collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93889 times)

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #420 on: February 04, 2023, 10:29:06 PM »
Ugh I love my parents but sometimes I really want to lose my mind when I’m at their house, they need to have a TV on in every room CONSTANTLY.

My dad especially loves watching TV, which is fine, but I personally have a limit on how much tv I can take in a day. Yesterday he was watching some stuff on YouTube downstairs, so I went upstairs to try and get some quiet. My mom came up not long after and started talking on the phone, which was fine. My issue with TV at their house is frankly the volume more than anything. Then my dad came up and turned on the TV really loud and started watching something while my mom was still on the phone! For one I think that’s kind of rude, but also the conflicting conversations really hurt my brain, that’s a huge pet peeve of mine.

Tonight is more of the same, he’s downstairs watching guitar videos on YouTube and he has had it BLASTING for the past four hours. I’m upstairs but there really is nowhere to escape with how loud he has it! :mad:

Whenever they come to my house they always ask how I can stand to sit in the silence with no TV. HOW CAN YOU STAND NEVER BEING IN SILENCE?!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2023, 12:01:05 PM »
Just sent a lengthy email to the alumni office of my university.

Because the whole migration of my alumni email, as I expected, has gone wrong.

I think they might have erased me completely, which means 10 years of emails lost.

...But I have them backed up, because I didn't trust them in the first place.

However, erasing someone who did two degrees at your institution, and taught four separate modules to students, is not polite. And I still want to graduate. Still waiting for that, too.

I can't swear, but imagine the swear words go here.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 05, 2023, 01:41:18 PM »

Minty Magic, my dad is the same way.  He acts like he can't stand to have the TV off for even a second.  :(  Sometimes he decides that everyone should watch the same thing he does and he'll turn all of the main tvs to the same show, but if you try to watch something he doesn't want in the office, he gets annoyed and says that it's not fair that you're not watching what he wants on. He hasn't said that for a long time, but it still makes me feel like I can't watch anything in the office unless my parents aren't home.

He complains all the time that's nothing on TV, I could find lots of things to watch but because they aren't what he's interested in, he'll say there's nothing on.

I tried to get on Disney Plus earlier and our Internet went out 2 times while we were trying to watch. :(  I like Disney Plus, but I don't like all of the issues we have with the Internet going out so much.  My mom says that she's going to go down to the cable company and complain but we've been having problems for a while now and she hasn't.

I feel like everything is going wrong today and I'm about to snap.  My mom hurt her arm a week ago.  I had to go to the drs office yesterday and had asked her both on Friday night and on Saturday if she needed the dr to see her arm.  She told me no. 30 minutes after we left the office, she decided she wanted him to see it afterall. but he was booked solid for the rest of Sat so she couldn't get in until tomorrow.

My mom wanted to go to the bookstore.  I told her that I wanted to look for books too but didn't have much cash on hand.  She said if I found a book I wanted she would get it for me.  She didn't find anything she wanted, so I put the book I had in my hands back.  When we got to the car she said I shouldn't have done that because she would have still gotten the book for me even if she didn't get one for herself. Why didn't she tell me that earlier?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2023, 06:22:40 AM »
I haven't been sleeping. I think I mentioned that already. I'm so tired and my eyes are bloodshot, plus my body hurts (well, it usually does). My nighttime medicine which is supposed to help me sleep should be in today. If I can get my neice to pick it up and drop it off today that'd be great. She's acting so weird towards me though. I don't know what's going on.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 06, 2023, 11:00:23 AM »
I did my taxes more than a week ago.  Today we were told by HR that our 1095 form was ready for our taxes--even though our W-2s were ready in mid-January.  Um...did I need that?  Apparently not...

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 07, 2023, 03:23:00 PM »
made a whole two dollars on my bank interest wow I can get a soda with that.  -_-

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 07, 2023, 04:09:37 PM »
made a whole two dollars on my bank interest wow I can get a soda with that.  -_-

You got 2 whole dollars?  I don't think I even made one this year.  I think I was at like 94 cents or something.   :lol:

I did something to my back.  It hurts when I move certain ways.  I hope it's my boots because I usually don't wear them all day but I didn't change them today at work like I normally do and my back didn't start to hurt until after lunch.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 09, 2023, 05:56:44 AM »
Being old enough to have an optician prescribe me reading glasses... :yikes: :redface:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #428 on: February 09, 2023, 01:36:10 PM »
Headache that won't go away. My jaw hurts too, I think it's from my tooth. And I have a sore on the side of my tongue that's scraping against the same tooth that hurts. So that whole area is very hurt-y.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #429 on: February 10, 2023, 12:27:49 AM »

Don't get me started on the convenience of interest rate rises that only penalise borrowers, but doesn't get reflected in interest on savings accounts.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 10, 2023, 02:17:02 PM »
Sorry your parents can be like that with the TV to Ponyfan!

Ugh the VPN for work keeps disconnecting me every 5 minutes or so today, I haven’t gotten much of anything done. I tried calling tech support and they claim it’s an issue with my internet provider, so I called my internet provider and they said it’s an issue with the VPN network we use. Well, someone needs to figure something out because I can’t work like this!

At least a mass email acknowledging the issue went out, so it’s not just me affected, but man I just want to go home and be done with this.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #431 on: February 11, 2023, 06:31:28 AM »
yesterday i fell off my step stool while i was organizing the pantry. i thought i was on the first step but i was on the second step. so when i tried to step down i lost my balance and fell into the counter. luckily i didn't hurt myself too bad. my back is sore but i'm ok otherwise. it was really scary though. i think i scared Luna too. she didn't come over to check on my she just looked at me wide-eyed. my husband heard the crash and helped me up.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #432 on: February 11, 2023, 06:42:07 AM »
Ouch! I can see myself doing something like that, which is why I avoid ladders and things. I'm glad you weren't hurt badly.

I am a mess this morning. Super tired still, eyes all wonky, headache, neckache. My shins hurt. How does that happen?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #433 on: February 12, 2023, 05:34:17 AM »
@BC i hope you're feeling better today.

my back feels better. still a little sore. it was pretty scary :(

my complaint today isn't scary. but there's been a twist in the dog crate saga. now Jessie has taken it over. she's been sleeping in there a lot. i think it's because she has a harder time getting onto the bed now and there's a soft blanket in the crate. i'm never going to be able to put it in storage :lol:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2023, 05:46:01 AM »
So I have a couple of complaints..

My husband gave me two Twinkle Eye Basic Fun ponies for my birthday so I thought I would treat myself with getting the other two. I found Sweetstuff MIB on Amazon and ordered her and at check out choose to have her delivered to the post office.
Friday afternoon I got a text that she was on her way and was going to be delivered home to my door by another shipping company I had not picked as they have an awful reputation. I was confused and not happy!

This morning I got a new text that the package would be delivered to my door today. The thing is, I live in an apartment complex and they don't deliver to my door, they just put the package down by the post boxes at the entrance where anyone can pick it up. I came home from work around 9 am and there was a package on the floor just inside the front door. Looked at it and it was my package! I am relieved I got it, but furious at the way Amazon changed the delievery. I had specifically choosen to have it delivered to the PO for pick up because I didn't want the package left like that! :mad:

Also, the pony was just crammed in to a box that she just about fit in, no padding whatsoever.  :pout:

Second complaint; when my husband got up I told him about the above and he asked what I had ordered and he showed me on the phone that he had ordered the same pony for my birthday on Amazon, but the delivery kept being post poned. It made me feel bad that I had already gotten her, but I didn't know.. Anyway, the tracking said to excpect delivery on february 9. She has not arrived. Later he looked at his bankstatement for some reason and realised he had gotten a refund on the pony on the 8th. So the seller had refunded him and had not sent the pony and Amazon had failed to tell him. :mad:

Also, today, I made a perfect stumble and tripped on my own feet, making a deepdive stomach splash on the snow free, ice free ground just outside work, beside a busy road and a platform full of travelers. My feet hurt and I had to put a bandage on one of them. I was totally the star of the show today.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal