collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield  (Read 46623 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »
So today at the TreeHouse they confirmed that Pokemon outside of the regional Galar Pokedex will have no presence in the games. They can't be caught, they can't be transferred.

This is a big blow to me. I was really hyped for these games. I'm fine with limited Pokemon in the main adventure, but taking away even the ability to catch and use them at all in the post game is messed up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2019, 12:05:28 PM »
That makes it sound like they couldn't figure out how to make pokemon bank work on the switch or something, doesn't it?
I'm on the fence about getting the game honestly.  :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »
What wasn't shown in the Direct but was in the playable demo: a dark/fairy imp Pokemon, and............... an electric corgi! Unfortunate for me. :P

Spoiler
This further confirms that leak that happened weeks ago, this leak also got Nessa's name right.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2019, 02:00:27 PM »
What wasn't shown in the Direct but was in the playable demo: a dark/fairy imp Pokemon, and............... an electric corgi! Unfortunate for me. :P

Spoiler
This further confirms that leak that happened weeks ago, this leak also got Nessa's name right.

Electric corgi? That sounds amazing. I hope it's cute

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2019, 02:08:47 PM »
Not all Pokemon can be transferred into these two Pokemon games.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2019, 02:12:34 PM »
Yeah, I saw the leak too, it's interesting.

Good to see it's not just me that's on the fence about these games so far, heh. I dunno, I just can't get excited about it! D: Yamper is pretty cute, though.

I heard something about the Pokedex thing but I didn't really understand it before your post, Harmonie. D: So only a certain amount of Pokemon'll be in the games, then, essentially? Like... if I wanted to transfer, say, a Trubbish in-game, I won't be able to unless it made it onto the Galar Pokedex roster? (doubtful, lol) That sucks! I don't often trade Pokemon up from past games anyway, but it's nice to have the option. I was pretty disappointed when Sun/Moon disabled trading from past games except through Bank (esp. since that was one of the few times I did want to transfer an older Pokemon, lol), but at least that was still better than this. D:

I wonder if it's some kind of hardware limitation or something? I mean there's, what, 800+ Pokemon now, maybe the game just flat-out couldn't handle that many? Keeping in mind shiny forms, gender differences, alt. forms (Castform, Alola forms, etc) more than double that amount, technically... I dunno, idk how this stuff works, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something along those lines... still pretty disappointing, though :/

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2019, 03:43:08 PM »

Spoiler

Electric corgi? That sounds amazing. I hope it's cute
Spoiler
It's name is Yamper, and it's been found at the E3 demo, along with another Pokemon! They're both pretty cute.

Like... if I wanted to transfer, say, a Trubbish in-game, I won't be able to unless it made it onto the Galar Pokedex roster? (doubtful, lol)
Pfft, with the drama surrounding bin bags in this country and how often it makes headlines, I'll take it as a personal insult if Trubbish isn't part of the games :P

I was pretty disappointed that you wouldn't be able to transfer certain Pokemon over. I always have my Absol with me on every game possible, even if it's post-game. Now I have to hope that someone decides to put Absol in the Pokedex, or I can't do that :(

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2019, 09:13:24 AM »

Good to see it's not just me that's on the fence about these games so far, heh. I dunno, I just can't get excited about it! D: Yamper is pretty cute, though.

I heard something about the Pokedex thing but I didn't really understand it before your post, Harmonie. D: So only a certain amount of Pokemon'll be in the games, then, essentially? Like... if I wanted to transfer, say, a Trubbish in-game, I won't be able to unless it made it onto the Galar Pokedex roster? (doubtful, lol) That sucks! I don't often trade Pokemon up from past games anyway, but it's nice to have the option. I was pretty disappointed when Sun/Moon disabled trading from past games except through Bank (esp. since that was one of the few times I did want to transfer an older Pokemon, lol), but at least that was still better than this. D:

I wonder if it's some kind of hardware limitation or something? I mean there's, what, 800+ Pokemon now, maybe the game just flat-out couldn't handle that many? Keeping in mind shiny forms, gender differences, alt. forms (Castform, Alola forms, etc) more than double that amount, technically... I dunno, idk how this stuff works, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something along those lines... still pretty disappointing, though :/

That's probably what the issue is. Too many.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2019, 09:30:37 AM »

That's probably what the issue is. Too many.

Nope it’s because of the Switch’s memory it can’t handle a lot of Pokemon

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2019, 09:40:24 AM »
Candy Crush has 3590 levels and my 6-year-old Kindle can handle it but we max out the brand new Switch at about 900 Pokemon.  :P  (Yes, I know they're completely different gameplay. I'm just being cheeky.)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:38 AM »
Candy Crush has 3590 levels and my 6-year-old Kindle can handle it but we max out the brand new Switch at about 900 Pokemon.  :P  (Yes, I know they're completely different gameplay. I'm just being cheeky.)

I was cheeky to Nintendo on their instagram page asking them to make a big memory card with all the Pokemon in it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2019, 12:25:33 PM »
I'm not really feeling the new Pokemon designs, they're pretty blah. Especially Duralduron and Rolycoly.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/07/get_ready_to_gigantamax_as_new_pokemon_are_announced_for_sword_and_shield_on_switch

Also, what's the point of having one exclusive gym leader for each?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2019, 04:42:34 PM »
hahahahaha oh my GOD, Gigantamax Alcremie. It's so ridiculous, I think I love it just for that. It's so insane it loops back round to amazing. the normal ver is cute enough, I guess. I don't DISlike it but it doesn't really grab me, either.

Definitely agree w/ you about Duraludon and Rolycoly, though.. Not a fan of those at all.

and yeah, the gym leader thing is super weird, not sure what the idea is there.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2019, 04:05:49 AM »
Scary Gym Leaders  :shocked:

Definitely not buying. That spooky Gym Leader is like that thing I see in my nightmares and now they’re real.  :bolt: :wail:

This one

Online Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2019, 05:38:58 AM »
Not a fan of Allister and Bea (?). Bea looks kinda samey from other characters and Allister, well... we JUST had a child/childlike ghost gym leader in the form of Acerola... and their names both start with "A"!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal