collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you collect...  (Read 4176 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Do you collect...
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2012, 10:31:22 PM »
I only collect ponies, accessories, playsets, and merchandise that I actually like. I collect all generations, except for normal G4s due to Hasbro's lack of any quality control at all and brand new ponies already having serious issues, but my favorite is G1. I especially love sea ponies (I'd love to get as many as possible) and baby ponies. I also LOVE baity ponies, and prefer most of my G1s to be tailless. My only limits are space and money, though lately I've been focusing on my doll collection.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »
This is an interesting thread.  ^.^

When I got back into collecting it started with G4s only.

Then some G3s in purple, unicorn, and pegasus. Then it was Styling G3s.

Then any big pony like G1 So Soft Newborns. Then any babies and boys.

I thought I was limiting myself but guess not!  :biggrin:
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 01:08:20 AM »
Just G1's  :)  But I'm a little fussy... there are some sets that just don't do it for me so I tend to stick just to the ones I like. Having said that though, I am generally a set completer collector, so I do own a couple of ponies who if it weren't for the challenge of completing the set, I probably wouldn't have bothered with... Sherbet and Crunchberry... I'm looking at you!!!

I only really have US/UK releases, though I recently started collecting some Italians  :)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 02:13:10 AM »
I only collect my favourite G1s (which is, uh, more than a small number ^.^) All the other G1s I've accumulated I'm trading for the ones I really love! :heart: Better my neglected ponies go to people who want them, than sit lonely in their storage box while my favourites play on the shelves  :P

I really like the G4s every time I see them in stores (sooo cuuute) but so far my restraint has held. (I need that money for Monster High XD)
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline WinterBlossom

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 03:27:07 AM »
I am having to limit myself by price! No pony over £10 is a hard rule to stick to, but I am trying!

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 05:46:08 AM »
I'm the same as a couple of others on here, I collect only G1's but there are certain sets that I tend to avoid. I love most of what I class as the normal ponies but in all honesty the babies and the flutter wings really do absolutely nothing for me. I do have a few babies, grudgingly most from my childhood and I feel bad selling them on!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 05:57:54 AM »
I collect all generations of brushable ponies. I don't care about accessories or blind bags or ponyville. I do collect G1 Plushies, but that is the only generation for those. If I get something MIB, it stays that way.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »
 I just buy whatever ponies I like at the time :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2012, 08:59:48 AM »
I collect all the ponies I like and can afford. =P Which means all gens minus 3.5 (and even a few of them have found their way into the collection). Not into MOCs, and not too into merch either.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »
I have a soft spot for babies, accessories and merchandise.  But I do not limit myself to only that.  I tried but I gave up long ago.  :lol:
Plus I fell in love with the G4's.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
Oh I was thinking of asking this myself. It is interesting to see what people collect and also what they exclude and why.  ^.^

I collect G4 ponies and I'm pretty adamant about getting most all the ponies, with some exceptions:
I don't collect the G4 Shine Brights.
Also with Glimmer Wings I only get ones that are new characters.
I only buy playsets if they include a new pony I don't have yet (my exception being Twilight's balloon which was technically a gift).
I don't really want the Brazilian/Mexican light up McDonalds ponies but I do have the US release ones.
Don't want the So Soft babies and I'm still a little undecided about the talking Celesta's and Cadance but don't have a strong desire for them.
I don't make a point to get re-releases or variants of characters that I already have but so far have been keeping the variants I do end up with because they came in a set with a new pony (ie. ponies in the "walking" pose or ponies with hair variations).
Merch. I buy is kinda random. Pretty much I get it if I think it's really cool and I actually think I'll use it or if it's cheap. I tend to be a sucker for dollar section G4 stuff so I have a lot of coloring books and a few other random things. As for clothing and accessories, I have like 1 G4 shirt, some G4 jewelry and a belt. I also have a G4 backpack. I'd get the TV series DVDs if they came out with full season ones in the US. The important thing for me though is collecting the toys.

Other gen ponies: I think most are super are cute but don't collect the ponies themselves at all. I have a few other gen merch. items though that I got because they were cute and cheap (a few G1 t-shirts and a thrifted G3 plush.)

I'm not really sure why I place the limits I do other than I guess some few of the items just don't interest me so much and I don't feel I want to spend the $ on it and then try to find a place for it.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2012, 04:29:20 PM »
G1's US and Euro (related merch), I have no limits, if it's a G1, it's welcome at my house!
I try to stick with completing sets, but even that is hard to stick with, gotta go with the pony flow...
I occasionally dabble in G3 SLH's/babies/US exclusives.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »
I hoard all generations with the exception of the g3.5 and the ugly diapered g3 babies. *shudder*
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

FriendshipIsWitchcraft975

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2012, 09:06:09 PM »
I NEVER buy G4 ponies by themselves. I get them from playsets, vehicles, etc. I get dupes a lot because of this, so I make customs out of those. I also wouldn't get G3.5s unless they were part of a lot of G1s, 2s, 3s, and/or 4s. I don't buy anything fanmade either (customs or plushies). Too expensive. Finally, I did not and will not get that set of blind bags. I get mine as singular ponies. If I get dupes I give them to my brother or make mini customs. I am going to get the future releases that are sets of blind bags (the crystal empire set, the set that includes accessories, and the sets of three [Apple Family, Clousdale, and Royal Wedding]), though. Besides that I get everything that looks appealing. Playsets, blind bags, buildings, multi-pony sets, electronic ponies, Fashion Style, previous gen ponies/playsets/etc., pretty much anything. I don't really have any merch either, but I might get a few shirts and hoodies in the future.

Dibbles

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »
I just collect whatever I like. I have ponies from every gen. That being said, I don't care for merch, but I do have a North Star T-shirt that I wear.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal