collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Would Child You Think Of Your Current Collection?  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: What Would Child You Think Of Your Current Collection?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »
Child me would be like "Um... What? My Little Pony? What is that?" I likely wouldn't reject them, but just be a bit confused, as the first exposure to MLP I can remember was actually when I was a teenager. Now, if my teenage self were to see that I grew up to collect MLPs she would be super shocked. Not because of any negative perceptions, but just because I wasn't in the least bit into collecting toys or anything like that. I'd wonder what in the world sparked my interest in the franchise and would probably assume it somehow had something to do with the moderator of another forum I was a part of who had a G3 MLP as her username.

Nevertheless, I would have so much more important things to tell my childhood self.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2017, 10:23:21 AM »
When my nephew was very young, his reaction was to look around and go, "Too much, Aunt Shan." 

Letting my niece into the room is like giving her an immediate sugar high. 

I imagine my child self would be somewhere in the middle.

:lol: That's cute!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2017, 04:31:17 PM »
Child me would probably find Whizzer and explain to her how she is still my prettiest girl....I was always concerned about my toys getting jealous of one another.  Whizzer was truly my favorite though.

Honestly, I would just love it.  I've managed to obtain every childhood pony and playset I ever had as a kid.  They brought me so much joy.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2017, 06:19:54 PM »
Child me would pass out with joy HAHA!

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 04:19:02 AM »
Tiny Storybelle would be half estactic with all of the beautiful G3s I have now and half ready to kick me. 'You mean, you got rid of all our G1s at 9 only to collect ponies again at 18? You muppet.'

She'd give me such a bitch face and then I could distract her with Star Catcher.   :biggrin:

I died laughing at tiny you calling yourself a muppet before being distracted! :haha:

I'm easily distracted.  :biggrin: I'd just have to deal with the insults first. I had a baby Liquorice when I was young so if tiny-me found out how expensive Liquorice is now, she'd kick me in the shins!

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 10:32:12 PM »
As a kid?
I would have thought it was stupid and gross and would have definitely not been interested in them.

I was a major tomboy as a kid. I only had toys with teeth really. Had brothers and liked to play in dirt and would never wear pink.
Age 15 I emerged from my tomboy phase and simultaneously discovered MLP, the cutest and most girly thing imaginable.

I just turned 30 this year, so 15 years of obsession from my teenage years and up. :p
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2017, 01:37:27 AM »
Kid me would be absolutely horrified! I liked realistic horse toys (like Breyers and similar knockoffs) but I never liked (or even knew about?) MLP. All the dolls and pastels and pink would just make it even worse. Kid me would be disgusted if she found out my favorite pony is Sudnance - too girly and pink.

I'd probably be forgiven once Kid me found my American Girl stuff though.

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2017, 04:33:10 AM »
I don't know wich pony-lover little girl woudn't like my/any collection, so child me would be in heaven. I guess... :blush:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2017, 05:41:06 AM »
Little me would wonder where the heck I went "wrong" for sure. I hated "girl" toys, pink, brushables, and especially horses/ponies in general(My distant relative used to REALLY try to force horse toys and glittery rainbow things on me, I think that had something to do with it.)

Depending on how young we're talking, child me would probably say that I needed to ditch MLP and dolls immediately to acquire more Digimon stuff and video games instead(Of course, not understanding that I can have all those things in my adult life at once. :lol:)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 05:43:11 AM by Noxxbunny »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »
My child self would see my collections and be both totally impressed and overcome with the desire to play with them- just like the kids who come to visit  :biggrin:

Thank goodness for the locked cabinets sometimes  (don't worry, they have play ponies)

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2017, 04:29:16 AM »
Childhood me would be totally overwhelmed. My ponies are stored in cardboard boxes, in single bags with desiccant bags tossed into each of them. One cardboard box contains up to 30 ponies I guess. Childhood me would be overwhelmed by unpacking just a single one of these boxes at once, but there are almost 30 of them. No way...  :dizzy: :ack:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal