collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: YIKES! MIP TAF Pony Project pony all stained! Ebay seller: igittyup 8/13 update  (Read 5367 times)

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
Surely other people have bought the TAF pony from this person.
They apparently have a ton that they're selling for 30$ shipped
A bargain, so I snatched mine right up!

However, mine's arrived and she's HORRIDLY bright pink stained ALL OVER!!!!
spots on her torso (both sides), neck, cheek, NDS legs, and butt are all highlighter stain pink!
It appears that her hair is staining her?

But she looks AWFUL! Not display worthy at all IMOP V_V

:( What to do, what to do?
is 30$ still a good deal for this girl?
I don't know if i'm going to open her up yet, I'm thinking about sending it back...
but, if I decide to keep her, can her stains be fixed while still saving her symbols? :(

Has anyone else gotten theirs yet? (the seller had more than 10) How did yours fair?

I dont want to take her out of her package till I get some advice on what to do.

The seller said free shipping, does that mean I'll get all 30$ back if I dispute it and win? or will they have the ability to take shipping out?

Update:
I messaged the seller and they were very apologetic and willing to help, please see the response in the discussion below:
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,304134.msg326075.html#msg326075

8/6 update:
replacement is damaged :(
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,304134.msg340574.html#msg340574

8/9 update:
=_= ugh.
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,304134.msg343265.html#msg343265

8/13 update:
Seller refunded 5$
http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,304134.msg352038.html#msg352038

Consider this resolved, but unhappily.
I do not recommend this seller to picky collectors, like myself.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:26:25 AM by Knibitz »

Offline Whoa1234

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: YIKES! MIP TAF Pony Project pony all stained! Ebay seller: igittyup
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 02:45:05 PM »
I'd ask them for a swap or a  full refund, you'll have to pay the shipping back to them though.
So sorry that happened :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 02:46:11 PM »
EEK!  Sounds like she should have described the flaw... was it in any pictures? 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:46:23 PM »
Oh no D: Now I'm really scared to get mine.

Knibitz

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »
EEK!  Sounds like she should have described the flaw... was it in any pictures? 

No :( They had a ton to sell and only pictured one, which appeared mint. I can't find any stains in the photo :(

I shot the seller a message, we'll see how they respond.

:( Best of luck Rhini! Keep us updated!

Please, others who have received the TAF Project Pony from this seller, let us know the condition of the pony when it arrives!

Moondancer115

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
I am sorry to hear this. I would email her and ask for full refund or a swap if she didn't metioned this at all.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »
Well that's sure odd...I got tracking from the seller, and when I checked on it just now it said

"Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office."

Weiiird. I'm thinking that maybe mine's been delivered since yours was and we ordered on the same day? But I'll have to wait til I get home to find out.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »
I got mine and it is not stained, not in that sense anyway. When I first unwrapped it seemed to have a very very very faint pink tinge to the plastic, but I couldn't really tell if that was from the hair reflecting, or seeing in through the bag, or my imagination. But the light in the room I opened it in often makes things look a bit weird. In different light it certainly doesn't appear pink at all. Holding it next to another white G3 I can see that the white has a slightly different tone to it, but the other pony in comparison almost seems to be yellowish. Both ponies held on their own look white though, and the TAF pony certainly reads as white when displayed alone.

I was one of the first people to order this pony from the seller, they had only sold 1 other at the time I ordered mine, so I wonder if they started by picking out the best looking ones or if it is random.

I hope they are able to find a replacement or do something for you :\

Knibitz

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »
Well that's sure odd...I got tracking from the seller, and when I checked on it just now it said

"Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office."

Weiiird. I'm thinking that maybe mine's been delivered since yours was and we ordered on the same day? But I'll have to wait til I get home to find out.

hmmm. Mine was paid for on the 27th, shipped that same day in a flat rate priority box with delivery confirmation. (Rhode Island to Michigan)
I honestly never checked my tracking, but it has updated to say that it arrived today (July 30th)

I got that message recently on something that also had delivery confirmation and it still turned up. I think USPS is buggy recently *shakes head*

I'm also getting that same message on a package I have that's coming EMS :/ which is REALLY odd..

I got mine and it is not stained, not in that sense anyway. When I first unwrapped it seemed to have a very very very faint pink tinge to the plastic, but I couldn't really tell if that was from the hair reflecting, or seeing in through the bag, or my imagination. In different light it certainly doesn't appear pink at all. Holding it next to another white G3 I can see that the white has a slightly different tone to it, but the other pony in comparison almost seems to be yellowish. Both ponies held on their own look white though, and the TAF pony certainly reads as white when displayed alone.

I was one of the first people to order this pony from the seller, they had only sold 1 other at the time I ordered mine, so I wonder if they started by picking out the best looking ones or if it is random.

I hope they are able to find a replacement or do something for you :\

I think 4 had been sold when I bought mine.
Mine is very obviously stained all over :( she does glow pink too, but there's very obvious stain marks as well :( )

Offline Jahlila

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • DA Page
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »
I just got mine today too but I don't see any stains on her. :( I'm so sorry yours is stained. I'm gonna guess it's due to her hair. From what I read on the auction, they found these in a storage unit and were just selling them off, so maybe they just grabbed one out of the box and mailed it out? I hope you can contact the seller and find a solution to your dilemma. :hug:
*~*Jahlila*~*

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
I suspect you bought yours from the second round of listings, though. The first round went up on July 19th I believe and was sold out by the 22nd, so they relisted again with more. So sounds like at least 14 were sold before yours, if not more (not sure how many rounds of listings they did). But it would be super lame for the seller to hand pick the best ones as the sales continued :\

Offline ristvak

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 03:18:08 PM »
I just pulled mine in off the porch- one has a slight mark near the neck seam on the NDS and the other does have a slight pink stain in the middle of "pony" on the NDS side. They're definitely 'never removed from bag' though so I think it is because of her hair =/ Definitely doing to open mine now!

(And my purchase was in the second round of listings)
If you haven't received feedback from me, give me a nudge!

Knibitz

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »

here's the first one dramatically edited so the stains light up

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 03:46:11 PM »
Knibitz I'm sorry your pony was stained.  It seems like your seller may have just randomly selected one and sent it without going over it throughly. Because by your pictures you can definitely tell it has lots of pink staining to it.

It seems others received theirs with little or no staining so hopefully your seller will be willing to work something out.  As in since she has several more she can go over them and find one without flaws. I also would think she would refund your shipping costs back that it would cost for you to send it back. That would be the right thing to do as it was not your problem.

Good Luck and hopefully she is willing to work with you.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Knibitz

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »
Update:

I got a response from the seller

"Hi,

First off let me apologize.   You are the second person (from 1st wave of Ponies) who has brought this to my attention.  As you will see in my other feedback, the Ponies are in excellent condition.

This has alerted me to double check every pony that is shipped out.  We have found 8 more ponies that have pink stain on the body...I don't know how they would have gotten stained like that since the bags & boxes that they were in are ALL factory sealed....but non-the-less, I will stand behind my feedback rating and get another out to you.

Please return that pony to:
*removed*

I will send you out a new Pony.

Thank You and again, sorry for the inconvenience.

- igittyup"

I let them know I would be shipping the pony back in the next two days :)

Glad to see that the seller is sensitive to the issue <3
I'll keep you up all updated!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal