collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A problem with a partial trade here  (Read 576 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
A problem with a partial trade here
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »
I've got a problem with a trade here at the Arena, and I could use some advice.  It's was supposed to be a partial trade, two of my ponies for one of another member's ponies plus money via paypal.  One of my ponies was a mail order G1, and I was hoping to have the money before Christmas.

We were working out a trade in early December.  I asked if this arrangement would work (their pony's value would be taken off the price of mine) on Dec 5th, and on the 8th I got a reply saying yes, and that they had already mailed their pony, but they needed a couple days to pay.  I put my ponies on hold.

So that was the last I heard from them.  They were supposed to pay by the 13th of December.  My PMs have been read but not responded to.  I was hoping to get the money for the pony I was selling before Christmas (I wouldn't have agreed to this if I had known it would take this long), but I figured maybe they were just busy with the holidays or a family emergency came up.

Here's the kicker.  Now I'm seeing posts by them about buying other things for way more than what they owe me.  It seems like they aren't interested anymore.  I would write this trade off, and sell my MO pony to the next in line, except that there may or may not be a pony from them in the mail.  They said they sent it on the 8th of December, but I'm not sure how it was mailed.

I guess what's bothering me most is that they are acitve, but ignoring me, and meanwhile I can't sell this pony.  So now what do I do? 

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: A problem with a partial trade here
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
Perhaps get a mod involved so they can be an inbetweener for the both of you with contact or at least give her a nudge to see what's going on.

Offline Tiggums6

• Valkyrie of the Victory
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 10:47:52 PM »
This would worry me too
Remember kids....don't drink and ebay...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 08:44:51 AM »
Well, you've done the most important first step:  brought the issue to TS.  Now hopefully the mods can help you out! 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:24:38 AM »
I think that if I were in your shoes, at this point I would just consider the trade canceled and sell my pony to someone else. If their pony did show up, I would either return it to them, or pay them the price of the pony. I would PM them first asking what they would want me to do, but that I need a reply by a set date, or I will just assume it abandoned and keep it. That ought to be enough to get them to reply.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal