collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about big brothers  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question about big brothers
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 07:31:53 PM »
Not at all; I think it's great they didn't go the stereotypical route and make them "masculine" colors. I wish the G4 line would follow what they did previously! The idea of a color being only appropriate for one gender or another is essentially just made up, so why reinforce something that at best is pointless and at worse encourages misunderstanding and negativity when people don't conform to the expectation?

I agree! For me, the more flexible the colours and genders, the better  ^.^ All possible combinations are wonderful! And my favourite pony baby is my pink boy, Countdown :heart:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
I'm a guy... Pink is my favourite colour, but reflecting back to when I was a kid I must have been super traditional. I wasn't allowed ponies myself, but I made sure they made it onto my sisters Birthday and Christmas wish list;)

I do remember though that I found pink boy ponies really odd when I was little and when I look back at my sisters collection she didn't have any; she had Lightening, Ice Crystal, Daddy Apple Delight, Baby Paws,Tex, Wigwam, and Chief... which is also a bit odd, as we only had the general neutral coloured ponies.... Note none of these were blue either!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 03:51:02 AM »
I love the pink boys!! They are some of my favorites! There's just something about the pink brothers that really speaks to me - maybe it's the fact that they don't have to go over-the-top "manly-man" to be considered boyish? They're not all, "I am a boy pony, with the 'boy' toy mold, and my symbol is a truck, or a sport, or some manly job." And Steamer's like, "Okay, whateva, I'm a train conductor, and my train is purple, like my hat, haters gonna hate."

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(pic from Ponyland Press)

Look. LOOK! That is a blue and purple train. And it has a giant smiley face on it.

I LOVE STEAMER! ;)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »
Look. LOOK! That is a blue and purple train. And it has a giant smiley face on it.

It's CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO!!!

Sorry, Dark Tower flashback.   ;)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 05:03:48 PM »

It's CHARLIE THE CHOO-CHOO!!!

Sorry, Dark Tower flashback.   ;)

O_O DO NOT WANT!! :yikes:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 05:11:47 PM »
I love the pink boys!! They are some of my favorites! There's just something about the pink brothers that really speaks to me - maybe it's the fact that they don't have to go over-the-top "manly-man" to be considered boyish? They're not all, "I am a boy pony, with the 'boy' toy mold, and my symbol is a truck, or a sport, or some manly job." And Steamer's like, "Okay, whateva, I'm a train conductor, and my train is purple, like my hat, haters gonna hate."

(pic from Ponyland Press)

I LOVE STEAMER! ;)

Can I just say I really want that coloring book?  :D

As for the colors. . .  I :heart: the fact that the boys come in pink.  Because I don't believe colors should be given a gender.  Boys can like pink and girls can like blue and I don't think it should matter one way or the other.

(And personally, I really like Slugger, who's lilac colored.)  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 06:06:30 PM »
I never thought about that, but I wonder if maybe it was because purely an aesthetic choice. So they had a variety of colors.

If you look at the video episode in which they were introduced (and then never seen/heard from again, touche Hasbro!), they're definitely the same colors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8H04APl9s

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal