collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your favourite part of collecting my little ponies?  (Read 490 times)

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
Re: What is your favourite part of collecting my little ponies?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »
I had G1s when I was young, and they were hand-me-downs from the teenager who used to babysit me. I think I only had one or two new G1s, as I was born in '88 I kind of missed all the MLP action, and I never even knew G2s existed until I discovered the online MLP world much later. I started collecting when I stumbled across a big freezer bag full of ponies at a yardsale (an Amish family's yard sale, oddly enough) when I was 10 or 11. I went home and cleaned them up, which was so fun, and started researching them on the internet -- which was so exciting in and of itself back then. I remember finding a website (Dream Castle? something like that) that was so fun and helpful in ID'ing G1s. I was hooked! I was finding G1's left and right at thrift stores, yard sales, auctions -- which were all things I did frequently with my grandparents who I stayed with during summer and school breaks. I love the rush of finding something cool, especially something old, second hand. And then taking them home and cleaning up your treasures. Always fun.

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 08:37:10 PM »
My favourite part is definitely taking my time to enjoy washing their hair when they first arrive, and now whenever I use that conditioner the smell calms me ^.^
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 09:17:08 PM »
My favorite part is cleaning them up and restoring them if they need it and then displaying them.  I especially like completing sets and then seeing them on the shelves in my pony room.  I also love putting up seasonal pony displays around the house.  My mother in law collects dolls and many of them are themed spring, winter, fall, valentines day etc... and she always rotates displaying them according to the season.  I always thought that was such a neat idea.  Right now I have a winter holiday display with Merry Treats, Silver Glow and a bunch of the G3 winter ponies.   
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 12:08:11 AM »
I love to look at all the pretty colors and there eyes! They do also cheer me up when I am having a bad day from work. Pony smell is awesome to :)

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 12:20:07 AM »
Hmm tough question. I never have a proper answer. It's just one of those things you love as a child and it sticks!

Along the way, there are friends that you pick up while collecting, and all I can say is there are no friends like pony friends. They're always the best!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 02:20:03 AM »
When I was a kid, I was obsessed with ponies but I had very few of my own and never had any from any of the shows, because they just weren't sold much where I'm from. Particularly in rural areas. So, my favourite part of collecting them now is the gratification every time I either acquire a pony I wanted as a child, or reacquire one I used to have as a child. It's just nice to be able to give that to my 7 year old self.

This. :) It thrilled me to finally get some of the Ponies I'd longed for so badly as a child. And to find more I wanted to add to my wishlist and acquire!

There's also something so exhilarating about going to the store and finding Ponies there once again. I love being able to just go and buy one or two figures or plushies, a luxury I didn't have as a kid.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:21:42 AM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
I used to play with ponies for hours so of course I have some happy memories playing with them. Though my most favorite thing about them now is completing a set of ponies. I also like re arranging ponies. All my herd though is in Bins and maybe one day they will have a pony room again of my own.

Offline ThriftyPony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Fakie Hideout - Fakie ID Guide & More
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 12:41:59 PM »
Also, getting your childhood ponies back is fun. My memory if my childhood collection is fuzzy, but I know I had Firefly. Getting her in a swap was really special. Now I have two! :X Can't bring myself to sell the extra yet.

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 04:23:06 PM »
:) so many great things about collecting ponies!!  :biggrin:
I do love pony mail..... and I still have wrinkly fingers from washing 300 ponies lol using my favourite conditioner :)
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
My favourite thing would be... making eye contact. :lol: They have such soft, sweet gazes, the G1s in particular. It's a treat to walk past a pony and find it looking upon you with understanding and tenderness. No matter how bad I'm feeling or how crummy of a day it's been, I know I can always pick up a pony and mess around with it. They take all of the scrubbing, conditioning, combing, styling, playing, posing, rearranging, squishing, boiling, and even the rare event of a cat attack with angelic grace and patience. :heart:

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
Yes..... that's so true :)
My nans neighbours cats used to steal my ponies when I visited over the weekend...luckily they were rescued quickly he used to drag them through the cat flap!
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 09:03:08 PM »
Hard question! I don't know if I can sum it up as one thing to be honest. I love my collection, I love organising them, finding out more about them, talking about them. A little bit of everything. But I will also admit I love collecting MLP because it has brought into my life 2 of my best friends - who I do not know how I got by without. :heart: So the friends I have made thanks to the pony community is a large part of what I love about collecting too :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 09:10:48 PM »
My favourite thing is that it makes me as happy as an adult to collect and care for ponies as it did when I was a child. 

I'm proud that as an adult I can spend my money on what I want, and that such simple things make me so happy.

But the best thing?
My soul mate quoting the Grundleking.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal