collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G3.5, what if?  (Read 652 times)

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: G3.5, what if?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »
I think G3.5 could have been successful as the 4th generation along with the FIM show. The thing is, G3.5's have expression and personality. The G4 toys are all in a stiff pose. Of course they still would have the mane 6 thing going which will eventually have to change to keep ponies around. Now the G3.5 cartoon would have never made it. Too babyish.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FlitterRose

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Welcome to Daydreamland. No reality allowed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »
I really live the G3.5, but I think most of the people didn't enjoy them, because of the lack of lots of characters. It might be a success in my opinion, though the people who don't like the style wouldn't be satisfied
Sup

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 10:50:04 AM »
G3.5's had a bit too much forced cuteness, especially when it came to the Newborn Cuties.  But yes, overall they would have been more successful if Hasbro branched out and used more ponies than the Core 7.

I like them though; I used to hate them and think they were creepy, but they've grown on me. :)

girlyponce

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 01:35:28 PM »
My issue with the G3.5 was the fact that they seemed like "sexualized" ponies: They suddenly had large heads, tiny bodies and -curves-
I was so confused when I saw them at first because ponies don't have curves like that.  :blink:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
Ok I am going to throw something out there...:P

G3.5s are, no matter what way you look at it, unpopular with collectors. However, we don't know that they were a complete flop as a line. I have recently started to wonder if the concept of a core 7 characters such as we saw in G3.5 and the end of G3, was in fact successful as a concept. Why do I think that? Because that's what G4 has clearly become. Yes, there is the odd additional character thrown in here and there but in general the line [outside blind bags] are dominated by 6 [plus the 2 princesses] toys.

Hasbro had the model of G3 and it's multitude of characters less than a decade ago. They had the model of G3.5 and it's limited characters. If the latter was truly a completely flop...why stick to the same business model within the line?

Just a thought....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal