collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Twilight Sparkle "Adult Collectible"???  (Read 9632 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Twilight Sparkle "Adult Collectible"???
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2013, 01:18:07 AM »
Not my cup of tea.

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 02:26:17 AM »
That thing is offensive. They just glitterbombed Twilight, tacked on gems, and they want fifty U.S. dollars for it!? What a money grab, oh my god, how arrogant, what a waste...

Also, Hasbro, this IS clearly a toy, you've got nothing on Funko, your stuff is tackier and 4x more expensive. The mark up on this thing has to be insane... I mean look at how cheap the plastic crown looks, and they could have at least flocked Twilight or given her more than one point of articulation, or done something special besides just presenting a basic bedazzled FS pony.

$20 wouldn't be bad, but $50 is a joke to me, I mean they don't even know if Vinyl Scratch is going to bomb at that price and they're making another one? What are they thinking with this stuff?

These are just my gut reactions.

I also bet she'll only have one cutiemark on the display side.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:56:10 AM by popyduggan »

Offline bluemoondreams

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2013, 02:31:56 AM »
wow thats exsepncive and it looks really tacky. Sorry had to say it.

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2013, 02:55:40 AM »
The money they put into this could have been put towards something good.
Like cutie marks on both sides...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2013, 03:01:12 AM »
What I literally cannot understand is WHY they thought that having the body and the wings two OBVIOUSLY DIFFERENT colours is okay. When they market to adults, do they honestly believe we wouldn't notice? Oh, they have colors wrong on the childrens toys all the time (which is no fair to the children either, they know Celestia's not pink), so surely the adults will not notice either.
They seem to have moved on from the head/body mismatch thing, though. Good, Hasbro, here's a pat on the back for that.
I kind of like the swirly pattern on her face, but the gems look out of place and in the end, it's still Twilight Sparkle, and not a non-mane 6 pony.
I won't be buying it.

And I'm afraid that if/when this fails, Hasbro will look at the loss from all those expensive Swarowski crystals and think: "This is obviously not worth spending any money on. We won't make any more collectibles for adults."
Because Hasbro's goal is to make money. We have the money, but Hasbro's trying the wrong way to get it. *sigh*
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2013, 03:09:26 AM »
I actually want the crown since mine didnt come with it being a loose figure! xD If anypony sees one of the loose crowns for sale after the SDCC lemme know!

Noepse

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2013, 03:21:34 AM »
I love her! I really do, I am just afraid I will have no way of getting her. :(

Just noticed her description says "Only available at Hasbrotoyshop.com"!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:24:14 AM by Noepse »

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2013, 03:46:12 AM »

This recent slew of US-exclusives is really getting my goat =/ I know Hasbro is US-focussed but come on...

I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you get one, and I hope shipping isn't awful <3
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:46 AM »

You could always ask a member here to buy her for you and ship her, most are more than willing to help out :) I don't think she'll be selling out any time soon lol...

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2013, 07:10:09 AM »
Sigh. Hasbro, why don't you just make what collectors WANT? Big Mac. Luna in her actual colors. Art ponies. Meh.

Exactly! I just want a Big Mac already! :lol:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 07:28:07 AM »
@LunarEclipse

Things me myself a "brony" and collectors have in common.

1) Both want quality items

2) Both want more characters

3) Both do NOT want the same ponies released over again

4) Would like to see G1 ponies released in G4 bodies

5) Both want more poses

6) Both want more variety

7) Both want to be heard and acknowledged by hasbro

8) Lastly both do NOT want this Twilight

Side note why are the crystals red, it looks so tacky and awful. My saddest fear about this release is it will make hasbro not want to attempt to make more of a better adult collector line :(

That's fine, though I've never seen bronies express a desire for G1 toys to be translated to the G4 line. If that is the case I'd wish they would be more vocal about it! Maybe we would actually get some. :)

I can vouch for this too!  I know there are a ton of bronies who would kill for a Firefly or Surprise, and probably still quite a few who'd love Posey and Sparkler.  And beyond that, any others are practically brand new ponies--anything beyond uninspired re-releases would be happily welcomed!

I agree with this as well. I've seen plenty of "brony" artwork that depicts G1 ponies with G4 bodies. Firefly and Surprise would undoubtedly be the most popular, but I don't see any reason they wouldn't welcome others. It's definitely not a new concept to them.
I doubt that "G1 to G4" ponies are something that is highly wanted by bronies. Whenever a non show pony pops up as a toy they are getting called " stupid re-colors". A recent poll on EQD also showed that a lot of bronies don't even know any G1 characters aside from Firefly and Surprise.

While maybe there is barely any interest in the majority of G1s like Mimic and Glory, the six G1s that originally inspired Faust to create the mane 6 we know today are very well liked. It may be a limited list of G1s but they are still ponies everyone would be happy to see.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »
@LunarEclipse

5) Both want more poses

Side note why are the crystals red, it looks so tacky and awful. My saddest fear about this release is it will make hasbro not want to attempt to make more of a better adult collector line :(

That's fine, though I've never seen bronies express a desire for G1 toys to be translated to the G4 line. If that is the case I'd wish they would be more vocal about it! Maybe we would actually get some. :)

I can vouch for this too!  I know there are a ton of bronies who would kill for a Firefly or Surprise, and probably still quite a few who'd love Posey and Sparkler.  And beyond that, any others are practically brand new ponies--anything beyond uninspired re-releases would be happily welcomed!

I agree with this as well. I've seen plenty of "brony" artwork that depicts G1 ponies with G4 bodies. Firefly and Surprise would undoubtedly be the most popular, but I don't see any reason they wouldn't welcome others. It's definitely not a new concept to them.
I doubt that "G1 to G4" ponies are something that is highly wanted by bronies. Whenever a non show pony pops up as a toy they are getting called " stupid re-colors". A recent poll on EQD also showed that a lot of bronies don't even know any G1 characters aside from Firefly and Surprise.

While maybe there is barely any interest in the majority of G1s like Mimic and Glory, the six G1s that originally inspired Faust to create the mane 6 we know today are very well liked. It may be a limited list of G1s but they are still ponies everyone would be happy to see.

Right but I don't think bronies are going to mind if they created a G1 line, if they didn't want them they just wouldn't buy them, like someone said earlier many bronies sadly don't know any G1 characters so they wouldn't even recognize some of the ponies anyways. Besides almost every brony I have talked to prefers G1 over G3 so I'm sure they would rather see a Fizzy then a Wisteria just saying.

For Sale Wants

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2013, 08:44:33 AM »
I think bronies bight be interested in a G1-G4 pony! After all, as a G4 fan I think its important to embrace G1 because without it, well there may have never of been any My Little Pony today! At least if there was, I dont think it would be developed quite like G4 is. Especially if they made a Firefly Fashion style! I know a lot of bronies who actually love Firefly and if she is envisioned by Lauren as the mom of Rainbow Dash- a big favorite in the toyline, well I think it would be a very successful thing to sell to collectors!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2013, 08:56:57 AM »
@LunarEclipse

5) Both want more poses

Right but I don't think bronies are going to mind if they created a G1 line, if they didn't want them they just wouldn't buy them, like someone said earlier many bronies sadly don't know any G1 characters so they wouldn't even recognize some of the ponies anyways. Besides almost every brony I have talked to prefers G1 over G3 so I'm sure they would rather see a Fizzy then a Wisteria just saying.
I just want G3s to come back in general, hopefully Hasbro will make a similar mold to them during G5  :biggrin:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2013, 09:16:10 AM »

There are a regular stream of her on ebay and Taobao- for almost the exact same price that Hasbrotoyshop has her listed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal