collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The hunt for caterine and the scalpers in my town :(  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The hunt for caterine and the scalpers in my town :(
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »
Nova I've seen plenty here! There were none at the Walmart near my house this evening, but I'm going to a different one near work tomorrow at lunch. If they have any, I'll grab one for you, no problem. After all, you've helped me get several of my dolls!! :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »
I even get annoyed when I see posts from members here proudly stating that they bought ALL the dolls. Don't do that. It's a butt move. Even if you're selling at retail it still knocks everyone in your area out of accessible dolls, and then they turn to eBay and support scalpers. I'm still seeing Catrine regularly on the shelves here. I think she'll be all over the shelves as soon as this crazy doll hoarding stops.  I hope you get her, Nova.

Well, why not? I picked up all 6 Catrines from my Walmart and sent them to friends on here and to friends and family overseas. Are you saying I should leave some just to be nice to strangers, while my friends don't get any?

I for one am very grateful Karin that you've helped me out with hard to find dolls!   

I see nothing wrong with helping out your friends or family and do not think it is a "butt" move.  I'd certainly rather help out my friends than the scalper that will get there 15 minutes later.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »
i live in the central valley and haven't found her.....tho admittedly I didn't look very hard.
I ended up getting her from a friend for my birthday.

hopefully you will find her soon. I find that once the "new" wears off, they show up a lot more

DGRequiem

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »
I just wish they made more of the g*ddamn dolls so none of this would be necessary!  It's not like they don't KNOW that they'll sell *cof*cupid*cof*

Offline Echo_Shell

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • De Omnibus Dubitandem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 03:34:10 PM »
Plenty here.  There was a period of time where it seemed everyone was getting them and we started getting nervous that someone must have gotten ours, but since discovering them there have been 3 - 6 on the shelf at any time at every Walmart we have access to.  Patience.  There really are plenty.  Moreover, the ebayers are saturating the market.  It will not be long before even they are forced to lower their prices or eat the cost.  Experienced all this the hard way multiple times with Monster High and Transformers figures.  Just as soon as you give up (or spend more than is wise) they'll be everywhere.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »
I thought that about Gil- but it turns out he really was gone forever.  Then I heard he was being re-released- but never saw him during that release either...

I guess that's the fear-  the one time you don't go out of your way to get a doll will be the one time that there won't in fact be enough...

Blitzn

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:12 PM »
I expect she will be like CA Cupid. She'll flood the shelves in the near future

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 04:17:13 PM »
I feel that I have no scalpers in my area. I live out in in what would be the boonies to some. All three of the Wal-Marts nearby have always had the sought after current dolls with plenty left on the shelves. I've found plenty of Catrines at two of my local Wal-Marts. I noticed that it's when I get close to the city of St. Louis that it's harder to find things. I see people on Craigslist trying to sell the werecat 3 pack for $80 or Catrine for $40. I guess all the scalpers live there.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Novavelle

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 04:49:05 PM »
well I rarely shop at walmart as it is (can't stand the place) cause around here they are always thrashed and the people that work there generally haven't been that helpful for me.... plus I work from 8-5 so I can't be at the store when they open, I just wanted to vent, I'll keep looking.

bscfan82

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 06:53:41 PM »
It's the same here in Indiana though, I can find most of the dolls, but "rare or Exclusives" go off the shelves like crazy, I've only seen one Scaris Deuce in store and he's not been spotted since, and rollermaze Clawdeen is nowhere to be found but I see Abbey everywhere. I am not going to pay $100 for a $13 doll.....that's ridiculous!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 08:29:49 PM »
well I am guilty of picking up lots of extras, but I always offer them here... but this person has them marked up on ebay... that's not cool... And my friend needs one too so I'm trying to find them reasonable for both of us. It just ticks me off..

And I'm in the central valley

There are 12 coming in to my local walmart in the next week or 2 if you want me to pick some up...

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
i found mine after they brought out the pallets. about 1 am. my friend said when she stopped by at 5am the box was still on the pallet.

i'm kinda a brash person. so i just asked them to take some out for me to look through. and put the box back when i was done. could have bought them all, but wasn't even sure i wanted the one at the time. all gone now though.
in a few more weeks the shelves will be flooded with them.

Offline elliptacolore

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 08:54:40 PM »
I feel that I have no scalpers in my area. I live out in in what would be the boonies to some. All three of the Wal-Marts nearby have always had the sought after current dolls with plenty left on the shelves. I've found plenty of Catrines at two of my local Wal-Marts. I noticed that it's when I get close to the city of St. Louis that it's harder to find things. I see people on Craigslist trying to sell the werecat 3 pack for $80 or Catrine for $40. I guess all the scalpers live there.

I think you have the nail on the head there :p. I almost never see ANYTHING shelf warm here.

One week I went to tru on a Tuesday there were something like 25 Robecca's I went back on Friday 0. 

There has to be either some insane scalping here or the dolls are super crazy extra popular.
Pokemon Friend code!

Ellipsis 4742-4669-1315

My Safari is Steel.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 09:06:30 PM »
I get rather jealous of all you peeps who can find dolls on craigslist.. The only one that has been in my area is someone trying to sell the scarah/hoodue set...

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
The hunt for caterine and the scalpers in my town :(
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 09:40:34 PM »
Maniah I need one for customizing if you want to pick her up for me.
I don't need her box. :)
Let me know hun I can't find her.

Novavelle I hope you find her.

If she is still there in the morning, I'll grab her for you :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal