collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield  (Read 46619 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Direct : new Pokemon games! Sword / Shield
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2019, 03:36:57 AM »
I’ve decided to buy a Nintendo Switch, because if Eevee has a new evolution then I’m so getting the game. The console will be used because I’m not shelling out to buy a new one.

Do you think I should either buy Let’s Go Pickachu or Eevee?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2019, 06:00:20 AM »
I’ve decided to buy a Nintendo Switch, because if Eevee has a new evolution then I’m so getting the game. The console will be used because I’m not shelling out to buy a new one.

A new Eevee evolution is not confirmed. We have strong reason to believe it will happen since we've gotten new Eevee evolutions in the even generations so far (and S/S is Generation VIII), but that's just a historical pattern, and those can always change.

It's very likely, I would say, but don't 100% count on it.

I don't really think that LGP/E are worth the money. I could see them being an okay buy for $20 or so, but the full retail price they are marked at is really just too much for them.

Would you play anything other than Pokemon if you got a Switch? Have you had other Nintendo/non Nintendo systems?

|My Collection|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2019, 06:08:10 AM »

A new Eevee evolution is not confirmed. We have strong reason to believe it will happen since we've gotten new Eevee evolutions in the even generations so far (and S/S is Generation VIII), but that's just a historical pattern, and those can always change.

It's very likely, I would say, but don't 100% count on it.

I don't really think that LGP/E are worth the money. I could see them being an okay buy for $20 or so, but the full retail price they are marked at is really just too much for them.

Would you play anything other than Pokemon if you got a Switch? Have you had other Nintendo/non Nintendo systems?

I would play Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Animal Crossing (when it comes out).

Let’s see about consoles

I’ve got PS2,3,and 4
Nintendo Wii (only to play GameCube games and my favourite Wii games)
Nintendo Wii U (getting rid of it but not yet because I want to complete Twilight Princess)
Nintendo 3DS XL
Two Nintendo 2DS XL
X Box One
PlayStation classic (preloaded with games)
Nintendo SNES (preloaded with games)
PS Vita
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 06:09:44 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2019, 07:35:42 AM »

It's a very personal choice.

For me, it was a must have, and I didn't hesitate to pay normal console price to have it on release day. (That said 90% of games I wait on and buy used).

But obviously Harmonie has a very opposite opinion.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2019, 08:24:34 AM »
I would play Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Animal Crossing (when it comes out).

Let’s see about consoles

I’ve got PS2,3,and 4
Nintendo Wii (only to play GameCube games and my favourite Wii games)
Nintendo Wii U (getting rid of it but not yet because I want to complete Twilight Princess)
Nintendo 3DS XL
Two Nintendo 2DS XL
X Box One
PlayStation classic (preloaded with games)
Nintendo SNES (preloaded with games)
PS Vita

I see. You do own a lot of other consoles, which would make me usually advise against rushing to get a Switch. The Switch really doesn't have many games on its own. Most people who get the most out of the Switch never owned a Wii U, for example.

However, if you *really* think you would enjoy the games you listed, and handheld mode might benefit you greatly, then it might be a worthwhile purchase.

It's just, you'd have to pay for online to play Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Splatoon 2 is pretty identical to the original on the Wii U (and is mostly an online game), and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is... well, a Wii U port. It was great fun to play on the Switch, until they made us pay for the online, and thus I stopped playing.

Animal Crossing we still know nothing about. Absolutely nothing.

But only you know whether you'd really enjoy the system or not.

It's a very personal choice.

For me, it was a must have, and I didn't hesitate to pay normal console price to have it on release day. (That said 90% of games I wait on and buy used).

But obviously Harmonie has a very opposite opinion.

I mean, it depends on what you want from a game I guess. LGP/E being an unambitious 2.5D remake of Kanto with only the original 151 Pokemon again very much turned me off. At the very least I just can't see paying $60 for it. It's practically a GB game in HD. Nintendo and GF need to stop overpricing stuff.

I have friends who got the games, and they all talked about how they played it for a few days, beat it, and stopped. There was no challenge or anything to it, they said.

|My Collection|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2019, 08:44:11 AM »
I mean, it depends on what you want from a game I guess. LGP/E being an unambitious 2.5D remake of Kanto with only the original 151 Pokemon again very much turned me off. At the very least I just can't see paying $60 for it. It's practically a GB game in HD. Nintendo and GF need to stop overpricing stuff.

Right.

And for my family it was completely enjoyable. Not all games are for everyone. It was a full game, so I'm unsure why it shouldn't be full price. IIRC no other remake on an newer system was ever discounted. Only emulated games

That's why I said it's a personal decision.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 08:47:22 AM by banditpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2019, 08:59:12 AM »
I wouldn't say there's hardly anything on the Switch Harmonie.

There's  Mario games: Super Mario Oddyssey, Captain Toad, Mario Kart 8, the upcoming Yoshi's Crafted World, the upcoming Luigi's Mansion 3., Smash Bros. Ultimate

Plenty of eshop games.

Inti-create games-Bloodstained Curse of the Moon, all the Gunvolt games and Dragon Marked For Death.

Tons of indie games.

Splatoon 2

Arms

Pokemon Let's Go, Pokken and the upcoming Sword and Shield.

Yooka-laylee

Toejam and Earl 4

Three Mega Man titles, two of which are compilations.

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat

The SNK Legacy Collection

The upcoming Animal Crossing game

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

The upcoming Metroid Prime 4

Bayonetta 2 and  3

I think the new Doom and Wolfenstein

Zelda games-Breath of the Wild and the upcoming Link's Awakening remake.

A flood of Square Enix games.

Shantae

That's all I can think of right now.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 09:11:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2019, 11:03:18 AM »
@Leave a Whisper - I said that the Switch doesn't have a whole lot to offer itself. A whole bunch of the games you mentioned can be purchased on other systems. That's a good thing to know for people who do own multiple systems like bright rabbit 1 and I.

Like for someone else, Breath of the Wild may be their big thing that made them love the Switch... But, I, who already had a Wii U, and played the game on the Wii U, won't be able to agree.

In the two years I've had a Switch, I've only gotten these new games for it: Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Tennis Aces, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Only the first of the three is what I'd call an exceptional title. The Switch has thus, been pretty dry for me.

You've also mentioned some titles that have been announced, but won't be coming out any time soon. Bayonetta 3 is one of those, and Metroid Prime 4 just got an announcement that production on it was restarted with a new team as the original product was not going to be up to par. So Metroid Prime fans may be waiting years.

Anyway, I'm sorry, this isn't really the topic to discuss all of this, is it? >.<

My suggestion to bright rabbit 1 stands: Unless you are super compelled by the titles you mentioned, I would wait. At least until we have more information about Sword/Shield and Animal Crossing.

Right.

And for my family it was completely enjoyable. Not all games are for everyone. It was a full game, so I'm unsure why it shouldn't be full price. IIRC no other remake on an newer system was ever discounted. Only emulated games

That's why I said it's a personal decision.

It's an unambitious remake of a GB game. A GB game that was released for $30. I think the games should be priced accordingly.

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2019, 11:17:31 AM »
So? That's not the same as saying it does not have much at all on it. Just because something is cross- platform doesn't mean it shouldn't count. And I did mention a bunch of Nintendo exclusives, which you conveniently chose to ignore.

Anyway, back OT: When do you think we'll start seeing evos and new region Pokemon?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:23:27 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2019, 11:31:19 AM »
So? That's not the same as saying it does not have much at all on it. Just because something is cross- platform doesn't mean it shouldn't count. And I did mention a bunch of Nintendo exclusives, which you conveniently chose to ignore.

My point is that someone who owns more platforms has had opportunities to play those games before, and thus they might not be interested in playing those on the Switch again. Especially when considering buying a system. Does anyone want to buy a system just to play games they've already played within the last generation?

Anyway, back OT: When do you think we'll start seeing evos and new region Pokemon?

I assume we won't be getting any information this month. In reality they dumped quite a bit of info on us in the first trailer compared to say Sun/Moon where they only showed the titles.

I don't know how likely it is we'll see any information in April. May is probably more likely. I bet the next information drop we get will include some new Pokemon, whenever it is.

|My Collection|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2019, 12:03:53 PM »
With games that have online on them I don’t play the co-op mode because once I did that the player who I was playing with dropped out and I got taken out of the game.

I just hope that Harvest Moon will let you have two children like Animal Parade.

More amiibo for Super Smash Bros.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2019, 12:18:37 PM »
With games that have online on them I don’t play the co-op mode because once I did that the player who I was playing with dropped out and I got taken out of the game.

I just hope that Harvest Moon will let you have two children like Animal Parade.

:) Have you ever tried playing Rune Factory? It's like a spin off of Harvest moon.

You get to have a farm /and/ battle. It's pretty nice because you casually play the game how you want. I ended up liking it a bit better then the HM games since it had a story line to go along with it (although I haven't played HM since a tale of two towns).

Rune Factory 4 will be released on the switch. And in that game you can get married and have a kid. ^_^ https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rune-factory-4-special-switch

There will also be a RF5 in 2020. :P Which quite honestly, if I didn't already own a switch, THAT game would make me buy a switch.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2019, 01:06:52 PM »
I've been hearing good things about Stardew Valley, which is in a similar vein to Harvest Moon.

People do that all the time Harmonie. Rebuying old favorites.

And last I checked Mario games, Bayonetta 2, Zelda games, Pokemon games, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Arms aren't cross-platform.

Plus I've heard something about a new StarFox game in the works.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:12:23 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2019, 01:28:53 PM »

:) Have you ever tried playing Rune Factory? It's like a spin off of Harvest moon.

You get to have a farm /and/ battle. It's pretty nice because you casually play the game how you want. I ended up liking it a bit better then the HM games since it had a story line to go along with it (although I haven't played HM since a tale of two towns).

Rune Factory 4 will be released on the switch. And in that game you can get married and have a kid. ^_^ https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rune-factory-4-special-switch

There will also be a RF5 in 2020. :P Which quite honestly, if I didn't already own a switch, THAT game would make me buy a switch.

Played Rune Factory before, on my 3DS (had to download it). Rune Factory 3 was the game, married the one of the ones who can transform into a creature.

Have you played Story of Season? Only Harvest Moon game I’ve got except for the Wii versions and Back to Nature (Winter Theme in that made me cry).

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2019, 01:42:02 PM »

Played Rune Factory before, on my 3DS (had to download it). Rune Factory 3 was the game, married the one of the ones who can transform into a creature.

Have you played Story of Season? Only Harvest Moon game I’ve got except for the Wii versions and Back to Nature (Winter Theme in that made me cry).

RF4 is pretty similar to RF3 in gameplay and stuff, but the story is a bit better and then you can have a kid. ^^ I dunno, I love taming little woolies and then harvesting their wool. lol

The last HM game I played was HM: A New Beginning.. after that I discovered RF and liked the additional story aspect.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal