collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 34324 times)

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2013, 12:50:16 PM »
Stands too!!!!!!  Wow!  Way to go Mattel!

I went hunting today.  Still no Catrine:(  Finally got to see A swim doll in person, a Lala.  I didn't buy her though, I want one with LOTSA pink in her hair:)  Still had that one Ice/Blob pack with the sub-par lip screening kicking around.

I guess it was for the best.  I wound up spending a bunch of money on stuff for my apartment.  Not to mention the $1000 I spent on new appliances the other day -_-  Getting divorced is expensive :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
I wonder why nearly every single Lagoona after wave 2/Mad Science has been underwhelming to me. >_< She used to be one of my favorites but now I just don't feel her, y'know? It isn't necessarily her outfits I'm feeling this way towards but rather her makeup/hairstyles. I do think the new swim line Lagoona is really nice, so maybe that is my way back to feeling the Lagoona love.

GNO Rochelle has on some pretty clothes, but I think I prefer her with bangs. :D

As of right now, Skull Shores Lagoona is my favorite. I haven't really liked any of the newer versions of her. But it does make it easier for me to stick to my one doll per character rule at least.

With Rochelle, the main reason I want GNO Rochelle is because she doesn't have bangs. As much as I love my Scaris Rochelle, I can't take any good pics of her because my camera keeps focusing on her bangs and her face will be blurry. I'd thought of straightening them out, but then they'd cover her eyes, so I just leave them how they are. I'll just end up selling her once I get GNO Rochelle.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2013, 01:19:24 PM »
OK, so my TRU lowered the two-pack to €29.99.. maybe the first price was a mistake dunno. xD
Anyways, I could not resist even tho I'm not a fan of the dolls.. The clothes are fab!
Goona's dress is two layered parts as shown.

Also: Good news for stand-fans! The pack includes two black stands! :>

If anyone wants to know anything specific, I'm glad to share info. ^^

Zapper: The first packs did not look so good - But the bunch they got in today (about 10 more) all looked pretty decent. None were perfect, but none were terrible either (unlike the werecats) -  And I have insanely high standarts. LOL. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :>

15€ for a doll + stand and new molds + a second pair of old-mold shoes! That's what I call a deal =)
I hope no one bought them for the "old" price just to see that the next day they got 10€ cheaper.

Oof, I hope they're not giving me one of the bad-looking type. I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to face-ups, but I hate it when there's something wrong with the eyes I can't fix anymore. For example, when one is visibly bigger or higher/lower than the other one.

You should post photos! I can't stop looking at the ones that have already been posted on flickr. I get this urge every time I have fallen in love with a new doll - need to look at as many photos as possible, see the doll from all angles, haha!
Like, I'm really interested in how their hair looks from behind.

Will you keep your Cleo? I think you said you weren't crazy about her and only buying for 'Goona *g*
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:23:21 PM by Zapper »

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »
I'm not sure 'bout Cleo. I'll definitely will be keeping her clothes for they are pretty. Not sure how much I'd get for a nude doll and if that is worth selling for me. Maybe I'll use her for a custom, but right now she's staying.
(one of her pupils is a wee bit larger than the other and her lips have some dust stuck in the paint - I was making sure that Goona was as perfect as possible so I didn't care for Cleo's flaws as much.. but that may further lower her value. :7)

Will take pics of their back for you. ^^

Post Merge: February 25, 2013, 01:37:47 PM

PS: Those who bought them for €40 most likely sold them for €70-€80 on ebay! INSANE!
If germany starts to get releases first now, tho.. that might be a way to acquire dolly-funds. LOL. ..after all those auctions started at €1 and the dolls are plentiful in stores!!!!! Crazy bidders.... x-x;

Post Merge: February 25, 2013, 02:31:02 PM

OK. It's almost midnight on a monday here, thus there is no light and I am tired.. xD;
So please excuse the crappy quality of these. :c

Spoiler

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Everything that comes in the box. The two paper-bags aren't the best quality, really. Mine came out with kinks and rubs.. but hey, they're paper and meant for heavy shopping, so maybe it's to be expected that they look a little worn. xD;

TWO STANDS.. hidden on the side/bottom. I did not see them at all before opening, so it was a pleasant surprise. ^^

The cards.
Honestly? They could have done a better job with these.. especially Goona's. Cleo's looks semi-ok, but both kinda look like someone accidently took a pic while already lowering the camera or something. ..but maybe that was the look they were going for? Teenager Trip to Scaris ruined Snapshots? :O IDK.
Still not a fan, but I don't care for the cards so it's fine with me. LOL.

For Zapper: Dolls from the side/back. They're unstyled since I just took them out and both have terrible box hair! Goona has that gluey gel all over her hair, Cleo has it in the bangs. I need to give them a wash but probably won't have time for that before the weekend. Boo! :,C
Hopefully this will give you an idea still - despite all the lazyness on my part.. XD

Spoiler
Lagoona:

Cleo:

P.S.: For those who still care: Those dolls are MADE IN CHINA.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:39:54 PM by Fräulein_Kim »

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »
Wow Fräulein_Kim! Congrats on those pretties <3 And thank you for posting pics :D
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »
Wow Fräulein_Kim! Congrats on those pretties <3 And thank you for posting pics :D

You guys are welcome. It actually feels funny to own something of interest. LOL. Usually we were like months behind with the releases. ;>

I have a big job that needs to be finished by thursday, so I don't have much time to style dolls or set up the DSLR-Cam, but I hope I get to play with them on saturday or sunday. ^^
Now that I have them in hand I have to admit liking them better then when I first saw them in store last week. Cleo still looks a bit clashing to me with her orange lips and teal eyeshadow, and Goona is basically the same as her SS release (but with prettier hair IMO), but they start to grow on me now. OH NO! xD

However, it's still the clothes that made me buy this. They're REALLY pretty - All of them. :>

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2013, 03:24:27 PM »
Thank you so much, Kimmy! :hug:
Wow, that hair is... something. I'm looking forward to styling it! I like how Cleo's varies in lenght without looking too chopped.

I actually like Cleo's clashing colors. I feel the same towards Operetta. Maybe I have a thing for odd color combinations? *g*
I think it makes the colors pop and especially for Cleo this kind of look really pleases me.
Her PD outfit already looked more daring than usual, just went into a really negative direction (in my opinion). It was too blue, too mix and match "boring" for me. Now this one is really loud, but also just... works XD

I'm crazy for this Cleo and I already have some ideas on how to tweak her outfit in a way that will make her look even more like a ruler of Ancient Egypt. I found some white silk leftovers, hehe...

As for the skyrocketing prices on ebay: I don't get it either, but it gives me hope that I could resell a bad face-up for more than I paid for it *evil laugh*

PS: Good luck and happy working ;)

Lilac-Mint

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »
Oh Kim I'm so jealous! They are absouletly gorgeous and now I totally need them! Thanks for posting the pictures!  :yippee:

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2013, 05:40:17 PM »
Have the Scaris 2 packs been found in the US yet?
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Dorriebelle

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »
Have the Scaris 2 packs been found in the US yet?
Our TRU (Central Oklahoma) had the 'Scaris 2-PK' shelf  tag decorated with a green sticker with '2/25' written on it - under a completely empty shelf. When I asked, she said they didn't come in the last truck, but they're expected Thursday. I could call and they'd hold one for me then. So, here's hoping.

Ours didn't have crap. Not even Swim dolls. But I finally got a Catrine from the nearby Mal-Wart !

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »
Kim, you just totally just sold me on the Scaris duo!  That Cleo is just beautiful. Dang, I was hoping to avoid buying this set.

On the upside...I'm getting 2 Clawds:)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2013, 06:07:34 PM »
I don't think the Swim dolls will be available at TRU, or Walmart, or Target.  Their availablity will be similar to DT2 so where ever you found those dolls is where should keep an eye out for Swim.  I've seen them at Kmart, and I hope to see them at Meijer.  I saw DT2 at JCP, so that might be an option for the Swim dolls as well.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2013, 06:11:51 PM »
The Swim dolls will be available at smaller chain stores like Meijer (midwest store), Kroger, JCP, Kohl's, Barnes and Noble and Justice.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »

On the upside...I'm getting 2 Clawds:)

Congrats! I am super jealous. :P   I am hoping he'll be re-released in the US eventually. I'd like to get one of each boy, but he's the one I love the most. I love his character in the show.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2013, 07:41:05 PM »
Stands too!!!!!!  Wow!  Way to go Mattel!

I went hunting today.  Still no Catrine:(  Finally got to see A swim doll in person, a Lala.  I didn't buy her though, I want one with LOTSA pink in her hair:)  Still had that one Ice/Blob pack with the sub-par lip screening kicking around.

I guess it was for the best.  I wound up spending a bunch of money on stuff for my apartment.  Not to mention the $1000 I spent on new appliances the other day -_-  Getting divorced is expensive :lol:

kitter, I've seen several Catrines around here. I can grab one for you if you'd like. :) The only thing I can't find is Deuce! I had to give in and buy him from a scalper. It sucks, but it was so frustrating seeing 12 basic Scaris dolls and not a single Deuce. :|

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal