collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!  (Read 79602 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread... number 2!
« Reply #1485 on: August 16, 2022, 05:43:25 AM »
My back is so bad today :( I could hardly walk. I took some pain pills and put some Salonpas gel on my back. I don't like putting in on because it makes my hands feel weird and it doesn't wash off, but I couldn't think of a way to get it on and rubbed in using something else. My cat hates the smell so she won't come by me.

Speaking of my cat, her nose is very dry and cracked. Last night I noticed and thought it was dried food so I tried to pick it off, but it's the skin. She felt a little hot yesterday, but she's acting fine and is eating and using the bathroom okay. Maybe it's from the heat. My electric bill was really high so I'm trying not to use the AC too much. I have it set to 85, which really is too hot but with the fans on it's tolerable. For me, anyway. Maybe it's too hot for Mouse.

@Ponyfan, I feel the same about texting. I usually don't do much in a day, except clean or work on my art. I don't talk to a lot of people because of it. I have nothing to say, really. Here is the only place I really like to talk.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1486 on: August 16, 2022, 05:57:53 AM »
:hug: :hug: @Ponyfan you're not the only one who feels this way about friends. i'm so bad at staying in touch. i feel weird about texting to just ask how things are going and feel like i should only contact people if i have something important to tell them. or if i'm feeling sad i feel like i'm going to burden people with my issues. i also feel like a bad friend for not checking in for long periods of time. especially since covid started and i haven't been able to coordinate schedules.

i also feel like these issues stem from former "friends" who treated me badly. also from parents who never seem interested in anything i say. hopefully real friends do care and want to talk to you even if you feel like there's not much to say. :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1487 on: August 16, 2022, 08:13:26 AM »
Having Chicken Pox during a heatwave is making me very sad indeed.

Love pkw xxx

I'm sorry.  Could you put lotion in a pipette and play connect the dots with your spots?  That might make applying lotion fun.

Hahahahaha! During one fevered night, I did consider doing Dot-to-Dot with all the blisters :lol: :cry: >_<

Hugs for everyone.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 16, 2022, 10:08:35 AM »
certain people at work are annoying me. we need to make some updates to improve things. people freak out whenever we talk about making any changes. it doesn't affect them but they think it will. even though i repeatedly explain why it will not. this is why nothing improves. i'm tired of answering the same questions over and over. write it down or remember. if you can't care enough to remember don't interrogate the people trying to make things better.

i just need to vent a little.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 11:18:50 AM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1489 on: August 16, 2022, 12:44:34 PM »
Is anyone else having problems with Facebook lately? I can only browse my feed for a little while before I get an 'oh snap!' page from Chrome and it says it's out of memory. Then when I try to comment on something, it freezes, or my typing will be stalled and it's time out and say something went wrong and to refresh. I was trying to get in on a conversation in one of my groups but I couldn't post anything because I couldn't finish writing a comment! I was able to upload a pic from my phone to Facebook just fine a few minutes before though.

It's really frustrating!

edit: I found a tech forum where people have been posting having problems with FB for the last week or so.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 05:55:34 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1490 on: August 16, 2022, 01:32:15 PM »
FB hasn't let me send messages on one of my browsers for months now. It's very annoying. Not that I use FB much, but I do use the messenger to talk to my uni friends overseas.

I don't suppose this is actually a trivial complaint, but I still would like to vent a little.

On another site (not pony), someone with autism posted a thread like BC's, where they'd had trouble with getting their disability renewed. And some person posted on it basically undermining the person's right to claim support because autistic people can get jobs.

This person has been like this before, they've basically said that experts know more about autism than autistic people, and other such rubbish :/ It was very offensive and they got ripped to pieces by one of the (autistic) mods on the site.

I am really so tired of people with no lived experience of autism acting like their opinions matter more.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 16, 2022, 07:59:49 PM »
sorry to complain so much in one day. i think i need to cancel my CreditKarma account. i used it to monitor my credit before and it's somewhat useful. i know they just advertise stuff but it's nice to have data in a single place. but the constant updates are so stressful. anything that changes at all and it's cryptic emails "something has changed" oh you paid a bill. well i almost had an anxiety attack. thanks! it's just email clickbait and pretty useless information that i can get through financial accounts i already have. it's not updated as ofter but at least i won't have so much stress. credit scores are dumb anyway. but i guess that's a different rant.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 16, 2022, 08:02:37 PM »
*rips gate out of gatekeeper hands and hurls it out onto the lawn like Dwayne Johnson*

EQUAL ACCESS!!!! AHAHAHAHA

my basement renovation continues.  both husband and I have actual documented injuries incurred from this project.  yay need physiotherapy.

day after tomorrow is the work golf tournament.  I don't know if any of you ever have to deal with this type of chaos but it's on my horizon and looming closer...
my priority is to survive until Friday because I absolutely cannot deal with anymore insanity related to this event. 

THEN we get to list the new apartment suite and find new people who are able to put up with us!  YAY 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 08:06:45 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 17, 2022, 05:14:15 AM »
I need to vent  -_-
The company I work for recently increased wages by a pittance due to pressure from the union to keep up with inflation.
The catch? To be able to afford these higher wages they’re ‘restructuring’ work hours to reduce the amount of penalty hours paid to staff.
The result: I’ll be making less money a month than before they increased wages.

(This company is in the top 5 largest in my country, no small fry - just a soulless CEO that owes staff millions in stolen wages).
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 17, 2022, 06:05:27 AM »
Thank you BC and Beth.  I get tired of sending "How are you doing" texts too but I usually keep trying because I want to keep the few friendships I have even if I don't always get a text back.

I needed new shoes.  I've worn the last 2 pairs I got to the point where one pair is only good to use around the house (the soles have no traction left) and the other pair has started to hurt my feet after wearing them for hours.  The shoe store is in an shopping center that has a lot of other stores too. I noticed a Five Below and was really excited because I didn't know that where I live had one.  I said that I thought Five Below was a store that sold stuff for around $5 or less.  While I was getting shoes my dad went to Five Below and I went there after I got shoes.  Since I said that I thought everything at Five Below was $5 or under my dad started complaining how "overpriced" a lot of their stuff was and "most of it was more than $5."

I'm not sure what happened yesterday but as the day wore on I felt terrible.  My new asthma dr insists on making me take a breathing treatment each time I come in to help measure lung function before and after a treatment.  At one point my lungs and face felt tight and by the time the evening came I felt really shaky.  I feel slightly better today but still off.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 17, 2022, 06:42:55 AM »
woke up to multiple overnight an early morning work related emails. i guess i'm not supposed to sleep. one was about a side project that was poorly managed by the person who commissioned it. it should have been a one month thing and now it's been almost a year. seriously just don't send emails at 1am. especially emails requesting status updates. i don't even feel like responding. i'm hoping to find a job that pays enough so i don't need to supplement my income with side work. these stupid projects are never worth it.

working on multiple projects at my job is also annoying because everyone thinks their thing is the most important. none of this is important. i can't wait to have some time off. i hope i can take a little time off when i find another job. i really was not meant for corporate life. so many silly processes.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 17, 2022, 07:10:07 AM »
I need to vent  -_-
The company I work for recently increased wages by a pittance due to pressure from the union to keep up with inflation.
The catch? To be able to afford these higher wages they’re ‘restructuring’ work hours to reduce the amount of penalty hours paid to staff.

(This company is in the top 5 largest in my country, no small fry - just a soulless CEO that owes staff millions in stolen wages).

Ew.  I wonder what would happen if all the staff decided to do minimum work for minimum pay.  Crappy quality work costs companies more than quality work so if you all get on board with doing the bare requirements of the job maybe that will send them a message.  Or if enough of you walk away to new jobs (especially a competitor) that might get the point across.

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 17, 2022, 08:02:45 AM »
I need to vent  -_-

Ew.  I wonder what would happen if all the staff decided to do minimum work for minimum pay.  Crappy quality work costs companies more than quality work so if you all get on board with doing the bare requirements of the job maybe that will send them a message.  Or if enough of you walk away to new jobs (especially a competitor) that might get the point across.

i've been seeing articles about "quiet quitting" where apparently just doing what is required of your job is quitting. i guess we're just expected to go above and beyond for no additional reward. and just doing your job is quitting.

at one of my earliest "real" jobs i remember a coworker who would get to work at the same time every day. wouldn't answer emails or do work off the clock. he took an hour lunch every day. and at 5 he would close his laptop and leave. whatever was done during work hours was all that was going to get done. the rest of us, mostly younger and recent college grads would get annoyed because we all stayed until at least 5:30-6:00 and generally got in early, answered emails late. did work on weekends and sometimes worked late into the night. i even had a few times when i worked almost all night. now that i've been out of that company for years i now see that he was maintaining a healthy work/life balance. he was prioritizing his family and doing his best to keep the toxic company culture from affecting the rest of his life.

one of the owners of that company was embezzling to the point where the company went under. and no one was rewarded for all of the extra effort. we were constantly told to do work that we would be proud to tell our moms about. like we were 8 year olds. TBH most of the clients were kind of shady and nothing to be proud of. certainly nothing to tell mom about.

i was always told as i got older i would understand that in the "real world" you just have to work hard and you'll be rewarded. and i would just accept the way things are. and giving every task my all even if the compensation is small or unfair was always important. and i would be rewarded in the long run. i always told myself that i was getting good experience and it would pay off at the next job. so long nights and giving myself extra work was really helping me. even if it went largely unnoticed. now i think this is just a scam. at least most jobs. maybe if i were actually helping people i wouldn't feel this way. i'm just helping other people get richer. raises don't even come close to keeping up with inflation.

now i've worked on shifting my mindset to caring about the people I work with and not the "company". i don't care what the U.S. Supreme Court says corporations are not people!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 08:23:06 AM by Beth3346 »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #1498 on: August 17, 2022, 08:48:15 AM »
Tulips: I am sorry this is happening to you, it is truly awful (been through this exact same thing myself 10 years ago), it might be worth waiting to see what your options are and starting to look for a new job.

My sleep schedule is up the spout and it is bothering me a lot :( I have a hospital appointment on Monday at 7.30am and at this rate I will have NO sleep what so ever beforehand.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1499 on: August 17, 2022, 01:02:21 PM »
My eczema is flaring up on my hands. I haven't had any in a while and I think my medicine for it might be expired.

Also there was a letter in my door. Inspections are coming up again. Didn't they just do them? So I need to get myself in gear and do all the things I've been procrastinating about, like putting the bookshelf in the living room and unpacking five boxes of books...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 01:04:52 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal