collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Complete - THANK YOU EVERYONE!  (Read 51848 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Lets Get Shopping! Check in via PM please :)
« Reply #1995 on: September 21, 2012, 04:33:38 AM »
I've done Clones' Little Swap before and I'm in her Little Army Swap right now!  It's so fun, but very difficult trying to cram everything into a tiny box!

I literally can't wait for my partner to get my box:).  I am so excited!!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 21, 2012, 04:49:31 AM »
I'm pretty excited that I haven't gotten my box yet. It's giving me something awesome to look forward to. :)  Maybe it will arrived after a bad day of work and cheer me up. I've been having lots of bad news lately and ponies may sooth that, haha!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 21, 2012, 05:03:12 AM »
I'm pretty excited that I haven't gotten my box yet. It's giving me something awesome to look forward to. :)  Maybe it will arrived after a bad day of work and cheer me up. I've been having lots of bad news lately and ponies may sooth that, haha!

I'm glad we can encourage one another with our swap boxes, especially after all the drama that has been going on in our little group.  Deaths of pets, sickness, work issues, bad news in general.... it can all get so overwhelming and depressing.  It has been nice to see the boxes come in and how they've really made someone's day. 

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 21, 2012, 05:07:49 AM »
Lovely teasers songtosis, Jupiter and Babushka!  Such lovely boxes and brags! 

I still can't get over how active, caring and involved everyone has been in this swap.  I've never been in one like it.  I really don't want it to end!  If people wanted, I'd love to host a wish list swap in the spring. 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 21, 2012, 05:39:55 AM »

I'm glad we can encourage one another with our swap boxes, especially after all the drama that has been going on in our little group.  Deaths of pets, sickness, work issues, bad news in general.... it can all get so overwhelming and depressing.  It has been nice to see the boxes come in and how they've really made someone's day. 

Indeed. My issue isn't as drastic as others. My problems cannot nearly compare to losing a pet because that's simply heart-breaking. But mine is a work issue. Been trying to find work closer to home for a year now. I work at a hospital and there is another hospital under the same name that is ten minutes from my house. The one I drive to takes over an hour and is in dangerous traffic. I'm tired of spending ten hours a week on the road just for work, and spending over $100 in gas. A fourth of a tank of gas could get me to work for two days or more at the hospital closer to me. Well, recently they needed help in at their switchboard and I'm already trained. I started  yesterday working as a temp there. Everyone was thinking it's guaranteed they'll take me on since they have three people out sick on extended leave. I spoke to the manager yesterday and he said it would hire me on the spot, but the higher-ups won't let him hire anyone else. I have had MANY interviews in the last year when putting in transfer requests for them but had no luck. This time it's a real slap in the face that I'm going to be working there for a bit, then kicked out. I seriously had to keep myself from bursting into tears when he told me the news. Maybe a miracle will happen and one of those out won't come back (at the same time, I hate wishing misfortune on another, however). But with the way my luck is, I don't think that will happen. Words cannot describe how frustrated I am with the whole situation. I should be grateful I have a job and am, but I just want closer to home to save money and time. Plus, I am already falling in love with the atmosphere and coworkers there. I will cry when I have to leave. I know it. It sucks. XD

Okay, I didn't mean for that to be so long! I am sure the ponies in my box will cheer me up immensely. Ponies have a great way of doing that, ya know!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 21, 2012, 06:28:43 AM »
Wow, Jupiter! So many packages and soooo pretty! I love all that wrapping paper :lovey: So shiny and pretty! I seriously want to go out and buy wrapping paper!!!! I have tons of Christmas, but I need a nice stock pile for swaps :D

You and I think so alike!!  The bad thing is, I am really into recycling and so I often save and reuse paper.  But then I see something like Jupiter's wrapping and Michelle's and Sterns wrapping and even the cherries you sent me and even the skulls, and I just want to go out and buy new papers!!

I used a lot of tissue paper this time in my wrapping because it seemed to fit pony shapes best.  But now I want to go and get something sparkly! 

Post Merge: September 21, 2012, 06:51:13 AM

Lovely teasers songtosis, Jupiter and Babushka!  Such lovely boxes and brags! 

I still can't get over how active, caring and involved everyone has been in this swap.  I've never been in one like it.  I really don't want it to end!  If people wanted, I'd love to host a wish list swap in the spring.

I'd love to do one again if you host it!  The small box sounds fun too.  Anything really if it is like this one is!  I really do love everyone here.  I have never been in such a caring community before. 

Indeed. My issue isn't as drastic as others. My problems cannot nearly compare to losing a pet because that's simply heart-breaking. But mine is a work issue. Been trying to find work closer to home for a year now. I work at a hospital and there is another hospital under the same name that is ten minutes from my house. The one I drive to takes over an hour and is in dangerous traffic. I'm tired of spending ten hours a week on the road just for work, and spending over $100 in gas. A fourth of a tank of gas could get me to work for two days or more at the hospital closer to me. Well, recently they needed help in at their switchboard and I'm already trained. I started  yesterday working as a temp there. Everyone was thinking it's guaranteed they'll take me on since they have three people out sick on extended leave. I spoke to the manager yesterday and he said it would hire me on the spot, but the higher-ups won't let him hire anyone else. I have had MANY interviews in the last year when putting in transfer requests for them but had no luck. This time it's a real slap in the face that I'm going to be working there for a bit, then kicked out. I seriously had to keep myself from bursting into tears when he told me the news. Maybe a miracle will happen and one of those out won't come back (at the same time, I hate wishing misfortune on another, however). But with the way my luck is, I don't think that will happen. Words cannot describe how frustrated I am with the whole situation. I should be grateful I have a job and am, but I just want closer to home to save money and time. Plus, I am already falling in love with the atmosphere and coworkers there. I will cry when I have to leave. I know it. It sucks. XD

Okay, I didn't mean for that to be so long! I am sure the ponies in my box will cheer me up immensely. Ponies have a great way of doing that, ya know!

I'm sorry it sounds like everyone is having such bad luck lately.  I wish things would just be bright and sunny for everyone always.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:51:13 AM by Marigold »

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2001 on: September 21, 2012, 07:05:34 AM »
I sent my partner's package yesterday! I'm so nervous! >.< I really hope they like everything. Thankfully this weekend is my wedding so I have that to distract me!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 21, 2012, 07:07:12 AM »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!  My partners package is out for delivery today!  I am so excited, I hope they like everything:)

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 21, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »
I sent my partner's package yesterday! I'm so nervous! >.< I really hope they like everything. Thankfully this weekend is my wedding so I have that to distract me!

As in you're getting married??  Congratulations!!  I'm surprised you've had time for the arena at all what with your wedding to plan and prepare for.  :blink: I hope the wedding is spectacular, and that your marriage is even better.  ^.^ Relax and have fun -- yay!!!
 :happy:

~Pony Wish List~

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 21, 2012, 07:13:55 AM »

As in you're getting married??  Congratulations!!  I'm surprised you've had time for the arena at all what with your wedding to plan and prepare for.  :blink: I hope the wedding is spectacular, and that your marriage is even better.  ^.^ Relax and have fun -- yay!!!
 :happy:

Thanks so much!  My husband to be is from England so this is just the courthouse ceremony. We're just having a little family get together afterward. The huge party is going to be next year so we can give his family time to save up for plane tickets, but we need to get this out of the way for the purposes of his Visa. :) But this is the wedding that will see us wedded legally, on paper. :frolic: :frolic:

So excited!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 21, 2012, 07:29:25 AM »
Awwwwww Reanna!!!  Congrats so much!!

Throws tons of rice at Reanna:)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 21, 2012, 07:36:57 AM »
Oh congrats Reanna! I hope you have a lovely time.
Also these are some adorable teasers guys. I think they look great.

I want to join in everyone's comments about this being a lovely swap. It's my first one, and I've truly enjoyed how kind and caring everyone is. I've had a great time getting to know you. I know I'll miss you guys when this is over...even if you are right here. :blush: :yikes:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 21, 2012, 08:04:16 AM »

Thanks so much!  My husband to be is from England so this is just the courthouse ceremony. We're just having a little family get together afterward. The huge party is going to be next year so we can give his family time to save up for plane tickets, but we need to get this out of the way for the purposes of his Visa. :) But this is the wedding that will see us wedded legally, on paper. :frolic: :frolic:

So excited!

Fantastic!  Are you going on a honeymoon or waiting until after the big celebration with his family?

~Pony Wish List~

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 21, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »
Congrats Reanna!!!! 
I will miss you guys too once this is over :)  Coming here always perks me up. 

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 21, 2012, 08:34:47 AM »

So excited!

Fantastic!  Are you going on a honeymoon or waiting until after the big celebration with his family?

Money's a bit tight, so we can't do a whole lot to celebrate at the moment. :) Probably we'll save up for something special next year! Since my fiance's family can't be here, we're having today be somewhat low key (while still being a very special day, of course) and concentrating most of our planning on next year's party.
Thanks for your well wishes everyone! I feel so lucky to know you guys!

I've had a lot of fun in this thread too-- all of you guys have been so much fun, and made my first swap a super special one! I must admit that I'm already hooked on swaps and it probably won't be long before I sign up for another!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal