collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Rainbow Power" G4 Brushables: Pony NOT Match Box Art?  (Read 869 times)

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
"Rainbow Power" G4 Brushables: Pony NOT Match Box Art?
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
I was at the TRU the other day, looking for anything new & fun. (Also all mlp is bogo 50%)
I saw the supposed "Rainbow Power" individual carded G4 brushables, & I was like 'oh yay' because I liked the look of Rainbow Power Stylin' Rarity w/her extra symbols and different hair. But then...

The individual card brushable pony just had some tinsel in her hair?
Is my TRU just having a defect batch of these?

Aren't they SUPPOSED to look like the art on the box?
Like Dash with rainbows & dots on her wings and stuff, how they're pictured on the back card? Why would they let out ponies who look more boring than what's pictured on the box? why would you do art if you were never going to make that pony? The Equestria Girls rainbow powers match their own box art with the extra symbols & rainbow acc's and stuff, don't they?

I would of bought a couple of these if they had the extra symbols & art on them like they showed in the picture...but really, the 283097523rd Pinkie Pie but just now she has a strip of gold tinsel while they tease you with this festive art of a pony you can't buy?

I am just hoping the ones I saw were mutant boring ones & someone can set me right on this issue...it's just too weird.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: "Rainbow Power" G4 Brushables: Pony NOT Match Box Art?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »
Nope, not an error. They're all like that. It would have been so much more fun if they looked like the box art!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 04:04:37 PM »
Yeah...unfortunately the ponies look absolutely nothing like the box art. It's such a disappointment that Hasbro came up with something unique and different, something which would have encouraged people to buy yet more versions of the same old ponies and then they dont make an effort to bring it to the toys themselves.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 04:09:50 PM »
Rainbow Power is a whole line with many different toys in it, and in practically every case other than the playful ponies, there are various strange markings on the ponies to supplement their peculiar hair colors. So it's not that they made art that they never made ponies for.

(The above is in no way a defense of the RP playful pony releases, which are terrible, but merely a clarification of where the designs come from and why they exist.)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 04:17:54 PM »
*blorg* I saw these and made a noise something along those lines and my face went a peculiar shade of Mimic green. I just can't take them cramming more mane 6 down our throats, even if they ARE coated in tinsel and Woodstock-esque happy joy love paint.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
I'm super disappointed in the brushables. Not only because it's more mane 6, but the box art is so cool and the ponies themselves are just so blergh. I don't like tinsel and I like it less when it's all bunched up like that.

I would be all over this line if they kicked out a few new characters with the rainbow design. Heck even the mane 6 with rainbow designs would be better. (And Hasbro bring back Fluttershy's old eyes, she looks terrified with the new ones.)

Duster reference]

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
As others have said, the single brushables don't have the extra body markings. Off the top of my head, I think every other pony in the line has at least a little decoration save for Zoom n Go Rainbow Dash. Even the blind bags have body symbols, and they usually cut as many corners as possible with mold reusage! Really disappointed with the cheaping out on brushables, they already took away animal friends with their saddles/wagons, reduced plastic and hair quality, seemingly stepped down QC with all the errors coming through, cut back packaging costs, can't be bothered giving us one new character... Then they can't even give us a proper gimmick for the rereleases. :huh:

Offline starflyer425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 10:34:32 PM »
kinda reminds me of the fist time i picked up the crystal motion rainbow dash and fluttershy... i looked on the back of the bock and the wings had a super cool gradient in the picture! but the real toy just had caked on glitter. plus, both of the pictures had the old eye style for fluttershy and RD. weird.  :huh:

Avatar credit to BotchanMLP on DeviantArt, and the Starflyer equestria girl is by LordBlumiere here on the arena!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 10:54:46 PM »
That is disappointing. I would have picked up a Rarity if she looked like the box art. :( 
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 10:57:45 PM »
its like on  RP Fluttershys   card and on her box for the FS   pony. it has that  cool hairdo.. but   shes  a disapointment..  its sad when teh box  art looks cooler then the pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal