collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do I do? Buyer doesn't want item anymore  (Read 1745 times)

Katai

• Trade Count: (0)
What do I do? Buyer doesn't want item anymore
« on: February 02, 2013, 04:23:30 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the first and it isn't the first time I've had this happen. I sold a blind bag on ebay, and the buyer just messaged me saying they wanted to cancel because they no longer want the item. They didn't explain why. 

I'm sick of this. buyer is lauraleesboutique1.

I don't want to cancle mutually. However I am concerned if I don't cancel, she'll go through with it and give me bad feedback. I have spotless feedback at this point.

However I'm also sick to DEATH of people comin up with this dumb excuse that they no longer want the item. I did a second chance offer to the buyer she out bid to see if she takes it.

Should I ask her why she wants to cancel?
Should I report her?

Fred11706

Re: What do I do? Buyer doesn't want item anymore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »
I'm with you on this! Don't bid if you don't want to buy. I would contact eBay before her. She can't leave you negative feedback if you one up her. The same thing happened to me and the person ended up paying and then left me neg feedback, I had already contacted eBay as I thought they would and they deleted the feedback. Good luck!

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
Don;t do anything. On day 4 file a NPB
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »
Don;t do anything. On day 4 file a NPB

Yup! Go through the proper channels. It sucks because it takes time, but wait it out and leave her to do what's necessary. If she doesn't pay, she gets marked as an NPB. Don't let her get away with it, at least. People need to know that this buyer is shady and isn't committing to her purchases.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Katai

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 04:36:40 PM »
How can I contact them? I clicked contact them and unpaid buyer and it sent me to the resolution center :/

I'm hoping the other buyer that got outbid will by but if not, I'm not letting this one get away with this..its super annoying.

So I should ignore her message? Should I tell her what I'm going to do? If she gives me a neg feedback I can get it removed right?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 04:56:06 PM »
If you are concerned about your feedback then I would probably mutually cancel the transaction.  I understand it is frustrating.  But she did contact you and ask for it to be canceled, she didn't leave you hanging.

I personally do not have the time to waste on waiting the four days to open a case and another four on top of that to relist it. I guess I try and be fair and reasonable with buyers especially if they communicate with me. But the choice is yours. Good Luck with what ever you do decide to do.  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

from1981

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »
With eBay these days seems as if they are imitating Amazon with the you can just return if you don't like it, I did that once with an Amazon purchase myself. It's really not good & not fair. Also I get newbies on eBay who are not familiar at all with what they are buying & buy first and ask questions later. I had a buyer of a 10 k ring who thought it would get there in 2 days, should have asked for overnight & the mail also got delayed my mlk Birthday Holiday , so she really wants to get a refund because priority mail didn't get there in 2 days & I do my shipping from paypal/eBay , so the tracking info is right there. They don't protect sellers from chargebacks as far as I can see.I cancelled two transactions & refunded the payments because the newbies bought first , then started asking questions & were completely unfamilar with the items.Less trouble to cancel, than deal with returns , that's true.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 05:25:28 PM »
I wouldn't sent a cancelation request for several reasons. One- they might decline then you can file a npb after that. Two, they accept, but cans till leave feedback. It's up to you, though.

Katai

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »
Yeah it looks like the other bidder took the second chance offer.

How do you set it so that you can block people who have unpaid item marks?

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 03:35:05 AM »
1. Login into your eBay and go to your “My eBay” page.

2. Go to My Account, then select “Site Preferences”.

3. You can see the Selling Preferences option, then Buyers Requirement, click to edit.  Select buyer requirement Preferences.

a. Buyers without a PayPal account

b. Block buyers who have a certain amount of unpaid item strikes.

etc, etc.

I have mine set to Block bidders and buyers who have received 5 Unpaid Item Strikes in 12 months. And I have to be honest I vary rarely have anyone who does not pay. 

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »
Thanks for letting us know! :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

RedKitsune

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »
Ebay is very one sided as far as buyers and sellers. You get great protection and insurance as a buyer. As a seller, if someone messes with you, your often the one holding the bag. I try to avoid selling on ebay because of this : /

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 09:46:13 AM »
I wouldn't sent a cancelation request for several reasons. One- they might decline then you can file a npb after that. Two, they accept, but cans till leave feedback. It's up to you, though.

I am not 100% certain about this, but I thought I saw somewhere that if no payment was ever recorded for the item, the buyer cannot leave any feedback good or bad...?

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 11:28:47 AM »
I

I am not 100% certain about this, but I thought I saw somewhere that if no payment was ever recorded for the item, the buyer cannot leave any feedback good or bad...?

If a NPB is filed, and they leave Fb, Ebay auto removes it. However, buyers cans till leave feedback through mutual cancelations.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »
In theory, if the buyer asks to have the transaction cancelled, they aren't supposed to leave feedback.

But in actual practice, feedback is open on a cancelled transaction, and it's never removed unless it violates other policies.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal