collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Poshmark - this is not legit, right?  (Read 1698 times)

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Poshmark - this is not legit, right?
« on: March 02, 2017, 07:03:43 PM »
Obviously, not about ponies but I still need your expertise! Totally new to Poshmark. Found an item I would like to purchase. Seller agreed to let me pay half this week, half next week. Fine.

Seller requests Paypal sent as Friends/Family.

So if I use Paypal I understand I lose Poshmark's buyer protection, but if I send money Friends/Family to the seller, I lose any Paypal protection too, is that correct? - Thus the seller has no reason to actually ship my item.

Additionally, the seller requests text message via Poshmark comments. I Googled the number and have found two other Poshmark accounts using this phone number for the same deal, requesting Paypal payment. Each seller has 5-10 items listed, all in the same general category.

This is a scam right?
But I don't want it to be :(

Does Poshmark have feedback and how does it work?

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
Re: Poshmark - this is not legit, right?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »
Just went there and read up on that site and I am quite sure that the people who "have" what you want are scammers trying to hit as many as fast as they can. If possible, report them. If not, just don't give these people your money. Even a limited edition pair of JNCO bellbottoms with two pairs of lovely Candies aren't worth the potential hassle you might incur through a non-sanctioned purchase.  -_-
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 02:32:50 PM »
Give paypal a call and report them, I'd say it is a scam.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 06:54:15 AM »
Dude what a bummer. Like, on the surface everything seems ok. Seller is friendly and responsive. Have not seen this type of scam before. The seller is happy to text additional photos. However, the photos she sent are of a different item than the one pictured. (Same model, size all that, had to look very closely to note subtle differences). Boo.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 11:45:59 AM »
I definitely wouldn't do it!

I will say I had a recent run in with a seller (not on Poshmark but elsewhere) where the seller was very kind, quick to respond and provided extra photos like your seller did. But then a week and a half went by and the seller didn't ship... Sent them a message, the response was that they take 3-5 business days to ship (which had already passed at this point)...Tried again about a week later, no response. Opened a case- no response. Sent another message through the case- no response. Finally got my money back almost 1 month after I made the initial purchase, seller never shipped or responded to my later messages (I paid through the proper channels so I had buyer protection in this case). From the looks of it, there were many others who fell into the same trap and pattern with this seller (no such feedback was available at the time I purchased or I would've avoided the situation altogether). All of this to say that I think sometimes people lure you in with what appears to be great customer service to lull you into a false sense of security. Then they vanish. Like archidraca said, it is just not worth the headache.

Offline amykwyjibo

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
limited edition pair of JNCO bellbottoms with two pairs of lovely Candies

I drooled.

Okay I know this comment was not helpful to the OP but, man. <3

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »
limited edition pair of JNCO bellbottoms with two pairs of lovely Candies

I drooled.

Okay I know this comment was not helpful to the OP but, man. <3
No, I drooled too! I'm still sad that the JNCOs I had back in the day disappeared. For years I thought I had loaned them to my high school BFF and she never gave them back but we reconnected a couple years ago and she swears she gave them back. I don't totally believe it though! They were badass, too. Black with an embroidered dragon. I wore them with my belly shirt and platform Skechers!

Offline amykwyjibo

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 09:57:33 PM »
Yes, yes, and more yes.

I...might have gone looking for JNCOs and platforms online after this thread happened.  I need them in my life.  Still looking for the perfect pair.  I remember comparing sizes with my friends back in the day, who had the widest leg length around the bottom!  :lol:

ETA: As for platforms, that would be a guilty pleasure I haven't talked myself into yet. As it is, I am an inch taller than my husband and he hates when I wear anything but flats, which is why I tossed all of my old platforms in the first place!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:59:48 PM by amykwyjibo »

lovefromsirius

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »
I think poshmark is a great and totally legit way to get new stuff but obviously if a seller is telling you to do the transaction off-site that is a big RED FLAG. IMO I wouldn't do it, or at least I would just pay via regular paypal and add in a few bucks for the paypal fees.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal