collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have we had a discussion on the anniversary plushes (BF/G1) yet?  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Have we had a discussion on the anniversary plushes (BF/G1) yet?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2023, 04:22:58 AM »
I ordered all three from a Swedish reseller in the MLP-fandom, they were shipped yesterday so I hope they'll arrive sometime this week. All three were equal in price here. I think they're cute on the pics, not so sure about Fireflys wings though, but shall look further into it when she arrives.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2023, 08:26:13 AM »
I don't collect plushes, but I think these are very well done and very cute. $40/$65 seems a bit out of line for a plush. I can only see collectors paying this price for one. I wouldn't spend that on a toy like this for my kid. But I am more excited to see these than I am any of the other 40th anniversary releases...more collector pose ponies don't interest me... :yawn: :snore:...nor do the celestial ponies really intrigue me that much.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2023, 11:58:39 AM »
I know I just replied yesterday, but I had to update...I'm not sure where everyone is finding these, but I couldn't imagine it could be as bad as all that, so I looked on the website of Five Little Diamonds, a UK-based retailer I follow on Instagram, and she has Firefly on sale right now for $20.53 USD, on sale from $24.15 I believe. I don't know what that translates to in £...I assume that it just converts what I see to USD based on my device's location. It says Moondancer and Glory are 'coming soon', and their price is also listed at $24.15. Just sayin'...if anyone is looking for them at a decent price, it says she has 4 more Fireflys in stock, and it sounds like the other 2 characters are on the way! I might order one myself, if she ships worldwide...I think she does.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2023, 03:21:49 PM »
Hopefully shipping won't be too bad.

It seems like they've hit the UK and European market well before the US one, and I'm wondering about it in a big way because of the tag on my Glory. The cardboard tag has the Boca Raton BF address on the back, and its in French, English and Spanish which would be logical for a north American release as well as Europe, but the address at the bottom is KNEX in Reading, here in the UK. Her fabric tag also says KNEX in Reading and then a KNEX/Basic Fun c/o address in Germany.

(For anyone confused, K'NEX distribute the BF retro ponies here in the UK).

Sooo they may be here first because they're being made/distributed for/by Europe. Or the US ones may come out with totally different tags. And this is why I'm curious...

Probably not likely that the only market for these is in Europe.

I haven't seen any in person in stores anywhere mind you. Only online stores. But they are much cheaper than the US prices being quoted. Glory was a gift so I don't know what Naynie paid for her...but the prices LadyA quotes above seem about right. The exchange rate is still ugly right now - the UK £ price there is £20, but Firefly is £17. However it looks like they're low on stock.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 03:26:14 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2023, 05:05:17 PM »
So, they are yet to come to the US?

I searched them on Amazon and eBay and have only found UK listings. I ordered Glory on Amazon...for a whopping $30 and am still waiting for her to ship. It's been a few weeks. *sigh*

I really want Moondancer as well, but she is something like $67 on Amazon. D: I tried to order one off of eBay for a similar price to Glory (I know... what am I doing with my money...? lol) but it was a UK listing and my debit card wasn't being accepted.

|My Collection|

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2023, 01:08:59 AM »
I paid roughly 27US$ for each of them plus postage here in Sweden. They were a bit smaller than anticipated but very well done. Fireflys wings are a bit weird and the symbols sits very high on their rumps but they are so cute!

They all came in ziplockbags so no packaging destroyed while opening and it is easy to choose if I want them in their package or removed.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2023, 12:54:08 PM »
Why are they so expensive? That's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:46:08 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2023, 10:32:06 AM »
Just a heads up for UK people that right now the plushes are £14.99 on Amazon.

They're also being poorly reviewed because of the packaging situation.

True, it matters that they're not packaged as advertised, but it bothers me seeing the ratings down at 2.5 over something that would not affect a kid's enjoyment of the toy :/ The toy quality is imo very good :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2023, 02:51:12 AM »
The box might not be that important. But you count on it to have a brush with it at least.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2023, 08:10:51 AM »
The box might not be that important. But you count on it to have a brush with it at least.

Yes...I'm not saying that it's not poor advertising. BUT. Most of the reviews are focusing on this point, rather than the toy quality. If the toys were in really bad shape, I'd not be bothered, but the quickest way to convince a distributer that this one isn't worth a repeat is if all the reviews are bad.

I just feel like more proportionate reviews for what the item is would make more sense. I have no idea whether anyone here has left a review, and so am not pointing any fingers. I just think it's a shame when collectors overshadow a toy which I know would be a big hit with kids.

It's not like Hasbro never advertised something MLP that didn't happen in reality, or which changed dramatically from the promotional material.

On that same topic, these are not yet found in the US?? I am still thinking there's a chance of them being released in box over there, and the bag thing is to do with reducing shipping costs/import in Europe.

Has anyone asked Basic Fun? I took a look on their website, and this is all they had relating to the plushies...
https://basicfun.com/product/my-little-pony-classic-plush/
I did notice there was no mention of a branded hoof, no mention of a brush, no mention of a box - none of these in the photo shown, which are clearly the same plushes being sold in Europe already. So perhaps the bag is universal :/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 09:24:05 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2023, 09:21:39 AM »
I haven't seen hide nor hair of these listed anywhere domestically.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2023, 10:09:56 AM »
Are they not coming to stores or the states?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2023, 10:19:16 AM »

Has anyone asked Basic Fun? I took a look on their website, and this is all they had relating to the plushies...
I did notice there was no mention of a branded hoof, no mention of a brush, no mention of a box - none of these in the photo shown, which are clearly the same plushes being sold in Europe already. So perhaps the bag is universal :/

The picture of Moondancer shows the 40th anniversary logo on the hooves.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2023, 10:20:47 AM »

The picture of Moondancer shows the 40th anniversary logo on the hooves.

Ah, you're right, I missed that. I didn't go through all of the images :)

I still don't think it's a massive deal worth tanking the toy over, but I do think someone should find out the official account from BF. I don't have the social media options they use except FB, where they don't tend to reply, but it would be interesting to know if the US release is going to be different.

It does say 'Coming Soon' and 2023 is only a few months old so I wouldn't panic yet, LAW :)

According to Glory's label they're assortment 35330. Glory is 35333.

I did notice as an aside that the collector ponies in 40th anniversary boxes are also now up on Amazon uk with April ship dates. Can't decide whether I want to go after one for the box...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 10:26:06 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2023, 12:21:41 PM »
The collector ponies are out now here - I saw them today at a comic shop (sadly couldn't buy CC because they weren't in the system yet) - Toys R Us' UK website has them too.

It's a shame people are leaving bad reviews over a silly box. :/ Reminds me of how a series I like finally got the last few seasons released on DVD after a few years' delay - people started trashing it on Amazon because "waaahhh no Blu-Ray"... oblivious to the fact that the manufacturers would probably see the bad reviews and go "Wow, this series tanked, we'd better not release it ever again" rather than put it out in more formats. =___= I get that people are disappointed but I wish they'd think more about how bad reviews come off to the average person + distributors etc, and how it's more likely to result in the line tanking than anything. I mean... it's just a box. I get it, but, still.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal