collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nutjob seller on ebay....  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Nutjob seller on ebay....
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »
Is she the one that had super high shipping prices? If so she wanted 17$ to ship one G2 and another 11$ for a 2nd G2  :shocked:

I can't afford that!

I know she had $22 to ship a G1 sea pony and shell...I was interested but wasn't going to bid with that kind of shipping price!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »
Let's keep this on topic, please.

While the seller was rude in some respects, it is not an all out brawl about how they conduct business.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 09:50:08 PM »
Personally I have always found the term "cancer" in ponies to be in bad taste... I don't think I've ever used it myself. Plus everyone has different opinions on what it actually describes (same as "smooze"), so it's confusing at best.

Maybe the seller over reacted, but if she's currently dealing with cancer in her family, I can easily see how she'd be offended!
This!
People react differently in circumstances like these. I agree she went a bit over the top, but considering the word isn't one that society really uses for age spots on a pony toy, I can see why she may have been offended.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2013, 03:25:00 AM »
I think it just shocked and offended her, given the situation with her grandmother.  Try apologizing for the unintended offense, and just explain that "cancer" is a term that collectors use to describe the brown spots that form as the plastic ages and begins to break down.  Confetti is particularly prone to them.

Yeah, maybe she was quick to take offense, but try to see things from her perspective, and explain your own point of view.
I'm going to agree with Kelly here. The term pony cancer is one I myself try not to use much outside of this forum. I typically try to call them age spots or something else. She did snap, but I can see how a non pony collector with that background would take that offensively. I would also suggest explaining and apologizing.

I am going to have to agree also. I had a run in with someone a couple years back but I was the seller. They were quite offended I used the term in my description. I did try and explain but they still didn't seem to understand. I then just quit using the term in my listings to prevent future upsets. It wasn't worth another fall out with a potential customer.

I agree as well ^^  she probably just reacted badly due to it being a sore subject (since a close relative is sick) and not understanding how collectors use the term :yikes: .   Apologising and explaining may help this seller calm down a bit and be more understanding or less likely to freak out if other collectors ask her about pony cancer spots in the future.
 Like other people here I  now tend to just use the terms brown spots or brown splodges or brown marks etc to ask other non pony collectors/sellers about cancer spots  ;) 

Agreed! And I think I will be careful to use that term in the future! Just I case it offends someone.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »
Just one last thing because I don't want to beat a dead horse a bunch. I'm sure all of us have different varying relations or associations to cancer. I know I've lost my share or relatives to it. Like I said when I first heard the term here I was confused and kinda appalled. I've gotten used to it, and I haven't attacked anyone over it.

On the other hand my uncle gf has a daughter that has cancer and she is dying l. I don't get into their affairs and have had limited exposure to her daughter. I'm pretty sure if I mentioned ponies having cancer though she would punch my lights out.

Everyone has a different tolerance level and exposure.  It's hard on the internet since we don't have that face to face interaction an don't know the people we are talking to that well.  I think it's a bit unfair to say "well I have handled it this way and I'm fine". You might be but someone else is experiencing something totally different and probably doesn't handle grief the same way you do.  Anyway not trying to just keep this going I'm done. I just agree with Shiro. Sometimes we forget the person on the other side of the screen is human and has thoughts and feelings of their own.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 03:35:19 AM »
It sucks that they were so rude, but I'd just like to point out that it's possible that they thought you were trolling, not realizing that it was an honest question about condition.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2013, 04:54:06 AM »
I am going to lock this up. I think it's been discussed enough  :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal