collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trying to mend my broken heart and find my toy that I lost at the age of 8!  (Read 2787 times)

Offline minamarie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I too thought about a lamb but from what i found it fits a sock puppy the best

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
Does it have a tail of any sort?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

popyduggan

I looked a bunch, but struck out. If it exists somewhere, it can be found again. I just hope it wasn't ooak.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
He was purchased in Atlanta, GA -- at Northside Hospital -- in the late 1980s.

https://www.northsidegifts.com/Shop.aspx?ShopID=2&categoryID=11

Northside Hospital Gift Shop doesn't seem to have very many stuffed animals for sale on their website. I know yours was from 20+ years ago, but have you considered sending an e-mail with your picture and the description? It couldn't hurt to see if someone there recognizes it.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Guys, I love you, but no more live Ebay links. If the auction (or buy it now) is not ended, you can't post a link. Post the pic, and the OP can message you if it's the right toy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:02:02 AM by kaoskat »

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
I've been stalking this thread for awhile. I'm planning on going to a doll and bear show in Feb, so I'll keep and eye out for it. 
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Fisha Seabreeze

May you find your stuffie, I had a Care Bear Secret Bear as a child who was my most beloved toy...till my parents gave him away to charity without my knowledge. :cry: :mad:

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Guys, I love you, but no more live Ebay links. If the auction (or buy it now) is not ended, you can't post a link. Post the pic, and the OP can message you if it's the right toy.
Eek! Sorry this was happening in my thread! I was actually wondering if Ebay links were allowed in comments... thanks for your eternal patience. ;)

And thanks again, everyone, for all of your amazing suggestions! You guys are awesome and are bringing me so much closer to finding Puppy Rabbit than I would have come on my own.

Post Merge: January 28, 2014, 10:40:02 PM

Does it have a tail of any sort?
Nope, no tail. Which is strange for either a puppy or a rabbit. I guess he was "wearing" clothes, so that accounts for the lack of a visual tail.

And I really don't think he was OOAK -- I've now found multiple similar toys made by Eden toy company, so I'm pretty sure that's who made him. My mom seems fairly certain that he was made by Eden, but I think she is only thinking that because of the toys we've managed to find since losing Puppy Rabbit.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
Still searching. :)

I think it's an Eden knockoff, which makes it very difficult to track down.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I'm also still looking but I haven't had much luck.  i'll keep eyes open when thrifting though.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Still searching. :)

I think it's an Eden knockoff, which makes it very difficult to track down.

Wow, that hadn't occurred to me. Hmm...

Lightning Twirl

Awwww! :o Sorry to hear that dear! Loosing a childhood toy can be extremely traumatic!! I know exactly how you feel!  I always help people who are missing a lost toy because at a young age it can be extremely traumatic! If you have a picture of your bunny-puppy toy I will keep an eye out at thrift stores and garage sales!!

I do have my own personal experience id love to share, but it is not for the faint heart. I really want to share my story with other people because i believe it can help others.

Spoiler
When I was entering 4th grade,  at the time I had a huuuge pokemon toy collection, I lost my favorite Misty 'peace sign' TOMY and flipped out! It also didnt help I was juuust cold turkey taken off my ADHD medication because my parents thought the meds were a coke derivitive (adhd is a real lifetime-long uncureable neurological disorder that I was diagnosed with after having autism-like symptoms at the age of about 4) so here I am with no meds or herbal therapy,  lost my toy in my messy room and my parents freak out when they came home to see I made a mess of things and me crying because I lost my toy. They got so annoyed with me and my pokemon obsession, blamed pokemon on my bad grades an behavior (riduculous!), so they cleaned out my room and tosses out all my pokemon toys and pokemon themed items except my gameboycolor! They eventually threw out everything but my clothes, tv, and bed and I went into a severe depression and PTSD on top of my adhd at the age of 9ish. Here I was still a child and forbidden to have any toys whatsoever and wasnt even allowed to play with my brother and sisters toys (although id sneak heehee) Most importantly, my evil stepdad at the time it happened actually took my very special Lugia electronic talking toy and broke it in front of me, and put it in the bailer at his work! My parents luckily got divorced a few years later but even when i was little they would always fight all the time breaking furniture downstairs and telling sometimes to where to cops would show up... so when I was young and still had my pokemon toys they would always be there for me, especially Lugia! I took him everywhere with me- the tub, in my bed, carrides to the store, i even danced with him at my aunts wedding reception as my date! Whenever id hear my stepdad and mom fight downstairs id be in my bedroom crying latched onto my lugia! After going through seeing my companion brokeen in front of me i spiraled into severe depression at the age of 8and even attemped suicide because I had no 'escape' because i wasnt allowed to have toys, pokemon, or even go outside and play with my friends because they played pokemon-which i was forbidden to do. I went through severe depression to where I needed therapy but even that didnt help because talking about it did nothing but make me worse! I remained depressed and miserable hating every minute of my life until I met the man who became my husband! I first became friends with him and I told him all about my past with pokemon and we shared happy memories with the franchise and we moved in together and  immedietly started to collect pokemon toys again and even MLP! It was basically the secret cure, recovering my childhood. We found the same exact lugia toy I used to have on ebay one day for $160 but it is well worth it! I told the seller about my past and let her know i have no plans ever get rid of him! Now she is my friend and I have progressivly returned to my normal, happy self I was before the trauma. Its as if my childhood friends would look at me and think time had slipped right past 7 year old me! Im a lot more happier now and I am now surrounded in a paradise of toys and positive enviornments where I can be free! Also im taking NATURAL herbal remedies for my adhd instead of putting strange chemicals in my body- its beem extremely successful and my managers see a great improvement in my work performance So loosing a toy can be extremely traumatic. Even though I have obtained most of the toys I lost, not a single day has ever gone by where I dont think about what happened to me when I was 8. I actually have great long-term memory for someone so forgetful bit the flashbacks and even nightmares still haunt me from time-to-time. I dont feel upset or 're-live' the bad memories when i look at my vintage tomy pocket monsters from japan, I have positive flashbacks from long ago before the trauma which feels good and nostalgic. I feel bad having to replace my Lugia with another, but he is gone now and im sure if he was a living (like in toy story) he would be happy I found another lugia to take care of me! ;) I beilive this experience lead me to toy collecting but its not out of control. Toys really do bring joy to my life and id love to inspire more toy collectors. To some toys are just 'things' but to me they are also friends and are part of my (new and maybe someday growing) family. So i know EXACTLY how anyone feels loosing a toy and having it effect them the rest of their life!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:10:52 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to mend my broken heart and find my toy that I lost at the age of 8!
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2014, 08:27:56 AM »
hey i think i may have seen something similar looking to that tiny picture at one of our thrift stores. there is a super small thrift store just outside of town that has TONS of really old vintage really WEIRD looking plushes for 50 cents each, they don't get a lot of business so i'll bet the one i'm thinking of is still there. i'll go take a look when they're open, or send my friend down with a picture of it, and get back to you! :)

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2014, 11:33:47 AM »
Ohhh exciting, hopefully youll get there soon

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 02:18:44 PM »
hey i think i may have seen something similar looking to that tiny picture at one of our thrift stores. there is a super small thrift store just outside of town that has TONS of really old vintage really WEIRD looking plushes for 50 cents each, they don't get a lot of business so i'll bet the one i'm thinking of is still there. i'll go take a look when they're open, or send my friend down with a picture of it, and get back to you! :)
Awesome! I can't wait to see it! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal