collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2024 mn pony meet  (Read 1623 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
2024 mn pony meet
« on: June 30, 2024, 10:01:32 PM »
Hi all!!
 Ill be hosting the local mn pony meet this year. Ready for posting, will update as needed

Welcome to the planning and details page of the 2024 summer meet of Minnesota.

Where: Location is in Coon Rapids, MN. Address will be sent on an individual basis through Facebook messenger- not shared in the arena please.

When: Aug 31.

Cost: No cash fee, but there will be sales and trades available. Please bring a food item to share(sign up below), and a gift under 5$ to play the dice game

Activities: Coloring contest, Custom contest, Trivia and games (see below), presentations, pictures, raffle, buy and sell collectables, and potluck

Host Pony: Baby Blossom (bring your pony- customs, nirvanas etc for a group shot.)

Need before the meet: I’m working on making a small pony coloring book and want to know what everyone’s favorite pony is, so they can be included. (Need this by Aug 1st)
 Also want to make name tags or something fun as a take home (still working out details)

Location details.
-The garage will be set up to allow everyone to sell, trade and buy pony and other items. (I personally don’t care if the items you’re selling are not pony or even 80’s related, but please keep to fandom based stuff.)
-I have 3 6ft tables to use for selling. If you have a lot to bring (fill up a whole table etc.) please considering additional tables.
-There will be a small porch to house and serve the food. Access to the upper floor will be limited to emergency only please.
-There will be a few games and areas to relax in the backyard, and games and such on the lower patio. (In the event of rain the events will be moved to the garage after sales time. The tables will have to be moved.
-There is a bathroom in the basement, but please keep entry to the basement for that purpose or during “pony tours”.
-Our dog will be with friends, but to respect her space and because of my allergies, I ask that pets and animals be left at home. ( I am defthly allergic to any animal with fur)

Directory
Post 1- details
Post 2- questions and answers about the location, meet, etc
Post 3- planned activities and signups (for food and such)
Post 4- What I’m planning to bring and my wishlist (please feel free to share your own.)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 11:49:28 PM by rosierjay »

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 mn pony meet
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2024, 02:35:54 PM »
Questions and answers

What is the bathroom situation?

Answer- The bathroom is in the basement. So the garage and patio are on ground level. And there is a shallow stepped stairway to the yard and then to the basement. I was thinking we'd set up tables in the garage, have the patio and a porch ( 2 steps up to) for food, drink etc, and i have a second patio outside the basement door i was going to set up for the dice game and raffle. Etc. Since i only own half the house ive been asked to keep entry to the main floor to emergency only, so I'm doing my best to respect their wishes. There are power outlets in the garage, patio and porch. If we need power on the lower patio i can get an extension cord.

So the bathroom is down 3 steps? Or 15?

Answer- The steps are shallow and long so accessible with a walker, but not a wheel chair.
( i will add a screenshot of the backyard if needed)
The bathroom doesn't have any handicap help either, but is a taller toilet.

What about pets? Can I bring my dog?

Answer- great question. Im sorry, but I am asking everyone to leave their animals at home,
As i have very severe allergies to any creature with fur.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 05:18:09 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2024, 03:15:17 AM »
Question: What about pets? Can I bring my dog?
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 10:25:59 PM »
Post3
Activities!

Coloring contest: Image will be provided, along with crayons/colored pencils/markers. All ages can participate; if there's enough people, we'll break it into age groups! Once you're done coloring your piece, add it to the group for people to vote on their favorite before voting time is called! Do not have your name on the front of your colored piece, so voting can remain by coloring merit alone.

Custom contest: Floral theme! Finished customs will be added to a table during the meet for attendees to vote on their favorite before a set time.

Trivia contest: Test your pony knowledge! Might also have questions about other 80's toy lines, though (ye be warned!).

Games:
The Dice Game! Ages 5+
 It's a staple for the MN meets, and is a fun event! Anyone who wants to participate brings a wrapped gift in the $5-10 range. Pony items are ideal, but not required. This can be items from pins to accessories, bait ponies, chocolates, plushies, and everything in between! No actual trash, please (don't be that person! It hasn't happened yet, and we'd rather it not). It's always fun seeing a big pile of wrapped presents in the middle of the table! :D

Game is done in three stages: 1) roll the three 6-sided dice into a pan. On doubles, grab a present from the pile. This goes until there are no more presents on the table. 2) Stealing! Roll the dice again; get doubles, you can steal a wrapped present from another player! This round is timed, and after this round is over, the presents are unwrapped and presented so others can see what you've gotten. This leads directly to round 3) Stealing rounf #2! Once again, roll the dice and you can steal a present from another player when you roll doubles! Only this time, you know what it is you're grabbing! This round is also timed, and once it's over, so is the game!

Basic rules: Wait your turn. No trash talking that won't be recognized as teasing (know your audience!). No shoving--we're all friend here. No grabbing a present without rolling doubles. Rolling triples also counts as rolling doubles. Try not to dawdle; this game usually is later in the day to allow for latecomers to arrive, and so people can scope out the table and see what they'd like to try for.

Bean bag toss: Exactly what it sounds like! For 2 players

Raffle: If you would like to donate an item to the raffle table, feel free to bring something you think another person would like to have! Raffle tickets are purchased by anyone who would like to attend, and the money normally goes to the host to help defray costs of hosting. Tickets are normally $1 each. Hang on to your half of the ticket, so you know what your numbers are. This is normally the last "official" even of the meet.

Presentations: none so far

Buy and Selling Ponies: Do you have ponies to sell? Are there ponies on your want list? You could do both at the meet! Alas, these meets are normally BYOT--Bring Your Own Table. We'll post more information as it becomes available!
Feel free to make a list here of what you're bring or looking for to help others prepare, or keep it a surprise.

Food:
Food is potluck! Please let us know what food item (or items) you would like to bring with to contribute when you let us know you're planning to attend! You can let us know here on the Arena, or via the MNMLP FB group/chat!

Rosierjay- beverages,  cracker/chips and sloppy joes with buns
Aurora- baked potato bar

Hope to see you there!
Bulk of this was borrowed from last years meet. Thank you

Who's Going!

Rosierjay
« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 06:07:18 PM by rosierjay »

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2024, 10:32:51 PM »
Post 4
Bringing to sell:

Interested in possibly buying:
- baby cherries jubilee
- hqcg1 baby melody
-baby quackers, and tic tac toe( have a potential seller)
-specific lego minifigures
- dog stars( missing a few famous dog figures) pup cake, rainbow dog, benji, are a few examples
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 11:48:13 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 09:30:18 PM »
Keeping an eye on this >:3c
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2024, 08:27:26 PM »
Okay! I'm hoping to be there, but I have class from 9-12:20, so I might not make it until 1pm. I could maybe bring a dessert with me, like cake or cupcakes? Probably won't bring any ponies to sell though, since my class is in-person, and I don't know how much surveillance the parking lot is under.
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2024, 03:20:53 AM »
What are dog stars?

So the whole coloring contest is at the meet? Which is awesome, I just need to be sure I don't need to print something beforehand.

I probably won't make a custom, but I might have time to make a Pony Craft in the theme requested. (Flowers? Baby Blossom?) Can we expand that category? There usually aren't a lot of craft entries, but I will want to show off whatever it is!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2024, 10:58:52 PM »
What are dog stars?

So the whole coloring contest is at the meet? Which is awesome, I just need to be sure I don't need to print something beforehand.

I probably won't make a custom, but I might have time to make a Pony Craft in the theme requested. (Flowers? Baby Blossom?) Can we expand that category? There usually aren't a lot of craft entries, but I will want to show off whatever it is!
dog stars are the dog costars of famous characters,  for example pupcake from strawberry shortcake, and more. I love the dog sidekicks.

I will have the coloring sheet available at the meet and online, in case peoplecan make it earlier or want to use other materials.

I will try to get on a computer to clarify,  but yes flowers or baby blossom. I can't wait to see what you make!!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2024, 12:42:06 PM »
I'm coming...i haven't decided on food item yet

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2024, 03:18:41 AM »
Hey there! Sorry I haven't been chatty here, but I'll be there! As far as I know, it is just Aurora, not any of my little brood.

I think I'm bringing a baked potato bar- potatoes, sour cream, butter, cheese, bacon (or at least bits of it)... whatever else jumps into my shopping cart.

I want to eat caramel bars, so I'll probably bring those, too.

I'll have lots of dice game gifts, and hopefully I'll have a nifty craft to show off. I might ask for a little help pricing it, since there doesn't seem to be anything else like it online. It always excites and frustrates me when I can't find something online that I think sounds cool. How could it be possible that I invented something????  There's a whole world of crafty folk out there!

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2024, 04:24:28 PM »
Yayyy potato bar delicious...any requests...food wise

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2024, 07:05:34 PM »
Yayyy potato bar delicious...any requests...food wise
I haven't heard anyone mention fruit, veggies, cheese etc.
Desserts were mentions a few weeks ago, but not sure where that stands either.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2024, 06:08:01 PM »
Let me know if you are planning to come and we will get you added to the pony messenger

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal