collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion Style Applejack Making a Return  (Read 1025 times)

Ariadna

• Trade Count: (0)
Fashion Style Applejack Making a Return
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:50:41 PM »
I received a catalogue for my local toy store today and the designated My Little Pony section featured fashion style Applejack! Seems this gal is making a comeback in the fashion style range :D I think they also had a percentage discount on them, I can't recall what it was as my partner has already disposed of it :(

The catalogue was from an Australian Toys R Us.

EDIT: Found an online version of the catalogue! ^.^ Fashion Style ponies and Nightmare Moon are 20% off

http://catalogues.toysrus.com.au/catalogue/toys-r-us-catalogue-20-off-lego-construction/4xq937e1r.html?pid=promotedCatalogue#pageNo=6
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:52:30 PM by Ariadna »

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Style Applejack Making a Return
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:01:37 AM »
Looks like it might just be a stock photo. It says "Styles may vary".

Keep us updated. I'm hoping for the best!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:33:02 AM »
I'm rather sceptical of that. The FS ponies still at my local TRUs are CE Pinkie Pie and CPC Cadence & Twilight. As Rainbow Power is starting to release, I'm assuming they will clearance the CE/CPC fashion styles to make way for RP Rarity and SS Fluttershy, and clearance Talking NMM to make way for Flip & Whirl Rainbow Dash. They're in similar size/price brackets.

FS AJ hasn't even been rereleased yet, why would they put her out brand new AND on sale? :lol: I've seen SS Fluttershy at a starting price point around $30, I would think AJ (likely in that two-pack with Daisy Dreams?) would be about the same.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 03:00:20 AM »
AJ has been the FS stock photo for years here in Germany ^^#

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 03:35:08 AM »
I also heard that she is coming out, but we will know till she is in the stores! I sure hope that she does come out!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:02:58 AM »
First wave ponies are standard for stock ponies - it makes assortment waves pretty frustrating! I remain convinced she will get another release at some point but the when and where of it who knows. I also doubt she will be like for like on her original release - she wont have bangs for certain and its probable she will be adapted to suit the current line [Rainbow Power at the moment and who knows what next]. So I agree its probably just a generic "FS" advert unfortunately.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 08:47:53 AM »
For some reason the stores seem clueless that AJ sold out in the first place, many still think she is in stock. 

I keep thinking they will re-release her as well, but so far haven't seen any evidence of it (unless those mysterious Taobao ponies are some kind of indication)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »
For some reason the stores seem clueless that AJ sold out in the first place, many still think she is in stock. 

I keep thinking they will re-release her as well, but so far haven't seen any evidence of it (unless those mysterious Taobao ponies are some kind of indication)

I think it's an "oopsie" by stores and "trolling" by people around the internet. Sadly, all waves of Fashion Style ponies share one same code in the market, which to me is a huge mistake Hasbro does with their toys...

Get the facts right people! Hasbro, y u do this?!
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline prancingstag

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 02:07:37 PM »

When you call up a store and ask for a fashion style pony, they don't hear Applejack, they hear item number #A1234. They go in to the computer, and if the store has fashion style ponies, it's a matter of "Yes, item #A1234 is totally still in production and on the shelf." By their standards, she should still be there, you can't reasonably expect cashiers or customer support staff to know the ins-and-outs of Hasbro wave assortments the way that collectors do. It's frustrating that they all share the same code, and that promotional materials often use the original stock photo of AJ/Rarity they were given, but that's just the system we have to live with unfortunately.

calypony

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 04:04:04 PM »

When you call up a store and ask for a fashion style pony, they don't hear Applejack, they hear item number #A1234. They go in to the computer, and if the store has fashion style ponies, it's a matter of "Yes, item #A1234 is totally still in production and on the shelf." By their standards, she should still be there, you can't reasonably expect cashiers or customer support staff to know the ins-and-outs of Hasbro wave assortments the way that collectors do. It's frustrating that they all share the same code, and that promotional materials often use the original stock photo of AJ/Rarity they were given, but that's just the system we have to live with unfortunately.

I've been dealing with this very same thing while searching for the Equestria Girls Rarity Doll & Pony set. I called every TRU within 50 miles looking for it. One told me they had two in the back, so I rushed over. 20 minutes later, I'm in the store and they tell me the kid who I talked to had no idea what he was talking about! The manager gave me 20+ BB packs for $0.25 a piece to make up for it so I still walked away happy.  :heart:

I've learned that when it comes to pony stuff, the in stock features they have at stores like Target and Walmart mean absolutely nothing. Target says every single store in my area has the doll in stock, and after visiting 4 of them, I gave up.  :cry:

Offline Starly

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 04:12:39 PM »
It seems like the more someone wants something, the harder it is for them to find it. I want the Trixie EQG doll badly, but I can't find any! And sure enough, I've seen comments of people who don't want her but see her all over.

I had to wait months after everyone else found EQG dolls in the beginning to even FIND any at first!
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »

Oh I'm not blaming the store personnel-  just commenting that the stores really don't know.

The fact that the stores don't know which ponies are in stock and which aren't, and how fast they sold-  may have something to do with the fact that she was never re-stocked.   Hasbro won't do anything about making a toy unless there is a demand for it from their buyers (who are Walmart/Target/etc, not us) - and the stores can't demand something if they don't even know there is a problem with supply. 

But who knows, maybe she will come back after all.  Until then, I'm actually fine with my (probably fake) Taobao Applejack. http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350555.new.html#new

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »
I think FS Applejack will be returning, along with FS Daisy Dreams in wave 10. Applejack is the only one I'm currently missing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 06:42:54 PM »
yeah have to agree with everyone with the stock pic, i have seen FS AJ in catalogs for the past 2 years in new zealand, even last week i saw her on a chain store web site, but when i clicked on it it was like AJ was the "fashhion style" cover page :(

btw i have one up for grabs in my trade link :)

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Cherry_Sunset

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 09:30:18 PM »
I can't really say either way if we for sure are getting her, or we for sure won't. I think that both sides sound reasonable! I will just say this, it never hurts to have a bunch of people emailing Hasbro about her, just like we did with Minty. No matter what, I can guarantee that if enough people pester Hasbro about her, we will get her for sure  ^.^ Maybe not the same as her original release, but hey, it'll still be Applejack!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal