting, which really brought me into the community.

I wouldn't call FiM perfect, but I guess it's all up to opinion.
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 06:16:49 PM »
Initially as a child it was the fact that they were ponies. Pink ponies!  And unicorns!!!  Marketing that to little girls in the 80s was practically a license to print money.

As an adult nostalgia is what got me interested in collecting. The ponies remind me of family and friends, and all the fun I had with them as a kid. Then I met so many awesome friends through my hobby, all over the world and down the street, who I'd never have met if we weren't collectors. There's just a lot of happiness wrapped up in those little plastic ponies.

Elf

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 06:19:17 PM »

I wouldn't call FiM perfect, but I guess it's all up to opinion.

I guess I should have used a better word then perfect because it does have flaws, but overall I find it to be a very enjoy show to watch.  :)

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 06:27:33 PM »
I'm a big fan of the fantasy aspect and also just how sweet the toys are.  In general, I like the variety (when Hasbro actually feels like giving us some), since it makes it feel like some big fleshed out world of saccharine goodness.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »
The sheer girlyness of them!
 I went from being very very tomboyish young tween (We're talking mens jeans and flannel to school!) to slowly appreciating girly things when I found MLP. They're responsible for the overkill of rainbow sparkles that I love today.

They inspire me. After I found MLP and got my first five (SW Glow, SW Highflyer HT Tabby, TE Partytime and SHS BeautyBloom) I started to draw like crazy. They continue to be a major influence in my art to this day. Sometimes when I get artists block really bad, just staring at my shelf of muses can pull me out of it.

The collectability! So much variety and so many adorable ponies to choose from! The G1's will always hold a special nostalgia for me, but most of my adult life can be bookmarked with what was happening with MLP at the time. :3 I've enjoyed so many "hunts"... especially when the new musthaves hit stires and you drive all around town on the prowl for it.
I love "playing" with my ponies, taking pretty pictures of my gems and placing them "just so" on display.
I love "Spa Day" for new arrivals, or even just getting the lightbulb moment to try a new do on an old gal.

Lastly (but certainly not leastly) is the incredible community and amazing friends I have made. Sure, they're "just" plastic toys, but through them I've been connected to people from sll edges of the world, from all viewpoints and walks of life. I've learned a lot about how to collect and restore and shared/been shown so much..

I'd be a lot less happy if I didn't have these silly little fillies as part of my daily routine. I'm grateful for all they bring to my life :3 :3 :3
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 09:35:13 PM »
Nostalgia, since they were my favorite toys as a kid, and also they were what first really connected me and my best friend, Aadra310.  We were in about 6th or 7th grade when we started collecting together, and the frequent trips to the flea market and sleepovers so we could hit neighborhood garage sales were really what cemented our friendship.  OMG, when we discovered the internet and ebay I thought we were both going to explode. 

CottonTALE

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 05:51:58 AM »
I personally like it because it's something I can watch with my nieces and nephews. I moreso enjoy collecting the toys and merch as it helps when I have anxieties to just sit there and brush my ponies/eqg dolls or hug my plushies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal