collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guardians of Harmony toys  (Read 20095 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Re: Guardians of Harmony toys
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2017, 04:36:03 PM »
my walmart finally got a Gaurdian of Harmony toy set in. made my sister laugh, cause I was all 'we finally get a GoH toy and its Cheese Sandwhich UGH.'.....my walmart still has the baggies, the applefamily blind bag sets, we never even got the nightmare night stuff, and only new stuff is maybe a random pearly now and then and the crystal palace thing with flurry farts
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2017, 07:20:59 PM »
my walmart finally got a Gaurdian of Harmony toy set in. made my sister laugh, cause I was all 'we finally get a GoH toy and its Cheese Sandwhich UGH.'.....my walmart still has the baggies, the applefamily blind bag sets, we never even got the nightmare night stuff, and only new stuff is maybe a random pearly now and then and the crystal palace thing with flurry farts
Our Walmart finally got the posable GoH.. Shining Armor, Pinkie, Rainbow, and a Shadow Bolt... one of each.. I bought Shining Armor and well.. I had both good and eh to say about him XD

The knee joints on mine are really tight, and I just found out via watching another video you can pull his tail out and put it back in without damage lol. His Spear does not chip on really because the way they molded him and his shield doesn't really like the stay on =/
You kind of can get him to stand in a rearing pose but it's kind of awkward XD

I'd get another one on said JUST to experiment XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2017, 05:45:55 PM »
I saw the smaller ones today for the first time at Walmart! I had no idea they were this cute :D Mine had Shining Armor, Shadowbolt Dash, regular Rainbow with Tank, and Pinkie. Igot Shining Armor as well, and he's adorable and awesome, although I have the same complaints sd_dreamcrystal mentioned...but thus is the first G4 I've bought in years, I had no idea I would like this as much as I do. It's just fun to play with, haha. It's a little armored knight pony!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2017, 10:04:43 AM »
I don't really like the Funko toys.  They may be show accurate but there is just something blah about them.  Partly due to the lifeless "I'm staring straight ahead at nothing" pose.

The ones I've had in real life have had terrible paint and scratches / rough spots on their bodies.

I like the shapes of their sculpts- but it is annoying that they all have the same pose and stare straight ahead. And yes, the QC issues can be numerous on the big ponies.

But if they had gone with that sculpt and then made them more dynamic and smaller-  that would be ideal to me!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2017, 03:38:28 PM »
I am not buying any of these. I don't mean toys should be separated for girls or boys, but I feel like MLP has diverted far from what it originally was. These feel like action figures.

Nope. I'm starting to go back to G1 more and more moneywise.

Also, I feel like these are to cash in on the brony fandom and not collectors of what they originally loved. No offense to anyone, this is just how I personally feel.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2017, 04:04:28 AM »
They ARE action figures, Dazzlekitty.

I disagree about them being for bronies, I think they are for 8 year old boys, at last!  Thanks Hasbro.

Have you seen the new brushables and sets?  Fashion runway and sleepover themes etc, and no spears or artillery.

So...do you want to buy back any of your G1s now?  haha

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
I personally love that they are action figures. I didn't expect to love them, but Shining Armor turned out to be so much fun. It's a very different kind of enjoyment from regular MLP. G4 has felt stagnant for me since 2012, so this is like a huge breath of fresh air. I'm thinking of getting the Rainbow and Tank next, and I hope they do an Applejack somewhere down the line.

I'm neither a brony or an 8 year old boy and G1s still outnumber every other gen in my herd, so I hope my Pony card is still intact :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:14:27 AM by Jocelyn »

lostpony

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »
There's a funny video making fun of bronies where one brings home Pinky and Twilight and they are talking about how they are going to be loved by a little girl and have their hair combed etc, and when they find out they've been brought home by a brony, Pinky says in a severe tone:  "We are meant for 8 year old girls.  What does he want with us?"  I'd put a link but the video gets mean after that, but the beginning is great.

That's what I was referring to with the boy-focus on the action figures....of course, all ponies are also for everyone including me but first and foremost I think GoH are intended to include boys and of course girls who like a less foofy play theme.  With all the fighting in G4 (and G1) it's really great to have fighting ponies and even just for flying poses etc...all the fighting gear comes off so they can do anything you want them to.  That they can barely stand up in rearing poses shows they are meant to be played with first, and posed by collectors second.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »
I don't think they're boy-focused, although obviously Hasbro wants to attract boys as well as girls to the brand.

They are action-oriented, certainly.  Which a lot of girls are into.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2017, 11:51:53 AM »
I think they saw how popular the DC Super Hero Girls are and wanted a piece of that market but didn't want to have to beg Disney to let them develop a Marvel version. And of all the "girl targeted" IPs Hasbro owns MLP actually has an action element so it makes sense. And hey if it makes little boys less embarrassed to enjoy MLP that's a bonus.

Anyways the Brony market has kinda died down a bit so it wouldn't make sense to market towards them.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

lostpony

« Reply #130 on: January 19, 2017, 12:12:44 PM »
Action is for boys and girls get to play too (barely)...according to norms, not according to me or my mom....but foofy stuff is for girls and boys that play too get teased. 

I'm all for girls and boys having full access to all the same toys and this line is a huge step in making ponies for boys and girls both.

I much approve, Hasbro.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2017, 12:19:59 PM »
I think I put my foot in my mouth. Sorry. :(

I just had a bad experience with bronies once and I guess I kinda get a little ribbed when I think someone caters to them. I was on a Facebook group and we got into a discussion and I showed a pic of my collection and they called me a loser and looking at my profile pic (I'm a bigger person) they asked me "Shouldn't you be at a buffet or something?"

I guess I am pidgeon-holing where I shouldnt be.

Yeah, I kind of have a chip on my shoulder that shouldn't likely be there. Sorry. :/

I'm kind of a hypocrite anyways. I was tempted to pick up the Queen Chrysalis one when I saw her in TRU but put her back because I felt I shouldn't.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:24:19 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

lostpony

« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2017, 01:44:46 PM »
I am the king of putting feet in mouth, don't even try to compete with me!  It's Ok I'm sure no one got the wrong idea....we know you never mean anything bad.

That's the sort of experience that makes me bristle when people try and assign me that label.  I am me, not any label.  Except for "trekkie".  I like that label.  Anything else I disregard.

You know there is a grander version of the Queen in this line right?  More like the Princesses than the action figures.  You might like it better than the jointed one.  Last I checked she was pretty reduced in price on Amazon.

lostpony

« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2017, 12:57:20 AM »
Twilight's teeth are sometimes painted.

I saw her with her teeth painted at Target:

The one at Walmart, still no paint on the teeth.  She does look better with white teeth.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2017, 09:24:16 AM »
They ARE action figures, Dazzlekitty.

I disagree about them being for bronies, I think they are for 8 year old boys, at last!  Thanks Hasbro.

Have you seen the new brushables and sets?  Fashion runway and sleepover themes etc, and no spears or artillery.

So...do you want to buy back any of your G1s now?  haha

I have certainly seen little boys all over the GOH Spike figure. The big adult dragon one. More than once.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal