collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yay for ebay seller protection! Finally it is getting better :)  (Read 728 times)

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Yay for ebay seller protection! Finally it is getting better :)
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:38:48 AM »
So I have to say that usually when there is an ebay problem the buyer can pretty much get their way no matter what...until the seller protection got revised bwahaha! I sold a very expensive MIB doll from the 1990's on ebay, buyer gets it and de-boxes it and then contacts me saying there was a black smudge on the dolls foot and on the bottle and she wants a $10 refund minimum. I inspected the doll through the window and from what I could see she was flawless, box was a bit faded and worn. So I tell her that I would be happy to take the doll back and give her a full refund upon return even though she opened the box just to be nice....she messages me back and says no, the doll is mine, she is rare and I am keeping her but I want a $20 refund for the black marks. She sends me pictures and the doll literally had dust rubbed on both feet, hands and had fingerprints in dust on the arm and leg lol...why some one who go to that extent to get a partial refund because of buyers remorse is beyond me! :nuts: So I just told her I am really sorry but I have pictures proving she did not look like that. Nothing is heard from her until a week later and BOOM there is the negative feedback! So I called ebay, they review everything and remove the negative feedback with in 15 minutes of her leaving it :) FINALLY there is more protection for sellers from buyers that pull crap like this because they feel they spent too much money ;) Feeling so relieved  :dance2:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Yay for ebay seller protection! Finally it is getting better :)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:41:44 AM »
That's awesome blondee! Thank goodness the system is finally working in favor of the seller. It has gone on far to long with buyers trying to screw over sellers.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 06:47:02 AM »
Amen! It felt so good to not have to bend over backwards to refund a scammer who doesn't deserve it just to protect my feedback, this is a change that has been needed for a long time and I am sooo grateful that they are finally hearing our complaints and doing something about it :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
That's great news! I'm always surprised when ebay does the right thing which is kinda sad :blink:
My Wish List

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »
Lol, what the..?

Im glad ebay fixed it. :)

Thank you :heart:

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 06:36:59 PM »
Sorry to hear that you had a crummy buyer, relieved to know that ebay was able to correct that issue for you  though :) It's about time that sellers got more protection.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:33:39 PM »
Its about time we heard of ebay doing something right! :bigups:  I'm really happy they sided with you :hug: . What a rotten buyer!

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 02:59:20 AM »
Thanks guys! I have to say I was a bit shocked myself, eBay is not known for doing the right thing for sellers after all lol, I think they got tired of all the sellers complaints and finally decided to make things a little more fair. I mean it is still a buyers being pampered site but at least when something is quite obviously a scam they will finally side with us sellers.

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »
WOW I am surprised, maybe there is hope afterall... I run into some really crazy buyers sometimes, and many of them are quick to leave a negative. I guess in hopes that theyll get money back but thats pretty silly, once they neg why would you want to give any $$ back? lol

Offline blondee1982

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 03:44:04 PM »
No kidding right?? She just left a negative because she didn't get to scam me lol...poor thing, maybe she will think twice before she tries to pull that crap again! ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal