collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What ponies would you love if not for one thing?  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: What ponies would you love if not for one thing?
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2017, 11:45:56 AM »
Usually the pose ruins it for me. I adore Pillow Talk's design for instance, but that lousy pose... Just imagine her in the Sundance pose! And Tappy... Couldn't they have picked ANY other pose for her? Her symbol is adorable, but with that colour in combination with that pose, she looks like a little pig. :cry:

Also, I love the flutter ponies and I collect them nonetheless, but their faces remind me of that green guy from Bassie & Adriaan and the crying professor, Dutch people probably know what I'm talking about. I thought it was a stupid episode and I don't want my ponies to remind me of it. XD

And Baby Brightbow. I adore that set and she's in my favorourite baby pose, but that body colour, ugh? Why not light pink to match the others in the set better? I have her and I try to love her so hard, but she's just not pretty. :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2017, 01:02:13 PM »
Oh, I just thought of some more. The Family Friends and Family Babies ponies are cute in general (I hate that set name, though :P too wordy) but I wish their symbols were a bit more... connected to each other? I dunno how to word it. I like that they don't necessarily have the *same* symbols, but at the same time I wish there was a bit more of a theme to them? Mummy Berrytown particularly bothers me.. Daddy's symbol is a car and baby's is a bike so you'd expect Mum's to be another vehicle/mode of transport, but it's.. a shopping basket. o_O Actually, all of theirsymbols feel weird to me in general.. I dunno why, can't put my finger on it.

I wish the daddy ponies had been in Big Brother molds, too.

I do like them, though! They just don't 'grab' me as much as they could, you know?

edit: Ooh, and while we're on the subject of later G1 ponies - Baby Moondream. Love her mold, love her symbol, but I HATE the colour of it!!! Lurid orange on pastel pink is just.. :yucky: It drives me crazy since she's SO sweet aside from that, but that symbol is a dealbreaker >_<

I think the Berrytowns are meant to be going on a picnic?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2017, 04:15:56 PM »
I'd like the Brush n' Grows and Super Long Hairs if they didn't........have the long hair. I don't mind long hair on customs because it seems more manageable. But in an old toy from the 80s or the way the G3's were packaged, it's just a mess. I'd rather it be a regular length.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
I'm in the group that hates tinsel.  I had a couple G1 princess ponies when I was a kid and it was a pain trying to get the hair to brush nicely because of that tinsel.  I usually ended up putting the hair in braids and left it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2017, 05:56:32 PM »
I'm in the group that hates tinsel.  I had a couple G1 princess ponies when I was a kid and it was a pain trying to get the hair to brush nicely because of that tinsel.  I usually ended up putting the hair in braids and left it.

When I was a kid, I accidentally brushed some of Princess Tiffany's tinsel out. I asked if I could cut off the tinsel on my bike handle and put it in her hair. I was told no.  :lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2017, 05:33:39 AM »

When I was a kid, I accidentally brushed some of Princess Tiffany's tinsel out. I asked if I could cut off the tinsel on my bike handle and put it in her hair. I was told no.  :lol:

Aw!  Parents ruin the best ideas! :lol: :lol:
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2017, 05:57:48 AM »
I just thought of another one, the Euro sparkle baby Gusty is a really odd shade of pink that clashes
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2017, 08:09:19 AM »
Oh, I just thought of some more. The Family Friends and Family Babies ponies are cute in general (I hate that set name, though :P too wordy) but I wish their symbols were a bit more... connected to each other? I dunno how to word it. I like that they don't necessarily have the *same* symbols, but at the same time I wish there was a bit more of a theme to them? Mummy Berrytown particularly bothers me.. Daddy's symbol is a car and baby's is a bike so you'd expect Mum's to be another vehicle/mode of transport, but it's.. a shopping basket. o_O Actually, all of theirsymbols feel weird to me in general.. I dunno why, can't put my finger on it.

I wish the daddy ponies had been in Big Brother molds, too.

I do like them, though! They just don't 'grab' me as much as they could, you know?

edit: Ooh, and while we're on the subject of later G1 ponies - Baby Moondream. Love her mold, love her symbol, but I HATE the colour of it!!! Lurid orange on pastel pink is just.. :yucky: It drives me crazy since she's SO sweet aside from that, but that symbol is a dealbreaker >_<

I think the Berrytowns are meant to be going on a picnic?

Oh! That'd make sense, thank you :)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2017, 10:05:12 AM »
I would love mimic, but that darn price tag just frustrates me...hehe he

For those of you. I love so soft spot AND beddy by eyes:) I am odd I know.

I would love the pink and purple princess ponies, but hate the eye lashes. It's hard for me to rip off something good that is originally with the pony.

The open mouth G1 Plush pony they creep me out. Like all the other plush

The 100s of blind bags. I am so far behind I just might give up.

Not having the whole pony family....you know I think I am missing the point...haha.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2017, 10:27:38 AM »
I would love the pink and purple princess ponies, but hate the eye lashes. It's hard for me to rip off something good that is originally with the pony.

I forgot about this one, I absolutely can't stand those eyelashes. Would love those princesses if I could find one that didn't have any lashes left though.

Offline gummybuns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2017, 11:04:22 AM »
Tinsel Hair - I despise tinsel, and I've has since I was Little, I used to pluck out the Tinsel of my toys, Thank god not the pony ones but still

BBE - The eyes freak me and my twin out especially when it's rusted (However I love the Unicorn poses)

First Tooth Ponies - I love the First Tooths poses but... Just the front tooth I don't like, I know it's called a first tooth pony but... Just that tooth

Soda Sipping Ponies- The holes, I hate those holes

Most So Softs- Ok so something like Shady is fine but I usually try to find a deflocked or the normal variant (Heart Throb, Gusty, Cherries Jubilee) of the pony, mainly because I prefer the plastic over something flocked, plus they do look a lot better deflocked (Except for Shady I prefer the light pink and eye blinding yellow/ Electric Bannana (?) Rather then the Dark Pink and Electric Bannana

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2017, 11:29:36 AM »

I forgot about this one, I absolutely can't stand those eyelashes. Would love those princesses if I could find one that didn't have any lashes left though.

I forgot about them too! Oof, the eyebrowlash princesses.. they're so pretty but those eyelashes..  :yikes:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »
I'd love Starsong and Baby Mochanut if it weren't for there stubby wings.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »
I would love G3 Silver Rain if her symbol were more like G2 Silver Rain's. She's such a pretty pony, but red ribbons and flowers have nothing to do with silver or rain, so.... why?? :what:

I would adore the Fancy Swirl ponies if only they had been made!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2017, 04:49:59 PM »
I'd love gingerbread if not for her pose. I love her colours and symbol but that pose just ruins ponies for me.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal