collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: GRaaaaiiilllll!!!  (Read 2236 times)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
GRaaaaiiilllll!!!
« on: December 23, 2015, 01:54:27 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I got a Munchy! thanks to my sister was literally just browsing saw it and she nabbed it for me.

she has some ink marks on her. but right now  the biggest issue is that she smells like pot and rabbit poop. I even had to have my sister double sniff to make sure I wasn't just smelling things.

any way of washing her and dealing with the smell?

[stickied 27/12/15 - Kiwimlp :) ]
unstickied 29/12/15
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 11:30:11 AM by kiwimlp »
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: GRaaaaiiilllll!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 03:05:02 PM »
Congratulations!  She is such a great pony.  I don't know what exactly to do about the smell, I think I've read about people putting smelly ponies in fresh cat litter.

I can understand why she would smell like marijuana, but rabbit poop?  That's really weird.

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 03:18:05 PM »
I can understand why she would smell like marijuana, but rabbit poop?  That's really weird.

Presumably she used to belong to someone who kept bunnies. :bunny:
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 03:27:46 PM »
Yay Munchy!!! Huge congrats!! She looks great!!  :hearts: :green:

Post Merge: December 23, 2015, 03:36:10 PM

Oh and as for the stink... Seal her up in a box with some kitty litter or baking soda for a few days, then let her air out for awhile and repeat as needed. Should help a lot!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:36:10 PM by buttonso »

Emerald

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 03:38:50 PM »
Munchy is so cool! Am I the only one who thinks it's amusing that a pony named Munchy smells like pot? I hope you can fix her up and get rid of the smell, though. Congrats!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »

I got a Munchy! thanks to my sister was literally just browsing saw it and she nabbed it for me.

she has some ink marks on her. but right now  the biggest issue is that she smells like pot and rabbit poop. I even had to have my sister double sniff to make sure I wasn't just smelling things.

Wow Munchy really lived up to her name. :snicker:

Congrats btw and also eww! What about that Odoban stuff for the rabbit poo smell? Odoban is awesome!

A good washing with fruity soap will help. So will wrapping her in laundry sheets in a plastic bag.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:47:21 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »
Munchy is so cool! Am I the only one who thinks it's amusing that a pony named Munchy smells like pot? I hope you can fix her up and get rid of the smell, though. Congrats!

Lol
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 04:01:58 PM »
I don't know why the previous owner would sell Munchy in the first place, it seems like they were perfect for each other.

Hope you can get the smell out, although a pot-scented Munchy would be hilarious.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »
Yay Munchy!!! Huge congrats!! She looks great!!  :hearts: :green:

Post Merge: December 23, 2015, 03:36:10 PM

Oh and as for the stink... Seal her up in a box with some kitty litter or baking soda for a few days, then let her air out for awhile and repeat as needed. Should help a lot!
heh we're trying the baking soda route after we washed her

Post Merge: December 23, 2015, 04:05:26 PM

heh we had to check the addy to see where she mailed from, she came out of California so ...not entirely surprised, we double checked the listing and it says it was a pre-owned pony and they have not touched them since buying and don't know if there's smoke/animal smells.
art page

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »

Congrats btw and also eww! What about that Odoban stuff for the rabbit poo smell? Odoban is awesome!

A good washing with fruity soap will help. So will wrapping her in laundry sheets in a plastic bag.

I've heard some scary things about leaving ponies actually wrapped in dryer sheets! I think stuffing them inside the pony is fine, but if you plan to just lay the sheets on top of the pony or just stuffed inside the baggie without touching the pony - that might be best, but I'd still be very careful.

Fresh air has been doing good things for my musty ponies, but I also bought a charcoal deodorizer/dehumidifier that is for closets and other close storage spaces, that's been doing well. A lot of people have had much success with fresh cat litter or baking soda as well. Good luck! Munchy is such a cute pony - I never really understood the hype until I had her in my hands, but she's precious.  ^.^

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 04:09:23 PM »

I've heard some scary things about leaving ponies actually wrapped in dryer sheets! I think stuffing them inside the pony is fine, but if you plan to just lay the sheets on top of the pony or just stuffed inside the baggie without touching the pony - that might be best, but I'd still be very careful.

Fresh air has been doing good things for my musty ponies, but I also bought a charcoal deodorizer/dehumidifier that is for closets and other close storage spaces, that's been doing well. A lot of people have had much success with fresh cat litter or baking soda as well. Good luck! Munchy is such a cute pony - I never really understood the hype until I had her in my hands, but she's precious.  ^.^

yes thank you! I have Yum Yum and now she has her sister XD
art page

thanks to SDS for my sig

Karebearcntdwn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »
When I got ponies from a flea market who smelled of must and mildew I placed the ponies in a boiling pot of oxyclean and that cleaned the smell right up. I actually cheated and have a pickling/canning pot that has a stand that sits inside and I carefully put them on that. It usually takes only a couple of seconds for the smell to be removed but watch out, leaving it in the pot for to long or letting the pony touch any part of the pot will melt it. Using tongs and a large pot helps a lot if you don't have a canning one.  :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 06:52:53 PM »
Congrats! ^.^

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2015, 12:47:53 AM »
I always knew that Munchy was a stoner...

Congrats seriously!! This is a quality horse!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 06:44:06 AM »
Congrats on your "munchy" pony :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal