collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you store Backcards?  (Read 165 times)

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
How do you store Backcards?
« on: April 09, 2023, 07:24:24 PM »
Trying to straighten out my shelves a bit and I have all my backcards just kind of loose tucked away somewhere. I thought about putting them in maybe a nice binder with sheet protectors, but the cards vary in size (I only have 1 G1 card, and it's so much bigger than G3s), so that might not be so practical. :huh: So maybe just a portfolio of sorts? Like just a plain folder? Then what if it gets too full, then it all just spills out again...

I still think heavy duty sheet protectors would be the best bet...? I've been keeping G3 cards as in-tact as possible, but they're more than just cards, it's half a box that's all folded, and that's gonna be awkward to store unless I cut them all up. :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: How do you store Backcards?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 02:17:35 AM »
I don't collect backcards but I love these oversized folders to store stuff in - On Amazon

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: How do you store Backcards?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 07:50:53 AM »
I have a lot of G1 backcards. Most of them are in lever arch files, each in individual wallets. Those that are too big for the wallets are either stacked up in the drawer alongside the folders (ie the boxes collapsed down), or if they still have the bubble, which some of mine do, they're stored inside a MLP Waterfall box (I have both waterfalls, but they both actually fit inside the US box, LOL. I have the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe in one of the UK boxes and the backcards in the other xD).

I also have some cards stored inside boxes. The most difficult ones to store are boxes which still have their inlay intact, and sometimes some accessories. So they're on a shelf in my cupboard as though they had the ponies in them. That's only a handful, though - the two princess boxes, Confetti...maybe the newborn twin boxes.

But boxes are a bit more complicated.

If you're dealing just with cards and no bubbles, a lever arch file with plastic wallets is a good way to keep a lot of them safe. I have mine in sets and roughly year order.

G3 cards are smaller than G1 (which is what my collection is) but some G3 boxes have the side flaps. If your boxes still have those and you don't want to fold them down, then that might be a size issue for the wallets.

Regarding different size cards, I don't find this a problem. G1 surprise newborn cards are tiny compared to your average G1 card, but I still have that one in the folder with all the regular ones and it isn't damaged.

I do have some packaging for my G3 but most of it is in a box in the attic with the ponies. I do remember using some of the bags from pony releases to put packaging in though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal