collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Feedback?  (Read 1858 times)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Arena Feedback?
« on: July 29, 2013, 08:12:15 PM »
Um this is going to seem like a silly question, but how do you go about asking for feedback from another arena member?

I've clearly purchased or traded with probably 15-20 members thus far, and of those transactions that have been received I've made sure to leave feedback. However I've noticed that feedback has not been left for me.

I know that when you leave feedback for someone they receive a PM notifying them of the feedback.

I can't understand why feedback wouldn't have been left for me since I always pay straight away, covering the paypal fees and I think I'm pretty easy to deal with.

I just feel uncomfortable asking for feedback, I feel like if they thought I deserved it they would leave it. I know that sounds silly, but to me it's just awkward and uncomfortable to ask for it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Arena Feedback?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:18:09 PM »
I have not received feedback for quite a few transactions, both as a seller and a buyer, also for swaps. I have never asked though, so I cannot help you on that... It is definitely a little awkward to "ask" for feedback. :huh:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline sweetlittlejenny

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 08:19:33 PM »
I think some people just put off leaving it and then forget about it all together.

I know when I was new to the Arena and realized that I needed a certain amount of feedback to do certain things I began asking people. I would wait a sufficient amount of time and then message them saying I was trying to build my feedback so I could do swaps or whatever so could they please leave me feedback. That usually worked and and I didn't feel like I was coming off too pushy.

Click banner for my customs gallery.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:24:01 PM »
I often forget.  If I ever forget to leave feedback I hope my buyer/seller reminds me. I'd say shoot them a quick pm. :)
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 01:18:07 AM »
Yes, don't be afraid to PM people! Remind them that you've left them positive feedback and that you would really appreciate it if they left you some as well. You can also throw in that you are still trying to build up your feedback here because some people have alot of feedback and forget how important each one is when you are starting out. :)

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 03:31:47 AM »
I agree with Teddy. Just shoot them a quick PM and explain you are trying to build your feedback and would greatly appreciate it if they could take the time to do so. There is no harm in that and I don't think anyone will take offense.

I think folks just get busy and forget, I know I am guilty of it sometimes. It's in the back of your mind one minute and the next "POOF" gone.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 03:37:46 AM »
I don't think its rude to ask for feedback especially if it was a pleasant transaction.  People do forgot, including myself, especially if they have multiple trades/sales/buys out all at the same time.  Feedback is important to me so I appreciate when people leave it, but I would have no problem reminding them if it has been a week or so after the completed transaction.

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 04:54:22 AM »
I have not received feedback for quite a few transactions, both as a seller and a buyer, also for swaps. I have never asked though, so I cannot help you on that... It is definitely a little awkward to "ask" for feedback. :huh:

Same here, altough i mostly ask for it (why not ;) )

I sold/bought ponies from multiple people here ---> left feedback ---> nothing back, not even after nicely asking. I consider myself a very honest and reasonable buyer/seller. I guess some people just don't want to. Or something. I understand we all forget things once in a while, but i've asked several people w/ no response at all..

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 05:05:51 AM »
I've noticed this too. I have never asked for the feedback though. I think im missing at least half of the feedback I should have.  :huh: And now its been such a long time I dont want to ask.

Offline babystargazer

• Trade Count: (+182)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 07:22:43 PM »
Let me give some input here, as someone who's sold a lot of ponies at one time...The process of buying up ponies in lots and then re-selling them occasionally makes me a bit of extra money, but it's also a lot of work.  Feedback, because it's done after everything else is all taken care of, sometimes kinda gets forgotten about.  As much as I'd love to leave feedback for every buyer, every time, it tends to fall by the wayside unless someone specifically asks for it.  When you've sold like 100 ponies to 30 different people over the past month, it's really hard to remember who bought what and when.  I have to sort through a lot of pages of pm's to figure out each one, and sometimes I find that I've already deleted them.  So, basically, it's a bit hard to keep everything straight and I tend to dread it for that reason.  Please note that I'm not complaining- all of this is largely my fault- if I was more organized and on the ball, maybe I could keep up with it.

That said, please don't feel awkward asking a seller for feedback.  It is part of our job to provide it, it's just not a priority for many of us.  I understand that it is important for some people, and I am totally happy to give it to anyone who asks for it. 

Btw, going off to leave you some now :).

https://www.facebook.com/twistedponies/

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
I know I love getting feedback but sadly  :lookround: many people
don't ever leave it.  I would say a 1/3 of people who purchase from me never leave feedback and 1/4 never let me know they got their ponies.
I guess they figure I don't need the feedback and I just knew they got the ponies.
I leave feedback immediately upon sale here (unless it's a good pony friend and then i do it later when I have breathing room) but I never ask for feedback from people, I figure if they did not want to leave it then that is how it is.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 08:05:31 PM »
I always leave feedback unless I forget.  Sometimes, I do, especially if I've got multiple sales/trades/buys going on at once.  Also, sometimes life gets in the way, and if I'm sick or super busy, I might forget to leave feedback.

Politely asking for feedback is totally fine :)  I, personally, prefer to be contacted by the buyer/seller/trader if I seem to have forgotten.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their feedback, it's much appreciated. I understand people get busy and have multiple things going on, like I said I just assume that since you receive a PM when you receive new feedback, you would automatically leave feedback in return.
However I think that's just my view on it.
I'm not going to stress about it, 15 feedback in 6 weeks is great :)
I always spend time going back through my messages to see who sent me what (cause most of the sales were done prior to making a list) and most people don't include their pony name when they ship stuff out, because I want to make sure the feedback is left and that they know the item arrived safely.
I'd love to get involved in swaps, but I'm sure I still have to build up a few more months of membership before that happens :(
Hopefully soon though.
A huge thank you to everyone that has left feedback for me though, as every little bit helps :)

Offline ViciousJupiter

• Trade Count: (+167)
  • OOooOO Shiney!
    • View Profile
    • Vicious Studios
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 11:02:58 PM »
Dont be afraid to remind people. I even state in my sig that I am forgetful and feel free to remind me. Everyone here is very easy going and nice. I doubt anyone would take t the wrong way.
~Feel free to remind me to leave you feedback!  I'm forgetful!~

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 03:56:06 AM »
I agree with Teddy. Just shoot them a quick PM and explain you are trying to build your feedback and would greatly appreciate it if they could take the time to do so. There is no harm in that and I don't think anyone will take offense.

I think folks just get busy and forget, I know I am guilty of it sometimes. It's in the back of your mind one minute and the next "POOF" gone.   

*nods in agreement*  :nod:  someone messaged me and reminded me for feedback not too long ago . I hadnt realised that I hadnt left any feedback for them *blush* :blush:  ..so yeah it happens to a lot of us . I was grateful for the reminder . i dont think anyone would take offense if you sent them a polite PM asking for some feedback :)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal