collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Halloween Project - Cereal Monsters Skullector  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
Monster High Halloween Project - Cereal Monsters Skullector
« on: November 14, 2022, 05:24:06 PM »
🎃HAPPY HALLOWEEN! 🎃

The cumulative effort of an entire month and at least three days of crying as I struggled to model a box in Blender (I cannot overstate how terrible I am with 3D), the help of my wonderful fiancé for doing the final renders (my poor PC couldn’t handle them!) and a lot of sleepless nights, I present the CEREAL MONSTERS!

General Mills' Monster Cereal mascots, designed in the Monster High Skullector style! I envision them as being scented, and I'm not sure if I managed to correctly illustrate but the cover for the box is a 'slide' cover over the main box, so you can open it without damaging it haha.

Originally completed in 2020, I only managed the three main monsters but I always thought I’d come back and finally finish this project to a level I’d be happy with, and then I got the idea of actually modelling the boxes and it sort of snowballed from there 😅

(On a final note, I’m Australian so ironically I’ve never tasted ANY of these cereals, we don’t get them here! I have my extensive reading of i-mockery during my high school years to thank for that 💕)

Click the spoilers under each one to see all the extra details (didn't want the post to be too confusing to navigate or cause loading issues due to number of images haha) :heart:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Count Chocula! Silhouette-wise she is one of my favourites, it’s unusual that I’m still so happy with a design I did two years ago but I am! 😅

Spoiler

Frankenberry! Those cute strawberry nails are actually part of the original design haha, and I elected to turn the head doodads into headphones 😅

Spoiler

Boo Berry! One of my favourite cereal monsters and what sounds like the best cereal flavour (always a fan of blueberry!), I’m also still very happy with her design! She’s meant to have translucent skin like the Haunted dolls too btw, don’t know how evident that is in the art? 😅

Spoiler

Fruit Brute! Or Frute Brute haha, I didn’t get the chance to draw her originally but I’m so glad I got to this time around! I really love how her design turned out, those sherbet-coloured stripes are just so up my alley 😅💕

Spoiler

Fruity Yummy Mummy! Our final ghoul and the only one whose box doesn’t match, as all of their boxes are based off of their first release and Yummy Mummy here released in 1988 when the boxes were all done in this style! She’s another I’m very proud of as its’ more difficult than you’d think to turn just bandages into an actual outfit! 😅

Spoiler

Aand that's all! I hope you guys enjoy them, this was the biggest personal project I've ever completed and I am quite proud of it haha!

I finally found my grail! :heart:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Halloween Project - Cereal Monsters Skullector
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 06:44:38 PM »
Ahhhh these are so cute! Not really familiar with the cereals (we don't have them here either) but I love these designs. Fruit Brute is my favourite ^^

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2022, 08:48:21 PM »
I love these! I’ve had count chocula before but I never really got the hype. Tasted kinda meh to me.
And yeah, speaking as someone who works with blender, it can be hard to learn. I would definitely advise looking at tutorials online, since blender is well documented. And good luck with rendering! That’s where my computer always trips up too. I swear I should cook food on my computer while I render, since it’s already working at full steam anyways.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2022, 08:53:39 PM »
Wow! That's incredible and I love it.  So glad you kept going.  You must be so proud.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline shockponie

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 07:09:20 AM »
Talk about awesome!!! I can only imagine how much effort went into creating this project. I love Boo Berry and Fruity Yummy Mummy the most, but all your ghouls are fangtastic. You did such amazing work, Crystal-Sushi! :cheer:
Avatar by Shenanigans; Sig by Shaiyeh

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 07:05:26 PM »
Ahhhh these are so cute! Not really familiar with the cereals (we don't have them here either) but I love these designs. Fruit Brute is my favourite ^^

Thankyou so much! :heart:
Fruit Brute is probably my favourite too haha, I really like her colours!

I love these! I’ve had count chocula before but I never really got the hype. Tasted kinda meh to me.
And yeah, speaking as someone who works with blender, it can be hard to learn. I would definitely advise looking at tutorials online, since blender is well documented. And good luck with rendering! That’s where my computer always trips up too. I swear I should cook food on my computer while I render, since it’s already working at full steam anyways.

Ah ok that's interesting to know! I always imagined it would taste a bit like the Milo cereal haha
Yes, I particularly struggle with learning new programs too unfortunately, I can't just learn from tutorials, I need to constantly ask questions and since apparently blender recently updated and changed its' layout, it seems difficult to find anyone that has a better idea than I do (that's also willing to be bombarded with questions) :P 
Ah thankyou! Apparently my PC doesn't have the capacity (something about the graphics card?) to render efficiently so I have to update it, thus why my fiance is doing rendering for me in the meantime haha. When I was in Uni the 3D animation students would often sleep in the computer labs overnight because their stuff was rendering, and the lecturers used to give out tips on where they wouldn't be visible on the cameras...!

Wow! That's incredible and I love it.  So glad you kept going.  You must be so proud.

Aww haha thankyou so much! I definitely am! :heart:

Talk about awesome!!! I can only imagine how much effort went into creating this project. I love Boo Berry and Fruity Yummy Mummy the most, but all your ghouls are fangtastic. You did such amazing work, Crystal-Sushi! :cheer:

Aww haha thankyou! I'm so glad you like them! They were so much fun to work on, even if it was a bit stressful :P

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2023, 03:06:23 PM »
These are amazing. The stands are esp good.  I'm a #spoonie & I love the spoons so much. My heart hurts these aren't all real.  I'd love to see someone make custom dolls from ur designs.  I think my fave is Yummy Mummy; that's brilliant how you stacked mallows for the heels of her shoes and the colors are great.   You should be proud *&* oh so grateful for teh help with blender <3

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2023, 05:33:29 AM »
These are amazing. The stands are esp good.  I'm a #spoonie & I love the spoons so much. My heart hurts these aren't all real.  I'd love to see someone make custom dolls from ur designs.  I think my fave is Yummy Mummy; that's brilliant how you stacked mallows for the heels of her shoes and the colors are great.   You should be proud *&* oh so grateful for teh help with blender <3

Aww haha thankyou so much! I'm so happy you appreciate all the work that went into these! :heart:
I'd also love to see that! As with any of my designs, people are welcome to create customs of them (or commission them!) as long as they aren't being sold for profit :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal