collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thrift store finds!  (Read 697 times)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: Thrift store finds!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 06:55:33 PM »
Congrats and sorry to hear about the poor girl.  Best of luck fixing em up.  That set on the G3 was originally Walmart, later showed up at TRU too.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »
Awesome! Congrats! It's so great to find G1s, especially when you get to dig and possibly find more. It's kinda thrilling!

However, in the future, you don't want to submerge your ponies in water, unless you plan to open them up to let them dry out completely (I know you opened Sea Breeze but I'm not sure if you were planning to open the rest, so I thought I'd mention it).

Anyway, I'm really sorry to hear about poor Sea Breeze. Some G1s are just REALLY tough to crack open! I had a Tunefull that I ended up ripping a tiny bit, too, trying to get her head off (she needed a tail - I HAD to get in there!) So I know that pain. And then I had a Wig Wam whose head wouldn't budge at all. I was so frustrated that I almost wouldn't have minded tearing the plastic a little, if only I could clean out his rust lol. I never did get it and ended up trading him. =P The good thing is, there are ways to hide issues like that if you can't fix them. Display the pony a different way, use their hair to cover it, add an accessory to hide it...etc. But good luck if you do decide to try fixing it!

Also if you do rehair her, please don't throw her tail away! There is probably a tailless Sea Breeze out there who can use it! =)
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 02:21:29 PM »
lucky!!!! I'm so jealous! I want a boy pony so bad! I keep hoping i'll come across one in a thrift store one day! Very nice find!

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »
Thats awesome that you found g1s! I rarely have luck finding any at thrift stores!
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal