collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~  (Read 2770 times)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
Re: Naming the \"mystery pony\" from Rescue at Midnight Castle
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2013, 04:44:04 AM »
The "FarDreamer" section of my site is basically the "about me" section so it's a little out of the way if you're using it mainly for restoration info.  For nostalgia's sake, this is the first website I built back in 2001 or 2002.  I was using her for a persona at that time, I just had a pathetic image of her.  I'm kind of embarrassed to share this, it's pretty bad:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021116020716/http://www.geocities.com/DreamerElan/index.html

If it makes the folks who would like more of a connection to her symbol feel better, I came up with the name in large part because of references to dreams and rainbows in songs, stories, and movies.  Off the top of my head:

Somewhere Over the Rainbow:  "Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue, and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true."

The Rainbow Connection:  "Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers the dreamers and me."

And no, I really couldn't be angry if someone used the same pony for a persona.  It would bother me if someone saw what I had done, thought it was a neat idea, and ripped it off as if they came up with it themselves.

Post Merge: June 18, 2013, 05:58:07 AM

Sorry, one last thought and then I have to go to work.  Because pony stuff is totally a legit reason to be late for work.    ;)

For obvious reasons I would be ok with it if people started calling her FarDreamer.  However, the more I think about it, I think it would be kind of sad if she weren't "The Mystery Pony" anymore.

She's been "The Mystery Pony" since long before I came along.  There have been other people to name her and make customs of her and I'm sure write fan-fiction with her in it.  She's always been there for people to imagine her personality and build their own stories around her.  She's sort of the ultimate custom.  I kind of think she should stay that way.

I think Tirac should write her fan-fiction and give the pony a name and a personality and anyone else who wants to should as well.  It should be "look what neat things so and so did with the mystery pony!".

I think we should leave it open for collectors to keep speculating.  I know I've built her a personality in my head over the years.  If she had an official "fandom" name and identity, I think we would lose something.

My thing is I gave her a name and use her as a persona.  What's YOUR thing?   ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:58:07 AM by FarDreamer »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Naming the "mystery pony" from Rescue at Midnight Castle
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2013, 06:31:42 AM »
I don't think she needs a 'fanon' name. Each person can call her what they think suits her best.

But I must admit, ever since I first saw Far Dreamer's website, that's what I've called her in my head.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
Re: Naming the \"mystery pony\" from Rescue at Midnight Castle
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2013, 08:08:27 AM »
Sorry, one last thought and then I have to go to work.  Because pony stuff is totally a legit reason to be late for work.    ;)

For obvious reasons I would be ok with it if people started calling her FarDreamer.  However, the more I think about it, I think it would be kind of sad if she weren't "The Mystery Pony" anymore.

She's been "The Mystery Pony" since long before I came along.  There have been other people to name her and make customs of her and I'm sure write fan-fiction with her in it.  She's always been there for people to imagine her personality and build their own stories around her.  She's sort of the ultimate custom.  I kind of think she should stay that way.

I think Tirac should write her fan-fiction and give the pony a name and a personality and anyone else who wants to should as well.  It should be "look what neat things so and so did with the mystery pony!".

I think we should leave it open for collectors to keep speculating.  I know I've built her a personality in my head over the years.  If she had an official "fandom" name and identity, I think we would lose something.

My thing is I gave her a name and use her as a persona.  What's YOUR thing?   ;)

:iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2013, 08:10:47 AM »
Rainbow Cascade.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 09:55:42 AM »
I don't think she needs a 'fanon' name. Each person can call her what they think suits her best.

I agree with this and with FarDreamer's reason for keeping her "the Mystery Pony" so much.  Which is something I think makes her so wonderful.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal