collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 468561 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3420 on: April 04, 2021, 05:54:17 PM »
I ate some canned macaroni and cheese. Eww, it was so putrid! I just wanted to clear out some cupboard space and to be able to say I've tasted mac n' cheese at least once, but if someone asks, I'll still say I haven't tried it... because there's NO way it's actually supposed to be this bad :snicker: I've got a pretty high tolerance for bad microwave food, too. Ew ew ew

Ew.  Canned macaroni and cheese doesn't sound appetizing to me at all.  I'd try making it yourself before you judge whether or not you like it.

Yeah it's much better with real cheese. i like sharp cheddar. i also like to add cauliflower or broccoli so it's not just cheese and noodle
Tinned macaroni cheese is literally the worst!!! Even the cheap packet stuff is better.
The best though is when you prepare the pasta, place it in a baking tray, add a white sauce with cheese mixed through it, & mix in herbs & a bit of tomato or your favourite vegetable, adding some grated cheese (& optional crumbs) across the top, then heat in the oven. Scrummy!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3421 on: April 05, 2021, 07:37:47 AM »
I don't think the US even has canned mac'n cheese :blink: At least, I've never heard of it. We've got Easy Mac, which is Kraft in a small microwavable cup. You can get it frozen too (which isn't bad depending on the brand). This is kinda weird because I just bought stuff to make homemade mac'n cheese.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: April 05, 2021, 08:57:23 AM »
I ate some canned macaroni and cheese. Eww, it was so putrid! I just wanted to clear out some cupboard space and to be able to say I've tasted mac n' cheese at least once, but if someone asks, I'll still say I haven't tried it... because there's NO way it's actually supposed to be this bad :snicker: I've got a pretty high tolerance for bad microwave food, too. Ew ew ew

Ew.  Canned macaroni and cheese doesn't sound appetizing to me at all.  I'd try making it yourself before you judge whether or not you like it.

Yeah it's much better with real cheese. i like sharp cheddar. i also like to add cauliflower or broccoli so it's not just cheese and noodle
Tinned macaroni cheese is literally the worst!!! Even the cheap packet stuff is better.
The best though is when you prepare the pasta, place it in a baking tray, add a white sauce with cheese mixed through it, & mix in herbs & a bit of tomato or your favourite vegetable, adding some grated cheese (& optional crumbs) across the top, then heat in the oven. Scrummy!!!
Stop it you guys, you're making me hungry! I don't think we have the "cheap packet stuff" here. Actually, I have no idea where the can I ate even came from, none of the stores around here carry anything like it. Or maybe they did once, and it didn't sell... for some strange reason :lol:

You've got my attention with the broccoli and cauliflower idea, though. Not to mention Ponybookworm's recipe sounds absolutely delicious... I just might have to try both :drool:

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3423 on: April 05, 2021, 03:03:21 PM »
Why am I cursed with flying insects? Am I possessed by a demon? I left my door open while I watered my plants and three (pretty sure it's three) regular flies came in. The door was open for like, 20 seconds. Reminder I'm on the second floor and my balcony has a roof. What are they even doing up here? My plants are aloe cactus, they don't have flowers. Get away, you silly flies.

So from what I can tell there are two in the living room and one in the bedroom. There was a horse fly in here a few days ago too. That one came in by itself from a gap or something in the windows (I tried to find it but couldn't see anything obvious) but it was dead by night. I'm thinking, bug spray residue got to it since I sprayed my windows and door a couple weeks ago. I hope these other flies don't hang around. I miss not having to cover my drinks, watch my food like a hawk, and sit here without something buzzing my face.

Swear I'm cursed or something...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: April 06, 2021, 07:50:26 AM »
I'm sorry you're still having trouble with flies BC.  :(  I hate flies too especially when they buzz in my ears.  When I was little I would try to cover my ears with something because I didn't want them to fly in my ears.

I don't understand how Amazon's search filters work.  I've been looking for a movie and even though I type the exact title of the movie, the first couple of results have nothing to do with what I'm looking for.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3425 on: April 07, 2021, 06:01:41 PM »
Ugh we always have flies that come in during the summer. i don't know where they come from but the dogs go crazy trying to catch them.

My complaint for the day is I went to photograph an LPS set to sell and I can't find one of the pets. I know i had it so maybe i sold it as a misc LPS extra. Ugh! Also debt i really hate debt.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: April 08, 2021, 07:41:16 AM »
I'm having a lot of trouble with my asthma.

Ponyfan

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3427 on: April 08, 2021, 09:00:14 AM »
I hate having to be my family's tech support. Yesterday, my mom cancelled all the extra stuff she was paying for cable TV. Then when they only had 11 channels, she changed her mind and called them to reinstate it but they couldn't because the equipment was too old. So my dad calls me and says I need to come over and unhook all the boxes and he's go and get new ones and I could hook them up and set everything up. Okay fine.

I got there at 10 in the morning and didn't finish until 6PM. Some of that time was waiting for my dad to get back with the new boxes but most of it was spent setting up the remotes. They have 5 TVs. Each one had to be paired with a remote and it takes forever because the process is so slow. I put in a code for the voice command and have to wait 5 minutes for it to actually work. And had to do the same for the power/channel/volume control. UGH.

THEN when I get to the last box, it doesn't work. It gives me an error and says something about turning off a non-DVR set top box. But there isn't anything connected to the TV! So I Google, I try a couple things, nothing. I talk to the chat bot, try a couple things, nothing. I finally called them, and dude says to do everything I JUST did. I said no, I already tried all that. So then I have to wait while he's typing and trying to figure out what's wrong. Finally, he says we have one tuner too many and in order for the one in the room I'm in to work, I have to unplug another one.

WHAT?! 

Why did they give my dad a box and 4 tuners if it was too many? Well, the dude says, your neighborhood equipment is too old as well and the signal isn't strong enough. So send someone out to fix it, I said. Oh, we currently have many work orders but eventually we should make it to your area. Eventually like in a few years? Probably!

So I had to switch out the main box in my dad's media room, put it in my mom's room, so my dad can unplug the tuner in the media room before he goes to bed, and plug in the one in his bedroom at night. Then reverse the process the next day. It was a complete pain in the... back. My back is so sore today I can hardly move. My thumb hurts from screwing and unscrewing the cable cords a million times. And I'm annoyed because I just started working on a custom pony and had planned to sculpt all day. Plus, they didn't have the A/C on and I was sweating a lot, so I'm kinda miserable because I'm too sore to take a shower today. Maybe tonight I'll feel up to it.

Then the last thing. When I finally got back home, I opened my door to a wall of litter box and cat food stink. I started to cry because I don't want my apartment to smell bad but the door opens to the kitchen and right there is the cat food. i had fed her tuna flavored food, which has the strongest smell. The litter box was on my list to clean that day, but my dad came to get me a half hour after I woke up. Just like the shower I was too sore to clean it last night (too much bending down). I cleaned up the bowl of cat food and gave her something less stinky and cleaned the litter today. So I'm hoping the smell will dissipate. I sprayed Febreze to help.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: April 08, 2021, 09:43:01 AM »
I'm sorry BlackCurtains. :hug:

I'm my family's tech support too and sometimes it can be hard.  They switch between thinking I know and can fix everything tech related to thinking that I know nothing. 

When we got the Smart TV my dad  unboxed it, plugged it in and then said "You take it from here" and it was really overwhelming because he just walked away and expected me to handle everything.  I eventually got the cable box hooked up and working but it took a couple of hours.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3429 on: April 08, 2021, 12:11:28 PM »
Oh, tech support...

I can relate. Since lockdown me and my laptop have been the rescue party in several situations where Dad's outdated PC can't cope. Or when he spends 2 hours looking for the print mail label to send something to my sister, and I have to come find it (which takes less than a minute, but is annoying).

But the most similar example...my parents bought an amazon fire stick in the black friday sales, so that Mum can watch stuff on catchup without the old cable box imploding, and access netflix and such.

They still haven't set it up. Dad plugged it into the TV for the first time yesterday...then had to come ask me for the internet password. It still isn't activated. Sigh.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3430 on: April 08, 2021, 12:28:21 PM »
My dad bought a Firestick and a subscription to SlingTV. I had to set it up and he lasted three days with it before having me cancel the sub. and set his TV back to cable.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: April 08, 2021, 01:32:07 PM »
Possibly TMI, but I'm having a PMS flare-up and my chest -really- hurts today. :cry:
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: April 08, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »
So disappointed...Hobby Lobby stopped putting out their 40% off coupons. I drove 20 minutes out of my way to get there only to realize this; I could have gone to the Joann Fabrics right around the corner for my item if I knew I had to pay full price for it. Ugh. Their explanation? 'We now just discount more of our items throughout the store.' Well, not any of the items I want to buy, apparently! Plus, um, you did that before too. Instead of that stupid PR statement, just be honest and say, hey, the Coronavirus really hit us hard, man, and we're trying to recoup our losses. Don't try and spin it to make it look like it's in my best interest NOT to have a coupon for 40% off an item of my choice!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: April 08, 2021, 04:56:28 PM »
Sorry that happened LadyAmathela.  I heard that Hobby Lobby was going to stop issuing their 40% coupons but I didn't know when it would go in effect.

At some point iTunes decided that an album I bought songs from previously is now different than the exact album that is now in the store.  This doesn't sound like a big deal but now I have 2 copies of the same album in my song  library with one of them only showing 2 songs (all of the songs I bought are in my library, just some are showing on a different album than the rest)  It makes it a little harder to make a playlist when I have to figure out the album order because iTunes decided  to treat the same album like 2 different ones.

Ponyfan

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: April 08, 2021, 08:11:30 PM »
Thanks Ponyfan. The new policy went into effect at the end of February, she said. I'm just sad...it seems like it's on a growing list of things I can no longer afford.

iTunes has always confused me. I used to use it back in the day, but I gave up trying to pretend to know how to use it, and now I no longer have a compatible device to use it on.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal