collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Right now I HATE Ebay and the Global Shipping Program.... Help!  (Read 5736 times)

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Right now I HATE Ebay and the Global Shipping Program.... Help!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »
I'm having issues with the GSP too.  I shipped a pony to Hungary.  The person does not speak English very well and accidently opened a case against me, as they were having issues with tracking.  The item showed on my end that it passed the Kentucky check point before the claim was even open!  This was December 12th! They put a hold on my paypal account, says it is under review and the item has since been delivered and the person has left me positive feedback!  they  are still holding the funds.  So just because it passes that point ebay and paypal may still hold your funds.

Then to boot I payed my paypal smart connect.  I okayed paypal to pay $70 and they took $96.05 out of my bank account with no notice or approval!  I tell you ebay and paypal are becoming so frustrating!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 07:21:19 AM »
:(  GSP is definitely more trouble than its worth. I'm glad I opted out. I rarely buy anything from a seller who uses it TBH although I;ve risked it a few times
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 02:54:55 PM »
I don't buy anything from sellers that participate in the GSP :( I had terrible issues with customs, and ended up paying way too much taxes where I normally wouldn't have had to pay any.
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 03:12:32 PM »
I find the GSP is only good in very specific situations. Big, bulky packages usually work out a LOT cheaper from the US to here for some reason, however small packages are MUCH more expensive. Maybe it averages out? Who knows. I used GSP twice last year, both times for HUGE boxes, one had about 50 ponies, the other had playsets and ponies, but I live on a one-country continent, and in a capital city, so that's fine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »
I don't buy anything from sellers that participate in the GSP :( I had terrible issues with customs, and ended up paying way too much taxes where I normally wouldn't have had to pay any.
^This. I try to avoid sellers that use GSP. If it's an item I really want and can't get elsewhere I ask the seller if they would be willing to ship the item in a normal way. Most of the time they don't.
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal