collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is your collecting strategy?  (Read 733 times)

Offline RAMChYLD

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Geeky pony wrangler.
    • View Profile
    • http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/RAMChYLD
Re: What is your collecting strategy?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 06:39:15 PM »
I just grab any new ponies I find.
I'm cataloging FIM pony product codes! Check it out! | My Wish list. Updated in real time. | My G4 Army register

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 06:16:01 AM »
I am one pony short of a US/Euro G1 collection [dang you purple symbol Baby Princess Sparkle your magenta sister needs you to come join us lol!]...and if I am honest there was little logic to my getting there :P

I started with "the ones I want most"
Then moved on to "at least two from each set"
Then moved on to "complete the sets I like best"
Then moved on to "complete all sets"

So little to no pattern! I tended to have 20 or 30 ponies at a time I was always on the look out for and as and when I found them I swapped them out for another pony to keep the list around the same number. Occasionally I would jump outside that list if I purchased from a seller who had other ponies for sale I was still looking for. As to who made that list - the priority was simply down to who I liked best at the time.

As for now I am at that upgrading stage where there are a few ponies I would simply like better versions of so I have the same kind of list. On top of that I also always have 4 or 5 accessory items which I am pretty desperate [always] to track down.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Hunter-Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 07:07:34 AM »
MUUUUUUMMM!!!

Hehe.

Being serious, I try to get G4's as they come out. With other Gens (mostly G1) I get the ones I want the most out of those easily availible when I have the opportunity.

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 07:25:03 AM »
Since I mainly collect g3 at this point, I used to buy big lots of ponies that had many I did not have. I would keep the ones I needed and sell the rest to get more funds to buy another. Now that I am doing pretty good on my list, I switch to buying mib. If I get a mib that I have already loose then I sell off the loose version because I do not think it right to hold them when someone else might want them...
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
What is your collecting strategy?
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 08:15:46 AM »
My list is organized by what I want most. It is a little stressful esp when I see something and if its not available later ...

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 08:22:07 AM »
G4s I'm trying to purchase as they come out, but with the other generations I'm buying what I can at PonyCon and then the rest pretty much come from swaps.

I used to be a "got to have them all" collector with my G1s-3s but now I focus on the ones I really want.

MikaylaIsSoCoolLike

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 09:09:05 AM »
For any previous generation, I have to hope that my mother finds them at a yard sale. I don't have a PayPal or credit card to buy them online, so the internet's been ruled out (except for that one time I bought a blindbag on Amazon). For G4s, I just wander into Walmart or Target and get what I both want and don't have.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal