collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you want Zhu Zhu Ponies?

YES! I want them all!
Maybe just one...
No, not at all! No thank you!

Author Topic: Zhu Zhu Ponies?!?!?!?  (Read 5585 times)

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
Re: Zhu Zhu Ponies?!?!?!?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »
You know, for a zhu-zhu, that's not bad. My mom bought them for the boys when they were all the rage- poor things never got played with. I'd bet my daughter would get a kick out of them though.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »
Saw the commercials from 2010... of course, not interested in buying, but I think the little raccoon is adorable~

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 02:59:11 PM »
Eh toy ponies have been being done since the 80's. They kinda remind me of the Keypers horse more than MLP. I really get tired of people going "OMG they are copying!!!" every time someone comes up with something remotely inspired by something someone else has done before. Like everything in this world has to be 100% original or it shouldn't be done.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
I think they're cute!  :lol:

Flutterblossom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »
Eh toy ponies have been being done since the 80's. They kinda remind me of the Keypers horse more than MLP. I really get tired of people going "OMG they are copying!!!" every time someone comes up with something remotely inspired by something someone else has done before. Like everything in this world has to be 100% original or it shouldn't be done.

Yes, but Cepia has been very desperate lately with coming up with new toys after their huge Zhu Zhu hit back in 2009. They probably asked, "What is really popular with little girls and such right now?". And somebody probably said, "Well, My Little Pony has become really popular all of a sudden". "Then let's make Zhu Zhu Ponies! Little girls love ponies!"

But Hasbro definatly did the worst with Furry Frenzies! They downright copied them! Just watch the commercial! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f3a3eTYul0
Seriously Hasbro, you are such a huge company and once a small company makes a huge hit you have to copy them?? If you want to make money you should've made more :muffin: Ponies for MLP Fair and Comic Con!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »
Omg I NEED Indiana. She looks so cute :lovey:

Me too! *squeals* :happy:

Giraffes are adorable, so the resemblance makes me a very happy kitten ^.^ must look into ZZP!

edit: eep, there IS a giraffe!! But its feet look so weird.. oh dear.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:18:42 PM by BrightSide »
Fight like a girl..

Flutterblossom

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »
Here is a pic of a Zhu-Fari Giraffe!
http://www.zhuniverse.com/products/available/zulu

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »

Yes, but Cepia has been very desperate lately with coming up with new toys after their huge Zhu Zhu hit back in 2009. They probably asked, "What is really popular with little girls and such right now?". And somebody probably said, "Well, My Little Pony has become really popular all of a sudden". "Then let's make Zhu Zhu Ponies! Little girls love ponies!"

But Hasbro definatly did the worst with Furry Frenzies! They downright copied them! Just watch the commercial! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f3a3eTYul0
Seriously Hasbro, you are such a huge company and once a small company makes a huge hit you have to copy them?? If you want to make money you should've made more Ditzy Doos for MLP Fair and Comic Con!

That is so true :lol: Why make copes of the ZZP when they aren't nearly as popular anymore when they could make thousands on more Ditzy Doos? Hasbro needs to hire someone with common sense :P
My Wish List

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »
I'm torn. :huh:  Part of me is like, they're really cute and fuzzy and I like that Blackberry's colours, and the other part of me is like, ewww, their legs are weird and their faces are kinda smooshed and can't get over that they're ZhuZhus.   I guess I'll wait to see 'em in person. ^.^ :lol:

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »

Seriously Hasbro, you are such a huge company and once a small company makes a huge hit you have to copy them?? If you want to make money you should've made more Ditzy Doos for MLP Fair and Comic Con!

I'm not saying they weren't inspired by MLP. I'm just saying how it seems to people on the internet that even being /inspired/ is a crime these days.

I didn't even think what Hasbro did with Furreal Frenzies was so bad. Back at that time they came out the Zhuzhus were only hamsters. Hasbro saw what Cepia was doing and noticed they weren't doing any other animals so they decided to make something to fill that void. Hasbro never did a hamster FF and of all the animals that Hasbro did, Cepia still hasn't done any kitties. (I would die if Cepia actually made ZhuZhu kitties)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:31:28 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »
I'd be tempted to try and split thier legs.
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
Oh there cute, My daughter has a few Zhu Zhu pets, So id probally get her a couple and me maybe just one!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Flutterblossom

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »

I'm not saying they weren't inspired by MLP. I'm just saying how it seems to people on the internet that even being /inspired/ is a crime these days.

I didn't even think what Hasbro did with Furreal Frenzies was so bad. Back at that time they came out the Zhuzhus were only hamsters. Hasbro saw what Cepia was doing and noticed they weren't doing any other animals so they decided to make something to fill that void. Hasbro never did a hamster FF and of all the animals that Hasbro did, Cepia still hasn't done any kitties. (I would die if Cepia actually made ZhuZhu kitties)

Well, the Zhu Zhu Pets Wildbunch came out in June 2010. It included a bunny, skunk, hedgehog, and raccoon, 2 months BEFORE Furry Frenzies came out in Fall 2010. In June 2010 Cepia also released Zhu Zhu Pets Rockstars that featured crazy personalities and funky hair. Later in the year, Hasbro released FurrStars Furry Frenzies that also had funky hair.

Cepia is also releasing Zhu Zhu Kittens this year. Look it up on google images.

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 05:06:20 PM »
I think people need to remember that this is business and business is about making money. It has nothing to do with ethics. They follow trends and they milk them for all they're worth. That's what business is.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
All I know is, my girls would be all over those!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal