collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A quick question regarding tracking  (Read 405 times)

Tancho

• Trade Count: (0)
A quick question regarding tracking
« on: January 08, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
Hi all.

I brought something from eBay on the 3rd Jan.  I'm not expecting it yet being in the UK but when I check the tracking given it shows as "Electronic Shipping Info Received" on the 3rd but nothing since.  Now I know that tracking can be a bit sketchy but I was lead to believe that the statement above means that they've purchased the postage online, not neccessarily posted the item? 
I'm a little edgy about it because they said "guaranteed next day postage", I purchased the item on the 31st Dec, and whilst i'm not expecting someone to be going out to the post office on New Years Eve or New Years Day if their post office is open I would have thought that maybe the next day as they "guaranteed" it as next day, and since I purchased they've had 6 negatives left on eBay!

So does the above look like they haven't posted the item?  I guess the best thing would probably be to contact them directly but I don't want to seem pushy if it's just me mis-reading what the USPS website says.

Thanks!

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
Re: A quick question regarding tracking
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »
Yep, just send them a message to check on the status. Hopefully they are not scamming or anything and since they've purchased postage it seems like they were prepared to ship your package but they may have had some kind of family emergency or something and not be back up to speed. With 6 negs left though that does not look good but try contact first and hopefully there is a legit reason that it's not showing as being dropped of for shipping. There are times when something doesn't get scanned too so it may actually be in the mail to you already and just not be showing on the site. With the negs though if you don't receive any response from them after you send a message I would probably open up a dispute maybe after the 14th or 15th just to see if that gets any type of response from them, plus if they are scamming then you'll be on your way to getting your money back quicker.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 12:59:01 PM »
Emery is right, I would send them a message inquiring to when it will be shipped or if it has been shipped. Because you are correct  "Electronic Shipping Info Received" only means they printed your postage online.  It has not yet be accepted at the Post Office.  And if they wait any longer the PO will not accept a stamp date from that late, if they have not already waited to long.

She is also correct in saying if you do not receive an answer a dispute is going to be your safest option.  Especially if they are going down in a sea of red at the moment.  It's better to be safe than sorry.

:hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Tancho

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 02:24:22 PM »
Thank you both so much for the advice :)
I have just politely messaged them through eBay now asking for a status update. I'm feeling more uneasy now though as two recent negatives say "lied about shipping" and "item never received", so not sounding very promising!  :huh:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »
*crosses fingers* for you.  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 02:58:55 AM »
Lookslike you already got some great advice here  , and I really hope that everything works out ok for you :hug:  I dont blame you for being nervous though! you should definitely have received the item by now,  so if there has been no response, and if you still havent received it, and  the seller is getting a ton of negs , then I would open that case ASAP.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Tancho

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »
Thank you :)
Well they replied pretty much straight after I contacted them. They basically said that they definitely shipped the item but looked online too and agreed it didn't appear to be scanned. They have said they will send another one out to me in the next couple of days, after checking with the post office. I'm just still a little suspicious after the negs that say "lied about postage". Hope it's just my cynical mind!!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 04:13:38 AM »
I'm glad to hear they responded :)  It doesnt hurt to be suspicious these days though.  Lets see if they send you something this time. 
Hmm.. about their other negs...well, either they did lie about postage or someone at the PO took off with the parcels... unfortunately there has been a lot of that in the Uk lately too. I saw something in the newspaper the other day about Posties stealing parcels and letters etc again  :yikes: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal