collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Twilight Sparkle "Adult Collectible"???  (Read 9642 times)

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Twilight Sparkle "Adult Collectible"???
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2013, 08:37:53 PM »
Why hasbro why do you keep releasing Twilight and Pinkie Pie over and over, and getting Twilights colors wrong everytime, and tackier each time.

Something like this I would pay $50 for take notes hasbro.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

OMG... that! That is exactly what I want. Sidenote: My 6 year old and 3 year old want one too!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »
Well, looks like I'm not buying that.
ahahahah exactly
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »
Why hasbro why do you keep releasing Twilight and Pinkie Pie over and over, and getting Twilights colors wrong everytime, and tackier each time.

OMG... that! That is exactly what I want. Sidenote: My 6 year old and 3 year old want one too!

I'll take one in Blind bag size, Funko, Fashion Style, and Brushable please thanks hasbro <3

For Sale Wants

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
@LunarEclipse

Things me myself a "brony" and collectors have in common.

1) Both want quality items

2) Both want more characters

3) Both do NOT want the same ponies released over again

4) Would like to see G1 ponies released in G4 bodies

5) Both want more poses

6) Both want more variety

7) Both want to be heard and acknowledged by hasbro

8) Lastly both do NOT want this Twilight

Side note why are the crystals red, it looks so tacky and awful. My saddest fear about this release is it will make hasbro not want to attempt to make more of a better adult collector line :(

That's fine, though I've never seen bronies express a desire for G1 toys to be translated to the G4 line. If that is the case I'd wish they would be more vocal about it! Maybe we would actually get some. :) Though I do feel that, for the most part, the types of toys and characters that collectors have been asking for haven't really overlapped what I've seen bronies asking for (molded hair ponies, popular background characters, etc.). I don't feel that this particular Twilight toy is what ANYBODY wanted for this kind of price.

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2013, 10:04:49 PM »

Oooooh I want one too!!!

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »
@LunarEclipse

5) Both want more poses

Side note why are the crystals red, it looks so tacky and awful. My saddest fear about this release is it will make hasbro not want to attempt to make more of a better adult collector line :(

So much yes.  To all of it.  And as a collector, I really do appreciate show accuracy.  At least give this collectable, $50 pony some wings that match her body and three hair colors like Twilight actually has in the show but Hasbro never bothers giving her because effort, or something.

I really don't care for her at all.  The red gems and the purply-pink body color look bad together.  She looks like a 6 year-old's craft project, not a $50 collectable.  This year's exclusives are so boring to me, and I can't find Sunset Shimmer anywhere.  Such a bad year for pony toys. :/  At least talking Nightmare Moon and the TRU character pack will come out soon...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:09:50 PM by Tropical_Sunset »

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2013, 10:06:30 PM »
Changling! So much want! HASBRO....why you no ask the adult collectors what kind of ponies they want!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2013, 10:18:12 PM »
Why did DJ end up with molded hair yet this one has real hair?   They look like they belong together with the same packaging and all.  Do I want Twi?  Not really.  The glued on glitter is tacky.  I might have wanted her if she was a truly limited edition, but she really isn't all that special. 

For an "adult collectible" she sure looks like a regular boring tacky plaything. 

Why would they think that the adult collectors want Swarovski crystals ?   

I want Swarovski crystals!!!  But not like this.  I want a crystal pony figure.  Not a plastic pony encrusted with crystals.  They look cheap and ugly.  I'd love little cut crystal ponies like Swarovski makes of other things. 

Couldn't have said it better! This pony is a :drama: for me.
My Wish List

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2013, 10:27:32 PM »
Yuck.  hasbro once again saves me money :P LOL 

thats the tackiest "adult collectors" pony ive seen yet.
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2013, 10:50:42 PM »
I would like this... for $20 dollars. Why would I pay $30 more for the world's least intricate custom? Sticking jewels all over her doesn't add any value in my eyes.

To me, this feels too much like the "deluxe ponies" that they have been doing: Shine Brights, Magic Motion, etc. Those ponies were only a few more dollars than regular ponies and pretty much are the same concept: Bling it up, add glitter, tada!

I could like this, but not for this price. It is kind of ridiculous how they think that the label of "adult collectible" justifies this price tag.

diamondshy

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2013, 10:54:29 PM »
@LunarEclipse

5) Both want more poses

That's fine, though I've never seen bronies express a desire for G1 toys to be translated to the G4 line. If that is the case I'd wish they would be more vocal about it! Maybe we would actually get some. :)

I can vouch for this too!  I know there are a ton of bronies who would kill for a Firefly or Surprise, and probably still quite a few who'd love Posey and Sparkler.  And beyond that, any others are practically brand new ponies--anything beyond uninspired re-releases would be happily welcomed!

will2Bfree

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2013, 11:46:40 PM »
@LunarEclipse

5) Both want more poses

That's fine, though I've never seen bronies express a desire for G1 toys to be translated to the G4 line. If that is the case I'd wish they would be more vocal about it! Maybe we would actually get some. :)

I can vouch for this too!  I know there are a ton of bronies who would kill for a Firefly or Surprise, and probably still quite a few who'd love Posey and Sparkler.  And beyond that, any others are practically brand new ponies--anything beyond uninspired re-releases would be happily welcomed!

I agree with this as well. I've seen plenty of "brony" artwork that depicts G1 ponies with G4 bodies. Firefly and Surprise would undoubtedly be the most popular, but I don't see any reason they wouldn't welcome others. It's definitely not a new concept to them.

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2013, 12:36:29 AM »
Although Im personally happy with this Twilight, I would prefer it if they made a plain -non gem version of White Celestia FS as a collector piece!

Offline Okapifeathers

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2013, 01:09:35 AM »
while I agree with the idea that they could have done a lot better, I'm actually really okay with this Twilight and pre-ordered her. There's something about it just being specifically a collectible that I like a lot, but I think it helps that I'm not a super serious pony collector, and the only pony I collect from G4 is Twilight anyway, with the odd figure like Zecora thrown in. There isn't another pony that I would rather be spending the money on, but for other collectors I can see how this could be upsetting. I was interested in Vinyl a little but I don't have any interest in her as a character, while I am interested in Twilight so this gives me a nice comic-con "exclusive" alternative.

I don't see her as tacky really, I've seen much tackier ponies and it could be worse I guess. FS is my favorite kind of figure as well so this is kind of a bonus for me! I can look past the odd color because I feel like I'm used to the mis-colors by now (which isn't a good thing mind you).

What I really would have loved would be a show accurate molded Chrysalis!

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2013, 01:13:46 AM »
@LunarEclipse

5) Both want more poses

I agree with this as well. I've seen plenty of "brony" artwork that depicts G1 ponies with G4 bodies. Firefly and Surprise would undoubtedly be the most popular, but I don't see any reason they wouldn't welcome others. It's definitely not a new concept to them.
I doubt that "G1 to G4" ponies are something that is highly wanted by bronies. Whenever a non show pony pops up as a toy they are getting called " stupid re-colors". A recent poll on EQD also showed that a lot of bronies don't even know any G1 characters aside from Firefly and Surprise.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal