collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Next Wave of Playful Ponies  (Read 8345 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Next Wave of Playful Ponies
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2013, 07:30:51 AM »
Ugh, well definitely not interested... I want more blue and green ponies!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2013, 10:48:56 AM »
Me also.
Same old mane 6 but with tinsel hair... no thanks  :yucky:

I like Fluttershys new eyes as well ;w;

I am getting seriously sick of re-releases, and I don't even have all the Mane 6! I don't see the point in buying endless re-releases of a boring pose that I hate with minor differences or a mask...

I really don't see 2 colors of hair and 2 colors of tinsel to be a minor difference. If they slapped a different cutie mark on them everyone would be going, "yay new pony!" but I have a feeling there is going to be something that happens in S4 that is relevant to these ponies (unlike the stupid masks that didn't make sense).
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline therestornadosinmysoup

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2013, 11:05:59 AM »
Hhaha gabumon, me too wondering, waiting for G5.. Makes me think, is Hasbro pulling a 'Core 7' on the G4 line? 'cuz y'all remember what happened with core 7..  :tumble:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
Hhaha gabumon, me too wondering, waiting for G5.. Makes me think, is Hasbro pulling a 'Core 7' on the G4 line? 'cuz y'all remember what happened with core 7..  :tumble:

isnt that what there doing?  just releasing the same pony over nad over agian.. at some  point  nobody is   gonna wanna buy   them anymore.. i mean come on..  we dont want anymore of the mane 6.. with a new  accesroys..  or a new glitter  mark.  or tinsel!  or a sparkle pet ><  no matter how you do it we dont want any more of hte same blasted pony!!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2013, 12:43:24 PM »

isnt that what there doing?  just releasing the same pony over nad over agian.. at some  point  nobody is   gonna wanna buy   them anymore.. i mean come on..  we dont want anymore of the mane 6.. with a new  accesroys..  or a new glitter  mark.  or tinsel!  or a sparkle pet ><  no matter how you do it we dont want any more of hte same blasted pony!!
I think it makes sense as someone here explained before ,Hasbro makes sure there is always Mane 6 available bacause there is new kids and adults as well becoming aware of the show ,they will want to get them before any other character in the show .
Just takes me back to my first ponies last year , It was the mane 6 who i got before anything else ,then the CMC and then Celestia and Luna ......then the rest follow :). so yes  the mane 6 will be always be  re re re re released for that simple reason:)
sad for collectors though we are always  eager for new characters !
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:45:19 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

cleverLC

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »
I might be persuaded to by the Pinkie Pie but that is all.

In fact the only main six character i own is Pinkie. The only other two I have are Celestia and Luna. I do have some on my wishlist but not many.

I'm not an avid fan of FiM or G4s but I do feel sorry for devout fans of the show who keep getting repeats of the same ponies over and over and when a new pony comes along it is put in a set in which collectors already own most of the ponies (yep I'm talking about Minty).

I don't know what's wrong with Hasbro, even children will get fed up of buying yet another Rainbow Dash :huh:

*shrugs*  It works well for us G4 customizers, that's for sure.  I don't feel guilty about baiting a perfectly-good pony if I already have her and she's plentiful on the shelves.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »

I think it makes sense as someone here explained before ,Hasbro makes sure there is always Mane 6 available bacause there is new kids and adults as well becoming aware of the show ,they will want to get them before any other character in the show .
Just takes me back to my first ponies last year , It was the mane 6 who i got before anything else ,then the CMC and then Celestia and Luna ......then the rest follow :). so yes  the mane 6 will be always be  re re re re released for that simple reason:)

There is a difference between "having these characters available all the time" and "only having these characters available". Having them as singles and in all packs is just overkill.
Also, these singles are one of the few things i can be sure of to get released in my country. I can't pick up Minty or Chrysalis or Wysteria or most of the new characters. So yes, it would be nice if they actually put some new characters in these single packs.

Me also.

I am getting seriously sick of re-releases, and I don't even have all the Mane 6! I don't see the point in buying endless re-releases of a boring pose that I hate with minor differences or a mask...

I really don't see 2 colors of hair and 2 colors of tinsel to be a minor difference. If they slapped a different cutie mark on them everyone would be going, "yay new pony!" but I have a feeling there is going to be something that happens in S4 that is relevant to these ponies (unlike the stupid masks that didn't make sense).

I doubt that. It's way too early for that and they couldn't even bother releasing something related to their "crystal" forms. And yeah, a different cutie mark at least means a new character. I think it's sad that these days we need to get happy because "omg tinsel!".

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2013, 01:26:28 PM »
wow cute! i want rarity and pinkie pie.

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2013, 02:05:54 PM »
I saw these loose on Taobao.. I thought they looked kinda cheap :huh: I don't know why they can't throw at least one new pony in with these same ones again.  :(
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2013, 02:48:38 PM »
I can understand the point of view of releasing the main 6 in each wave, but making them the only ones in those waves over and over again and not doing at least one or two new characters in the singles is just ick and a money saver to many of us. The problem is that while yes they are trying to cover the main bases for all the new customers but they seem to forget their biggest clients are returning customers who would like to see something different other than the same characters with new accessories or tinsel added. Shoot if they had MADE the main 6 in the clear I would have bought them because they were actually a bit DIFFERENT from the normal main 6 (I could do without the glitter all over the bodies but what can you do =/ and I may still go back to buy Pinkie in the clear from target but I'm not sure on that x.x)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Lon-san

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2013, 04:27:21 PM »
So, let's say I buy these and take my buddy Mr. Xacto Blade to the tinsel. What am I left with? A nice, detinseled pony with streaks, or one missing massive chunks of hair? Pinkie seems to have orange in her hair and I see blue in Rarity's hair, but what ELSE?

So lazy with the painting. -_-

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
I was a little bit hopeful with the release of Sunset Shimmer, but alas! Mane 6 all over again.

I don't mind the "always there for new customers" attitude, and I agree with it to an extent. Most kids are gonna want the ponies they see on the show, and I know I would have. However, I remember going to toy stores as a kid, and many times my parents wouldn't buy me something because I already had something just like it. Even with character dolls, their attitude was that one of each was plenty. So from that standpoint, I'm not sure how well this theory will work.

Plus, if the shelves are anything to go by, most people are buying the new characters only. Most places around here can't seem to get rid of the Mane 6 from a few waves back, let alone the new ones Hasbro keeps piling up.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »

There is a difference between "having these characters available all the time" and "only having these characters available". Having them as singles and in all packs is just overkill.
Also, these singles are one of the few things i can be sure of to get released in my country. I can't pick up Minty or Chrysalis or Wysteria or most of the new characters. So yes, it would be nice if they actually put some new characters in these single packs.

Me also.

I doubt that. It's way too early for that and they couldn't even bother releasing something related to their "crystal" forms. And yeah, a different cutie mark at least means a new character. I think it's sad that these days we need to get happy because "omg tinsel!".

I thought that recently someone from Hasbro said something about wanting to make the show and the toy line align with each other.

Anyways to be honest I think I like these much better than the original Mane 6. While I like their characters some of their color schemes are rather bland. At least the ones with one only one color in their hair. Especially when it is just a different shade of the body color *coughpinkiecough*.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
So, let's say I buy these and take my buddy Mr. Xacto Blade to the tinsel. What am I left with? A nice, detinseled pony with streaks, or one missing massive chunks of hair? Pinkie seems to have orange in her hair and I see blue in Rarity's hair, but what ELSE?

Looking at the 'prototypes' (only because those are the only loose ones) I would say taking Mr. Xacto to the tinsel would leave missing sections of hair. It is hard for me to really even tell..

I was a little bit hopeful with the release of Sunset Shimmer, but alas! Mane 6 all over again.

I don't mind the "always there for new customers" attitude, and I agree with it to an extent. Most kids are gonna want the ponies they see on the show, and I know I would have. However, I remember going to toy stores as a kid, and many times my parents wouldn't buy me something because I already had something just like it. Even with character dolls, their attitude was that one of each was plenty. So from that standpoint, I'm not sure how well this theory will work.

Plus, if the shelves are anything to go by, most people are buying the new characters only. Most places around here can't seem to get rid of the Mane 6 from a few waves back, let alone the new ones Hasbro keeps piling up.
I think Sunset will be a slightly later release, at least the one with the gradient feet.. not sure but I feel like she might start showing up in every wave or even every second wave (maybe). I know when I was a kid mom wouldn't have let me get repeats of the same ponies and if I was a mom I wouldn't let my kid get repeats either, why? They would already have that pony/toy and I wouldn't have the money to burn for said toy =/
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2013, 05:33:51 PM »

The tinsel isn't mixed in with the hair strands as usual, actual sections of the mane is just tinsel so that wouldn't work.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal