collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Complete - THANK YOU EVERYONE!  (Read 51805 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: ~~ Make A Wish (List) Swap ~~ Lets Get Shopping! All Questions in 1st Post
« Reply #1065 on: August 12, 2012, 06:50:27 PM »
I won two ponies on eBay for my partner and stayed within the budget. They are both lovely!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 12, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »
Would you guys be upset to get a box with many ponies, but not a lot of extras since money was funded into buying ponies?
I wouldn't be upset at all :)

I hate cigarette smell, but I would still accept the smoky ponies into my herd :) I'd just try to find a way to get the yucky smell off XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

gargoylekitty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1067 on: August 12, 2012, 06:54:01 PM »
Would you guys be upset to get a box with many ponies, but not a lot of extras since money was funded into buying ponies?
Nope! I mean, I'm here cause I like ponies. ;p

Won two for my partner! Hope they're better in person than the last ones.

Will you still accept them into your herd?

Sure(after airing them out or something lol), though I would humbly request, granted I'm sure one would think of this already, that they definitely be sealed in plastic or something to keep the smell from infecting anything else in the box.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:59:09 PM by gargoylekitty »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 12, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
About the cigarette smell, I can deal with it. It's gross, but yet I smoke too. I'm not a heavy smoker but I have maybe five or so cigs a day.
My Wishlist

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 12, 2012, 08:17:13 PM »
I agree with many of the others.  I'd be okay with poor, smoky ponies so long as they're sealed away from everything else and I was warned.  I got a swap box once in which everything smelled like moldy basement.  I was so disappointed.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 12, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »
That would be disappointing, RedLynx. :(   I'd rather have a smoke smell than basement smell. Nothing is more off-putting than a pony that smells like a breeding ground for mold spores and muck.

I bought a GORGEOUS G1 Baby Princess Sparkle from eBay several months ago. I'm talking MINT condition. The auction mentioned nothing about how she reeked of mildew odors. 
But recently, I picked up and sniffed her again and the smell is totally gone! So that's a relief.
My Wishlist

Babushka

« Reply #1071 on: August 12, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »

It would not bother me either way!

Smoke-smell ponies?

I am really sorry, but I cannot take them. They will make me sick. If you can get most of the smell off and ship them sealed, I could have my husband de-odorize them.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 12, 2012, 08:42:22 PM »
I recently bought a new AJ that smells of smoke, but I was warned about it and have her isolated ready for extreme scrubbing. :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Daiyuflower

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 12, 2012, 08:51:15 PM »
That's fine with me :)  I'm sure I will love whatever I get!

Smoke Smells?
No smoke smells for me please, or mildew odors.  Sorry, but yucky smells are one of the flaws I just can't handle >_<
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:24:37 PM by Daiyuflower »

cesprins

« Reply #1074 on: August 12, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »
All ponies are fine with me. :)

I prefer non-smoke smelling ponies. I think seperating them from the others would be best though so the smell doesn't stick to them as well. Usually smoke smell airs out though after awhile if you leave them by an open window.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 13, 2012, 01:40:08 PM »
Wow, this thread is getting so long!! :biggrin:

Smokey ponies?
I don't like smokey ponies, but it is something that can be fixed so I don't mind. Probably best to keep them wrapped up and separate.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 13, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »
Got another pony for my partner today.  Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many ponies is typical per swap box?  On the one hand I am more than confident my partner will be over the moon with their box from me; on the other hand, I'm worried they will disappointed in the lack of ponies and/or the particular ones I chose.  There are way too many things on their wishlist that they won't be getting from me. :/

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

Sternenstaub

« Reply #1077 on: August 13, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
Smokey ponies?
I'm not a fan of smoke smells...but I can live with it - because it's  a flaw you easy fix -so no worries partner - I'm okay with it. :)

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 13, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »
Got another pony for my partner today.  Out of curiosity, does anyone know how many ponies is typical per swap box?  On the one hand I am more than confident my partner will be over the moon with their box from me; on the other hand, I'm worried they will disappointed in the lack of ponies and/or the particular ones I chose.  There are way too many things on their wishlist that they won't be getting from me. :/

It really does not matter how many ponies you get as long as you reach the swap value. It could be 1, it could be 4 or more. You can always take a look at some of the swap brags in the brag forum to get an idea.

I am sure your partner does not expect to get everything on their list! :lol: I have intentionally included tonnes of stuff on my list to make sure my partner has plenty to choose from and to guarantee I will not know what I am getting.

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 13, 2012, 04:45:39 PM »

It really does not matter how many ponies you get as long as you reach the swap value. It could be 1, it could be 4 or more. You can always take a look at some of the swap brags in the brag forum to get an idea.

I am sure your partner does not expect to get everything on their list! :lol: I have intentionally included tonnes of stuff on my list to make sure my partner has plenty to choose from and to guarantee I will not know what I am getting.

Looking at the brag forum is a good idea, thanks.  ^.^ And you're right, I guess if we DID get everything on our partner's lists, wow... we would sooooo be going over budget, lol.  :P

I honestly haven't given much thought to what kind of box I'll be getting.  I just want my partner to be happy, that's the "mane" thing.  :lol:

:hope:

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal