collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did eBay ruin my Rarity?  (Read 3815 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Did eBay ruin my Rarity?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 06:55:23 PM »
The seller said they wrapped it in 4 layers of paper and cellophane...no mention of a separate box that she might have been put in, and the outer wrapper had the seller's personalised return address sticker on it, so I'm inclined to think Pitney Bowes didn't remove it from a box to check it, just sliced it carelessly down the side to have a peek :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The first photo I posted on my initial post is how the package looked when it arrived at my house....it's just the back of the box is all, to protect identity.

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 02:44:43 AM »
In this case I would put the blame on the seller. Why doesn't online sellers bother packaging toys properly? Even if the intention was to give it to a child to play with, a child wouldn't want a new toy in a crushed box! I do hope this sorts itself out. 

I have a feeling that the ebay "shipping service" repacked your doll into a smaller carton so it could keep the shipping $$ and mail her for cheaper.  They are becoming notorious for this.

That's ... that's outrageous! :enraged: I'm waiting for my first shipments from eBay affairs, and I paid a good shipping sum for them to arrive safely! If a third party tampers with the packaging, I don't know what I'll do!
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 04:26:18 AM »
It seems then a bit of an issue from both the seller and Pitney bowes. The seller really should have put your MIB doll in a box for protection. Even though they may have put layers of wrapping around her, that wouldn't save her box from being squished by something heavy in transit
..however, the damage to the box  does not appear to be due to damage in transit. It definitely looks to me like  Pitney Bowes just sliced it all open with a knife to check the contents (damaging your box in the process)  and then taped it up again leaving it in the sellers original wrapping as it couldn't possibly be packed much lighter  :(   
 I would complain to ebay.  Its not completely your sellers fault... they have part blame but they didn't cause the damage, nor was it damaged in transit from those pics and your sellers description IMO.
I would phone ebay rather than email them and let them know the situation then ask for advice. You usually get better response from them with a phone call rather than emailing them and I don't think I'd just go ahead and open a case yet - I'd call for advice first . Please let us know how it goes :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 10:15:34 AM »
I already opened a case, but my seller is being really amazing about the whole thing and is just as appalled as I am. She's an MIB collector as well, so she knows what she's doing, so perhaps they did take it out of a box. Anyway, that's neither here nor there...everything is going well with the seller and hopefully we'll have a resolution soon :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 04:21:09 AM »
:whew:  that's good to know! I'm so glad that you are  dealing with a good seller - hopefully Pitney Bowes will get their butt kicked for this :hug: please do let us know how it's finally resolved

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 03:14:09 PM »
That's a relief. I realize I must have sounded harsh ... Really I can't believe they are so careless with their box cutters.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal