collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 111221 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1725 on: July 04, 2024, 10:46:37 AM »
@PBW, did I ask you what black bag day is?

Today our friend came over to visit us at home. We went out for lunch but the manager was horrible to us because he didn't like the baby wandering about the restaurant. But other than that we had a nice time chatting and looking around the garden.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 05, 2024, 11:16:04 AM »
Bad manager!!!

Support worker had an emergency so I didn't get to see her. Still made it to town, picked up sleeping bag, got some fun bits & a couple of helpful bits, including a pair of trousers, ate at a cafe, then home. Dropped off the stuff, then went to vote & hit the outdoor gym. I do see others use it but I'm mostly lucky in that regard.
Today was black bag day. As it is the last day, we give folks who come in a binbag (they're usually black) for a charge (today it was £3), then the customers go round every table & pick out what they want until the bag is full. I went early as I have things I use the day to get. I got a few DVDs, some books, a couple of useful bric-a-brac items, some socks, & a load of tshirts & some sweaters, among other bits.
After we closed to customers came the real work: packing away what was left. We put a small amount of toys to our noisy coffee for the children, some baby & child's clothes for Homestart, & somebody comes to pick up whatever books & DVDs interest him. Then everything else goes to a charity shop we're friends with. All the clothes & stuff get bagged up & boxed up, the hangers get stashed away, & the tables get folded down & stashed, except the ones we need for Sunday. It's a lot of work, & we have to move all the bags & boxes into an organised pile in a back room. As I'm nice & big, I can move a lot of stuff, including big tables. I noticed a type of clothing nobody was working through & did that for a good bit.
It was done very quickly, considering, as each of us did our own bit, then pitched together at the end.
After dropping off the stuff I bought & picking up the post, I went to the outdoor gym for today's session. Tomorrow is my day off, & I don't intend on leaving the house. I've also knitted & used some stuff I bought to help with chores & organising my kitchen.
I love chilling out with some knitting & some Youtube!!! The knitting is progressing well.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1727 on: July 07, 2024, 10:25:38 AM »
That's really great PBW, it sounds like hard work but satisfying, as though you're doing some good work. I've not found much at local sales for a while but then I don't put the time in any more. Plus, being a larger size since the baby doesn't help.

Toay was spent with baby and OH. We got up early and went for a walk, did a bit in the garden. Nice and slow day.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 07, 2024, 03:39:32 PM »
So hot.  I had to get out all the fans and try to make a cross-breeze in the house because husband and child are so whiny about it LOL 

Meanwhile I am sewing a nice warm and toasty rag rug for the floor when it gets to be winter!  XD
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+70)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1729 on: July 07, 2024, 04:25:58 PM »
I spent last week in bed mostly. Lots of things to catch up with. Dishes. Cat litter. Trash. Had to water the plants and feed the shrimp.

Discovered ants in the living room. I can't see them on the carpet but they were on Aster's bowl. I stopped feeding her wet food in the kitchen a while ago, because of the ants.

I still need to take pics of stuff I want to sell.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 09, 2024, 06:20:30 AM »
Artie sounds like a good, relaxing day!!!
Squirmy yep it has been quite warm here too xxx
BC those pesky ants!!! They must be coming from somewhere!!! And I feel you on needing the rest xxx

Saturday I showered & did a load of laundry. Knitted some as well & put up more shelves.
Sunday I slept in so missed Sunday morning, but still managed outdoor gym. Knitted a load & got the card out.
Monday it was all I could do to get the card bin back in & pick up the post, aside from that I was 99% napping, the rest eating a bit, knitting a bit, & chilling with Youtube.
Today however I made it to coffee morning, & heard our thrift week raised over £2000!!!  :accomplished: :frolic:
Then did the outdoor gym, then the Co-op for quick messages.
Now catching up on knitting & sorting the post out
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 06:22:15 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1731 on: July 10, 2024, 03:02:22 AM »
PBW, I love how motivated you are it's quite inspiring! Particularly the outdoor gym and the fundraising! Also reminds me a bit of me of me before I had a family. Today Granny is here and we're about to go out for a walk. Then I have some fairly odious admin to do, but at least Granny is here so I can get on with it without feeling guilty about the baby.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 12, 2024, 08:03:35 AM »
Motivated, me???
 :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Didn't feel like that on Wednesday. It was raining & I woke late & by the time I realised I hadn't been out at all it was too late!!!
I had a few little things on Thursday & they got a bit messed up. First, I had to be up as the charity shop van was coming & hands were needed to load up. I was a bit late as the person I'd given my number to called rather than texting, but somehow I still managed to show up about halfway through the loading.
Then my support worker was due a visit. She's decided to cut back as I'm "managing" aye right!!! Normal 50yos have jobs & families & still manage to do a load of stuff. I get tired from sitting around most of the day!!! Perils of being not normal I suppose...
Finally I managed to go out for going out's sake. There was meant to be coffee at a different venue than normal, with maybe bingo. Turns out it's mainly bingo, with hardly any coffee & no food. Gave up on that, hit the outdoor gym because at least nice weather, & bought a stuffed crust cheese pizza from the Co-op as I've never had one before. It was good, & big enough to only need half of it.
Today I woke late, despite wanting to go out to a town... Just so tired really...

Glad your relative is there so you can enjoy & have her help with the baby xxx

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1733 on: July 12, 2024, 03:31:38 PM »
I woke up with the right side of my neck and head very tense and in pain. It turned into a migraine that lasted almost all day. I'm still a touch nauseous.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 14, 2024, 05:05:49 AM »
Still arguing with myself over wake & sleep times. I see another crashout looming!!!
Anyway, there was a coffee morning on Saturday, different to the usual one but still some of the same people, & it was actually fun, with plenty of food too!!! I put in a good bit of money to get in & ate enough & drank enough to make that worth it!!! There were also a few stalls & I didn't do well at one, but there were assorted bits & bobs for sale at the other, for assorted budgets. I'd only brought a little so I got a few cheaper items.
Later I went to the outdoor gym. I finished off the day with more knitting.
Today I made it to church, & got some fruit to take home after!!! I heard there the Saturday had raised over £18,000!!!
Later I'll hit the outdoor gym while taking the glass out, then when I get back it's the plastic bin which needs out...

Oh BC xxx  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 14, 2024, 11:54:52 AM »
I am waiting till evening, then I will be out to pick some ripe blackberries.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1736 on: July 15, 2024, 07:24:38 AM »
I don't think we have any blackberries here yet, but I have seen some mirabelle plums. I love going out to look for fruit in the late summer. Today we went to a monthly play group for toddlers where they have a lot going on, probably since it's less often they make a lot of efffort. It's run by a couple of local Mums and Dads. I found it all a bit full on for me but the baby loved it once she had settled down, right up until she had a balloon burst in her face. After howling hysterically for a minute or two she calmed down, but although I heard the balloon I didn't realise that she was the 'victim' for a while and carried on talking to someone. Luckily a pair of other kind ladies were consoling her. I must admit I struggle with these type of events, possibly due to the number of people, the noise, lots of rugrats to potentially trip over... I did meet some nice people of course and it's always worth it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2024, 07:27:08 AM by Artemesia's Garden »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1737 on: July 15, 2024, 12:11:47 PM »
Feeling so lazy today. Just want to stay in bed :zzz:

I might buzz my head later. I've been meaning to do it for a while.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 17, 2024, 12:29:47 PM »
Finally got my invitation to Archive of Our Own and found out that the writer that I usually read their stories had to make it "members only" because they found out someone or  some kind of bot was copying their work from Archive of Own and reposting it on another site without their knowledge or permission. 

I probably wont post any of my own writings though.  I've tried to write fanfiction before, but I always lose it and it doesn't seem very good to me.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1739 on: July 19, 2024, 07:51:35 AM »
I went for a swim this morning at a local pool. Another lady was there are we chatted and she held the baby for a bit. It was really nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal