collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What was the first music you bought?  (Read 6695 times)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
Re: What was the first music you bought?
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2017, 04:27:41 PM »
My first CD I bought was a John Denver one; to go with my JD vinyl collection. I'd been gifted my mom's collection. So heavy on JD,CCR,Alabama.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »
If that Wet Wet Wet song is the one I *think* it is, that definitely brings back a memory. My Dad heard a song by them, rushed out to buy the tape, and that was the only song on it that he liked. One of the pluses of modern music distribution for sure--I can try albums before I buy them.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »
It was around 1992 and it was a tape from Record Town. I think it was Nitty Gritty Dirt Band or an Alabama tape. I like my classic country, although it wasnt really classic back then. I used money from my baby sitting jobs to buy new tapes every 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:54:00 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2017, 05:59:32 PM »
If I remember correctly, the first CD I ever bought with my own money was Muse's Origin of Symmetry. I don't really like Muse anymore, especially with the new direction they took right around The Resistance, but I still have a soft spot for that album.

I thiiiink the first CDs I got with my own money were a couple Evanescence albums (Fallen and The Open Door)... if there was something before those I can't remember. ^^;

Oh man, Fallen was the first album I ever received as a present. I think I was...about 11? Just entering middle school, with all the angst that entails. Thinking about how much I loved those songs embarrasses me a little now.

"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2017, 06:06:14 PM »
A Paula Abdul, Forever Your Girl casette tape. I listened to that thing for over a decade and made my own dance routines to half the songs that were on it.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2017, 10:38:06 PM »
A Paula Abdul, Forever Your Girl casette tape. I listened to that thing for over a decade and made my own dance routines to half the songs that were on it.

Oh, I was definitely a Paula Abdul fan for awhile.  Had both Forever Your Girl and Spellbound on cassette tape, but I got them both as gifts.  Own them on cd now.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2017, 01:54:44 AM »

Oh, I was definitely a Paula Abdul fan for awhile.  Had both Forever Your Girl and Spellbound on cassette tape, but I got them both as gifts.  Own them on cd now.  :)

I don't know what it was about her, but I loved her when I was younger! I still know the words to those songs, and they're definitely favourites of mine when we go to karaoke with friends. Especially Opposites Attract! I loved the music video for that one. :)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »
Hmmm I think it was Billy Joel's Greatest Hits on cassette (first "Adult" cassette). I had disney soundtracks and other cassettes prior but that was my first "real" music... And yes... while everyone got boy band music I got Billy Joel XD
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal